NEWS FLASH

Ugh.
dolomite
Contributor

NEWS FLASH

Post by dolomite »

Christie to announce 2024 bid next Tuesday in New Hampshire!

Finally a candidate to love! We can put old Joe in the rocking chair where he belongs.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: NEWS FLASH

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I loved when Christie closed the bridge as a way to own the libs and created a huge traffic jam. And lied about it and made his underlings go to jail. And when he stopped the tunnel project after it was started as a political vendetta that cost Jersey millions of dollars. He is a great one.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Yeah, and ole Joe has never done anything wrong.🙄
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I could vote for the fatman in a general election. why not.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:37 am viewtopic.php?t=4394
Or, more specifically:
jfish26 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 12:59 pm
zsn wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:44 am
jfish26 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:47 am

Someone needs to come out and say, “It is a virtual certainty at this point that Trump will be under multiple indictments at the critical phases of the 2024 general election. And you know what, while the justice system should run its course fairly and free from political influence, it seems more likely than not that Trump broke many laws and, more importantly, damaged both our national security and our collective faith in free and fair elections. Accordingly, I believe the time has come for the Republican Party to unite behind a new face, voice and principled optimism.”
That would require the someone to not be a coward. There’s no one left in the current version of the Republican Party who is not a coward. Whenever someone wanders down towards that path they fall back in line so fast that it creates a sonic boom!!
Cynically, you'd expect one or more people to do this, for the purpose of failing upward into a "token right-leaning talking head" role with the normie networks.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

unless i’m mistaken, your last point has already come to fruition with christie
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:52 pm unless i’m mistaken, your last point has already come to fruition with christie
Well right - he's a smart guy, he's already run that play. But he has to maintain his bona fides!
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

dolomite wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:24 pm Yeah, and ole Joe has never done anything wrong.🙄
He voted for Clarence Thomas, so yeah.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

dolomite wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:34 am Christie to announce 2024 bid next Tuesday in New Hampshire!

Finally a candidate to love! We can put old Joe in the rocking chair where he belongs.
News Flash!
The second half of 2015 and first quarter of 2016 called. Told me to tell you they say hello.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

dolomite wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:34 am Christie to announce 2024 bid next Tuesday in New Hampshire!

Too funny. I'll be surprised if Christie makes it to the halfway mark of the GOP primaries.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:51 pm

Too funny. I'll be surprised if Christie makes it to the halfway mark of the GOP primaries.
It’s also generally true that the more these no-shots water down the field, the clearer the path is for Trump to recreate the 2016 primary.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

dilemma: noun. dilemma [noun] a position or situation giving two choices, neither pleasant. predicament [noun] an unfortunate or difficult situation.

IMO: Christie as the republican nominee would lesson the existential threat Trump and DeSantis pose to the country, but that's what would also make him a bigger threat to Biden in the general.

viva la Trump!?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

I disagree with your hypothesis re. Biden. If Christie is the Republican nominee Biden would likely win around 475 electoral votes because Trump would run as a third party candidate (TDub’s dream) split the votes in otherwise competitive states.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

zsn wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:54 pm I disagree with your hypothesis re. Biden. If Christie is the Republican nominee Biden would likely win around 475 electoral votes because Trump would run as a third party candidate (TDub’s dream) split the votes in otherwise competitive states.
Of course, you're right.

I take it as a given that in the very unlikely event that Trump isn't the nominee because republicans chose someone else or because he's in jail or awaiting trial, Trump will either run as the aggrieved 3rd party candidate that RINOs screwed, or that democrats screwed, by "weaponizing" the government.

Not that I think he's predictable, or anything.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I heard a take that Christie, who has zero chance of getting the nomination, is running solely to trash Trump. Not sure if I buy it or not... but he definitely hates Trump and he definitely can't win, so it sorta fits.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Mjl wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:45 pm I heard a take that Christie, who has zero chance of getting the nomination, is running solely to trash Trump. Not sure if I buy it or not... but he definitely hates Trump and he definitely can't win, so it sorta fits.
Speaking of "ZERO chance", he's "solely" running to trash Trump?
Where did you hear that take? From MTG or Bozobert?
Maybe randy read it on a meme from someone named IDONTKNOWJACKSHITANDYOUHAVENOIDEAWHOIAMBUTYOUBELIEVEMEANYWAY and sent you a pm about it?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.