Nugs Heat Finals

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: Nugs Heat Finals

Post by ousdahl »

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I thought Nuggs in 6 before series started. They're just too good.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

ramjet wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:42 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:03 am
For most. Unfortunately not all.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/13/us/denve ... index.html
meanwhile in Chicago: https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-shootin ... /13372155/
I admit I am confused. Are you implying what happened in Denver is no big deal (and/or minimalizing it?) because a lot more people get shot in Chicago on an average weekend?
Both suck for the same and different reasons.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

maybe this should go in the GOAT thread

https://www.theringer.com/platform/amp/ ... inals-2023

kinda wish i woulda watched more…lesson learned
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:51 am maybe this should go in the GOAT thread

Honestly, I was truly impressed watching Jokic in this playoffs run. He plays a ton and he just made big play after big play. He shot over 58% from the floor in the Finals despite being hacked, held and focused on whenever he was on the floor. The vast majority of NBA stars also would have spent the entire game last night whining to the refs if they had to deal with 10% of what the Heat did to Jokic. He said a few things here and there to refs but it never distracted him from playing. I have definitely come away from this title run a big Jokic fan. He's easy to cheer for and very entertaining.

And his "the work is done so now we can go home" response to "what does this title mean to you" question in the postgame was spectacular. Just seems like a worker bee kind of guy.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:07 am
KUTradition wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:51 am maybe this should go in the GOAT thread

Honestly, I was truly impressed watching Jokic in this playoffs run. He plays a ton and he just made big play after big play. He shot over 58% from the floor in the Finals despite being hacked, held and focused on whenever he was on the floor. The vast majority of NBA stars also would have spent the entire game last night whining to the refs if they had to deal with 10% of what the Heat did to Jokic. He said a few things here and there to refs but it never distracted him from playing. I have definitely come away from this title run a big Jokic fan. He's easy to cheer for and very entertaining.

And his "the work is done so now we can go home" response to "what does this title mean to you" question in the postgame was spectacular. Just seems like a worker bee kind of guy.
the comments i’ve read about his work ethic reminds of things that were said about Kobe

that’s what seems to set him apart, and will continue to…doing the off-season work to improve all aspects of his game (plus he’s only 28)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:07 am

Yes.
All of this.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I'm not a smart guy. Can/will someone please explain to me why Joker went 7th in the draft.

All-Star starters draft

LeBron: Joel Embiid, C, Philadelphia 76ers
Giannis: Jayson Tatum, F, Boston Celtics
LeBron: Kyrie Irving, G, Dallas Mavericks
Giannis: Ja Morant, G, Memphis Grizzlies
LeBron: Luka Doncic, G, Dallas Mavericks
Giannis: Donovan Mitchell, G, Cleveland Cavaliers
LeBron: Nikola Jokic, C, Denver Nuggets
Giannis: Lauri Marrkanen, F, Utah Jazz
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

because bron and giannis are tools?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:23 am I'm not a smart guy. Can/will someone please explain to me why Joker went 7th in the draft.

All-Star starters draft

LeBron: Joel Embiid, C, Philadelphia 76ers
Giannis: Jayson Tatum, F, Boston Celtics
LeBron: Kyrie Irving, G, Dallas Mavericks
Giannis: Ja Morant, G, Memphis Grizzlies
LeBron: Luka Doncic, G, Dallas Mavericks
Giannis: Donovan Mitchell, G, Cleveland Cavaliers
LeBron: Nikola Jokic, C, Denver Nuggets
Giannis: Lauri Marrkanen, F, Utah Jazz
Because LeBron had already picked Embiid and because Giannis considers himself to be a center so it would be dumb to pick a guy at a position you already feel you have someone playing?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I like trad’s explanation better.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Arjhawk

Post by Arjhawk »

This Nuggets team make finally bring me back to the NBA (which I've struggled to really follow since the Kings packed up). Fun team, seem like decent dudes, should be good for awhile, CB plays minutes.

Ous, did you see the video of Aaron Gordon strolling home, shirtless, surrounded by partying fans, in his uniform shorts?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

that’s pretty stinking cute

and i’m not a big fan of kids
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Man, he's so likeable
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Sure, Jan: "...I actually think everyone pretending this Denver ring means something diminishes the rings of other people..."

https://youtu.be/erGtJTBEIMY
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Equally ridiculous.

"I could maybe score a touchdown. I could luck into a home run. I could probably get two points in an NBA game."

Ranking them in levels of ridiculous from most ridiculous to least:

I could luck into a home run.
No way dude. You're up to bat what, 4 times let's say?
I'd put money down that you don't even get the ball in play. I'm not talking a hit. I'm just talking in play.

I could maybe score a touchdown.
Extremely unlikely. How are you getting this? You're in pads in a football game with gladiators at the top of their athletic ability. You're not catching a touchdown. You have zero speed off the line, a corner would just waltz around you half assed and smother you completely - that is, if you didn't get knocked off your ass before the five yard buffer. Maybe, just maybe, if you're behind the best offensive line, and your team gets you to the 1 yard line, you run the ball in, if you can handle the handoff, but if you don't, i'm willing to bet you're out of the game after that play from having a 330 lb dude smash on top of you. Or they let you be quarterback and somehow one of your receivers catches a 1 yard pass and takes it to the house. But i'm also willing to bet you're more likely to throw a pick or get sacked and be out for the game.

I could get two points in an NBA game.
OK, also very unlikely but I guess if you got to shoot the ball every single time you got it, sure, one of your chucks hits off the backboard and you bank it in. But most of your shots ( 80% of them? ) are gonna get blocked. And will you be quick enough to break away from your man to even catch the ball. You'll have more turnovers than a Westbrook game in the first quarter.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

I could get fouled during some ridiculous play, in the bonus. Then I could hit two free throws, thus scoring two points in an NBA game. I agree with you that the other scenarios are ridiculous*.

*Bert Blyleven’s quote when asked how he is going to approach batting in the WS since he’s never hit before in an MLB game: “I’m just going go up to the plate and start swinging. Sooner or later some idiot is going to hit my bat”