Nugs Heat Finals

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Nugs Heat Finals

Post by ousdahl »

whaddya say let's give this series its own thread

kinda bummed so few in CO care about major league team sports. I get it, it's fucking mountain bike season, whatever. But that's prob skewed by being in the mountains too. There's gotta be someone in Denver who cares, right?

Anywho, Imma jump on this Nugs bandwagon, even if I'm the only one, thus defeating the whole point of a bandwagon. It's gonna be hard tho, cuz I like Jimmy Butler too.
ramjet
Contributor

Re: Nugs Heat Finals

Post by ramjet »

ousdahl wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:53 pm whaddya say let's give this series its own thread

kinda bummed so few in CO care about major league team sports. I get it, it's fucking mountain bike season, whatever. But that's prob skewed by being in the mountains too. There's gotta be someone in Denver who cares, right?

Anywho, Imma jump on this Nugs bandwagon, even if I'm the only one, thus defeating the whole point of a bandwagon. It's gonna be hard tho, cuz I like Jimmy Butler too.
"kinda bummed so few in CO care about major league team sports." It's hard to be a major league team sports fan in CO, other than the Avs, they all suck. I've been following the Nugs more this year with CB getting some PT. If the Nugs win this thing, it will be the 2nd best Denver championship after Super Bowl XXXII
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I know the Nugs are favorites but beav just had a good point:

So were the Celts.

And the Heat have been to lots of finals now. The Nugs have not.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Need a laugh?
Spoelstra didn't finish in the top 14 for COTY
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

To be fair, they were pretty awful. Also were down a handful of points to Chicago with minutes remaining in their 2nd play-in game to make it to the playoffs.

But they've been a force since then.

I think Jokic is going to tear them up big time. I see a 4-2 series win for the Nuggs.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:02 am I think Jokic is going to tear them up big time. I see a 4-2 series win for the Nuggs.
That's what i'd say too.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Yeah they were a #1 seed last year, lost in game 7 of the conference finals
And almost missed the playoffs. Im surprised he finished as high as 14th based on their regular season
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Wonder how much of the apathy comes from either of the following:

1. Kroenke is a shit owner and human.
2. The Nuggets aren't on local TV for a lot of folks (still)...bc, see:1.
Arjhawk

Post by Arjhawk »

Denver cares!
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

CB sighting playing defense, with 2 replays, one in slow mo.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Snoozefest.
Nuggs in 5?
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:04 pm Snoozefest.
Nuggs in 5?
^^^
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Guess who had Jokic under 50.5 in points, rebounds and assists? This guy. Jokic scored like 6 points in the last 2 minutes when the game was still in double digits. He ended with 51 total between the 3.

Should have sat him, damnit. lol
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:15 am Guess who had Jokic under 50.5 in points, rebounds and assists? This guy. Jokic scored like 6 points in the last 2 minutes when the game was still in double digits. He ended with 51 total between the 3.

Should have sat him, damnit. lol
Nope. Heat were making a run, outscored the Nugs by 10 in Q4. So much for thin air being a factor hurting the Heat.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Didn't realize/remember that in the 3 championships the Heat have won, they lost game 1 in all 3 of them.
I don't expect them to win this series. I'm keeping my prediction. Nuggs in 5.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

to anyone familiar with the Denver/Front Range area...

if the Nugs DO win it all, what area/s would be best to expect as close to a Final-Four-on-Mass-Street sort of championship celebration as possible?
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:20 am to anyone familiar with the Denver/Front Range area...

if the Nugs DO win it all, what area/s would be best to expect as close to a Final-Four-on-Mass-Street sort of championship celebration as possible?
Probably outside the Sack or Lodo. Downtown to fucking dangerous. Maybe Larimar Square
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:20 am to anyone familiar with the Denver/Front Range area...

https://www.denverpost.com/2022/06/27/p ... y-cup-win/ Looks like Lodo is the place to be if they have a chance to win it.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

The downtown area near market street, coors field, view house area