Republican Culture Wars Aren't New

Ugh.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: Republican Culture Wars Aren't New

Post by DCHawk1 »

TDub wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:20 pm we are in a spiral of hate. Its all encompassing and gaining momentum. I think this where I reiterate that I dont like people.
Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:49 pm
TDub wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:20 pm we are in a spiral of hate. Its all encompassing and gaining momentum. I think this where I reiterate that I dont like people.
Thats full of seemingly terrifying accuracies.

Yeats....second coming....I had to look it up, but its a.....bleak look at the end times for humanity. Id like to have faith that we will pull out of it.....but...as I age, my faith in humanity weakens.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:50 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:49 pm
Thats full of seemingly terrifying accuracies.

Yeats....second coming....I had to look it up, but its a.....bleak look at the end times for humanity. Id like to have faith that we will pull out of it.....but...as I age, my faith in humanity weakens.
The "good" news is that I think far too many people are too fat, lazy and self centered to actually take up arms in a civil war. People just continue to flex their fake toughness on social media like an NBA player waiting for a teammate to get in front of them before they pretend to " go after" someone in an altercation.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

This second grouping of Bushwhackers lacks the courage of a Bloody Bill Anderson, though the same moral compass and education. Quantrill in Sarasota with memes. Admittedly, they charge our lines with the steering wheel in their teeth and memes in each hand trying to own the libs, but self-owning stupidity.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Sparko wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:30 am This second grouping of Bushwhackers lacks the courage of a Bloody Bill Anderson, though the same moral compass and education. Quantrill in Sarasota with memes. Admittedly, they charge our lines with the steering wheel in their teeth and memes in each hand trying to own the libs, but self-owning stupidity.
oh come on, that's a pretty hash description of Ous....I dont think he's gotten that far right yet....
Just Ledoux it
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Ous will fish the lands bereft of meme makers one day. Or join them in the backseat of a self driven car dispensing memes out the back window. Sparko: 3:16
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,

dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix,

devilheaded grifters burning for the heavenly connection to the starry media show in the machinery of might,

who moral poverty and societal tatters and hollow-eyed and delusional sat up drinking in the supernatural emptiness of strip malls floating across the tops of suburbs contemplating treason,

who bared their brains to Fox under the El and saw disingenuous angels staggering on television illuminated,

who passed through universities with reptilian cold eyes hallucinating Texas and Blake-light greed among the scholars of money,

who expelled the academics for truth & published obscene odes to the soulless,

who cowered in board rooms in power suits, burning our money in wastebaskets and sponsoring the Fear through the screen,

who got busted in their public jobs returning through detectors with a weapon for freedom,

who ate lies in Willard hotels or drank turpentine in Harry’s, gazed at their own lonely torsos night after night

a lost battalion of moronic Constitutionalists jumping down the stoops of Congress off windowsills over security fences out of the moon,

who thought they were mad only when John F Kennedy Jr did not gleam in supernatural ecstasy,

who barreled down the highways of the dishonorable past parading to each other’s hotrod-fake patriot-flag waving for incarceration,

who journeyed to Washington, who died in Washington, who came back to Washington & waited in vain, who watched over Washington & brooded & loned in Washington and finally went away to find out the Time, & now Woodland Park is lonesome for her wilddog heroes,

who fell on their knees in hopeless jail cells praying for each other’s salvation and light and breasts, until reality illuminated its hair for a second,

who demanded sanity trials accusing the television of hypnotism & were left with their insanity & their Fred Perry shirts & a grand jury,

who in humorless protest overturned only one symbolic speaker’s podium, resting their shoes briefly in Pelosi’s office,

What sphinx of hubris and radio waves bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and suspended disbelief?

Moloch! Solitude! Filth! Ugliness! Charlottesville and unobtainable dollars! Children screaming under the cars! Boys chanting in tiki torch armies! Nazis crying in the parks!

Moloch! Moloch! Nightmare of Moloch! Moloch the loveless! Mental Moloch! Moloch the poor but heavy judger of men!

Moloch the incomprehensible! Moloch the soulless whorehouse and Congress of sorrows! Moloch whose buildings are judgment! Moloch the vast stone of cowardice! Moloch the stunned governments!

Moloch whose mind is antiquated machinery! Moloch whose blood is running money! Moloch whose fingers are tiny sausages! Moloch whose breast is a cannibal dynamo! Moloch whose mouth is a smoking tomb!

Moloch whose eyes are a thousand blind windows! Moloch whose skyscrapers stand in the Long Island streets like endless Jehovahs! Moloch whose dream factories belch fog! Moloch whose smoke-stacks and antennae crown the cities!

Moloch whose love is endless oil and stone! Moloch whose soul is mendacity and banks! Moloch whose wealth is a specter of genius! Moloch whose fate is a cloud of smoke and mirrors!

Moloch whose name is the groupthink Mind!

Visions! omens! hallucinations! miracles! gaslight! gone down the American river! In areas where there’s tremendous amounts of water, where water rushes out to the sea, because you could never handle it and you don’t get any water.

Dreams! adorations! illuminations! religions! the whole boatload of insensitive bullshit!

Breakthroughs! over the fences! vote flips and crucifixions! gone down the toilet after flushing 10, 15 times, as opposed to once! And other elements of bathrooms! Where you turn the faucet on! You turn on the faucet and you don’t get any water! Epiphanies! Despairs! They take a shower and water comes dripping out! It’s dripping out, very quietly dripping out! Four years’ animal screams! Minds! New hates! Mad generation! down on the rocks of Time!
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

is there cliffnotes?
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:27 pm is there cliffnotes?
https://www.litcharts.com/poetry/allen-ginsberg/howl
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I found this scrawled on a piece of paper stuck to a wall about a year ago. It said "yip" at the top and was signed "dax id". I adopted the first two lines as my signature back then. There is more self indulgent nonsense but I thought this would give you the gist of it.
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:44 am chickens coming home to roost…

some utah parents are raising a stink after another parent successfully lobbied for the bible to be removed from school library shelves

:lol:
"...and histories like the Bible...will be perfectly fine..."

https://youtu.be/l-c32v73__Q
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas