What is a woman?

Ugh.
MICHHAWK

Re: What is a woman?

Post by MICHHAWK »

reading. riting. rithmatic. if the school system can stay in their lane. it will be greatly appreciated.

mom and dad have the rest.
Last edited by MICHHAWK on Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

MICHHAWK wrote:reading. riting. rithmatic. if the school system can stay in they lane. it will be greatly appreciated.

they school system worked for mich clearly.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:28 am reading. riting. rithmatic. if they school system can stay in their lane. it will be greatly appreciated.

You forgot the most important R.
Religion.

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i guess mich doesn’t think science should be taught in school

he must go to his local shaman or medicine man for herbal concoctions
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:22 am You don't have kids.
You're never having kids.
You should never have kids.

You can just kinda stay out of the school system thankssomuch.
Dumb post. I do
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:12 am
pdub wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:48 pm If you are actually a libertarian as you’ve said in the past then you wouldn’t give a fuck if some boys or men wanted to be and identified as women. And you’d also not give a fuck if some businesses helped those people become women. You’d just want the free market to run its course and the government to stay out of it.

But you aren’t a libertarian at all.
You’re just a brainwashed moran.
I dont give a fuck about individuals choosing to do it.

What I give a fuck about, is why children have been caught in the crossfire of thus movement

Most people didn't really care until all the mainstream propaganda become so prevelant and filtered into the school systems
This - "most people" - is as good a place as any to bring up something pretty important, which is thoughtfully presented here:

https://cupofcoffee.substack.com/p/cup- ... une-5-2023
“The vast majority of Americans want to be Canada with aircraft carriers and nukes”

That was a quote that, while coming in a serious thread of political sentiment, made me laugh out loud.

The context: a profile of CNN CEO Chris Licht featured him, like so many other damn media executives of the past decade, defending his both-sidesing and elevation of right wingers by claiming that conservative voices have been unfairly marginalized in the past and claiming that he is just offering a corrective. It’s the same “showing what ‘real America’ thinks” rationale the New York Times has used for sending platoons of reporters to Midwestern diners or MAGA rallies and often uncritically amplifying the most fascistic and authoritarian sentiment it encounters. It’s why six Nazi loons outside a courthouse or a government building get covered by two dozen reporters while the mainstream political preferences of tens of millions of people are largely ignored by the media.

As Greg Fish, the person who offered that funny headline quote, notes in a pretty compelling Twitter thread, focusing on this sort of conservative sentiment is completely misguided because, contrary to what the cable news executives and New York Times political editors would have you believe, the stuff far right Republicans push is wildly unpopular and completely unrepresentative of where this country actually sits. Fish does this by citing comprehensive political polling on a host of issues which, with a few particularly American exceptions, shows that this country is a pretty moderate place that, if anything, would prefer to tack a bit more progressive than conservative.

Stuff like how 61% of Americans support on demand abortion access in at least the first 15 weeks of pregnancy and are amenable to late stage abortion services in cases of rape, incest, and medical emergencies. Stuff like 71% of Americans supporting gay marriage and 66% opposing anti-trans legislation. Indeed, only a quarter of even Republican voters support the anti-trans bills. How 72% of Americans want the country to be carbon neutral by 2050. How 58% of Americans say that policing needs major reforms and only 6% of the country fly those fascist-ass “thin blue line” flags. How only a quarter of the country has confidence in the Supreme Court these days in light of its radical activism under its Republican majority.

Fish’s windup:

It is impossible to live in America and not have to hear right wing views or get 10K word, soft focus profiles of rural Republicans. And here's the kicker. Their views are statistically despised by between 2 in 3 and 3 in 4 of us, according to numerous public opinion polls . . . we're just tired of right wing zealots forcing a very moderate 21st century nation with vast wealth to act like a 19th century Dickensian dystopia that quietly slips into a paranoid fascist dictatorship . . . the vast majority of Americans want to be Canada with aircraft carriers and nukes, and the party that media execs like Licht keeps on shoving down our throats wants us to be a mashup of Russia and Saudi Arabia, and threatens us with violence when we don't see eye to eye.

To be sure, there is a lot of dangerous far right authoritarian and even fascist political sentiment out there and it is, to an unprecedented degree, held by people in elected office or positions of prominence. But because of gerrymandering, voter suppression, lifetime judicial appointments, and the increasingly stark divide between urban/suburban American on the one hand and rural America on the other, it is nowhere near the dominant political sentiment in the country. Indeed, it’s nowhere near a majority almost any way you slice it, despite what you may see on or in the news.
It is simply not true that "most people" believe in what are clearly minority positions on culture war bullshit issues.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

margot robbie is a woman.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:23 am randy doesn’t give a fuck, as exemplified by his dozens of posts in the subject

:lol:
If today, you started self identifying as a woman, I wouldn't give a single fuck.

But if you were out in schools talking to kids about transitioning too, I'd care. Id call you out for being a weird pervert

Because that is what those people are. If you, a random person, are talking to children about shit like that, you are some kind of weird pervert

That really weird part is there is also a movement to transition kids behind their parents back without parental knowledge of the situation
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:12 pm
KUTradition wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:23 am randy doesn’t give a fuck, as exemplified by his dozens of posts in the subject

If today, you started self identifying as a woman, I wouldn't give a single fuck.

But if you were out in schools talking to kids about transitioning too, I'd care. Id call you out for being a weird pervert

Because that is what those people are. If you, a random person, are talking to children about shit like that, you are some kind of weird pervert

That really weird part is there is also a movement to transition kids behind their parents back without parental knowledge of the situation
What you miss about this situation is that you have lit on fire, over and over again, any benefit of the doubt as to your ability - let alone your willingness - to actually discuss culture war issues in good faith.

You start discussions from positions of inhumanity, ignorance, absolutism and bad faith. I don't know if you're intentionally doing that, or if you're just a follower. But it doesn't matter, really.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

randylahey wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:08 pm
pdub wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:22 am You don't have kids.
You're never having kids.
You should never have kids.

You can just kinda stay out of the school system thankssomuch.
Dumb post. I do
Forgive me if I don't believe a single thing that you post.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:24 pm

What you miss about this situation is that you have lit on fire, over and over again, any benefit of the doubt as to your ability - let alone your willingness - to actually discuss culture war issues in good faith.

You start discussions from positions of inhumanity, ignorance, absolutism and bad faith. I don't know if you're intentionally doing that, or if you're just a follower. But it doesn't matter, really.
JFish knocks it out of the park.
I mean, it was right over the middle of the plate and he was told exactly what pitch it was going to be and he was playing in a little league park - but still, it's outta here.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:10 pm margot robbie is a woman.
Prove it.

One of the 5 most beautiful women I have ever seen in person. Even if she/he/it does have a penis.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

"You dont give pedophiles and people that want to indoctrinate your kids the benefit of the doubt"
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

What businesses does the school system actually have when it comes to young elementary age children and their sexuality or gender?

Why is that even on their radar?

Honestly. How is that a priority people are defending
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:20 pm

"You dont give pedophiles and people that want to indoctrinate your kids the benefit of the doubt"
Who are you quoting? And about what, exactly?

Because you MAGA loons sure give certain establishments free passes on these sorts of things (on top of tax giveaways).
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:21 pm What businesses does the school system actually have when it comes to young elementary age children and their sexuality or gender?

You say you have kids. Maybe you do, maybe you don't.

But someone who has spent time around kids would understand that (1) elementary age kids have an intuitive desire to begin learning about sexuality and gender, and (2) if you don't educate elementary age kids about something, they'll make shit up on their own (or become afraid of asking questions).

I think the vast, vast majority of Americans would agree that there is appropriate sexuality/gender education for elementary age kids.

The tough part is figuring out what exactly is "appropriate."

But that's for discussions among people who engage on these issues reasonably, rationally, objectively and in good faith.

So, not you.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

It wasn’t til like college that I fully learned how human reproduction and sexuality works.

For the longest time, I thought - was told - babies are simply a gift from god, which he rewards to faithful married couples, that’s where babies come from.

And if a woman got pregnant out of wedlock, it wasn’t cuz of sex out of wedlock. It was cuz of god spiting her with a baby for not being faithful enough.

But then again, I spent formative years in Catholic school.

If only randy had been around then to protect me from such indoctrination
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:21 pm What businesses does the school system actually have when it comes to young elementary age children and their sexuality or gender?

The same amount of business that parents have in developing curriculum for schools to teach kids but that doesn't seem to slow do Trump Humpers claims that they should have a say in it.

And by the way, most kids spend more of their waking hours at school than they do in their own homes and interact with teachers more than they do their own parents.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:05 pm

The same amount of business that parents have in developing curriculum for schools to teach kids but that doesn't seem to slow do Trump Humpers claims that they should have a say in it.

And by the way, most kids spend more of their waking hours at school than they do in their own homes and interact with teachers more than they do their own parents.
Seems like as good a spot as any to highlight this:
The power of serial book challengers

The majority of the 1,000-plus book challenges analyzed by The Post were filed by just 11 people.

Each of these people brought 10 or more challenges against books in their school district; one man filed 92 challenges. Together, these serial filers constituted 6 percent of all book challengers — but were responsible for 60 percent of all filings.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/educatio ... allengers/
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’m gonna ask my mechanic about this sore on my foot
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?