the conservative end game on education

Ugh.
JKLivin
Contributor

Re: the conservative end game on education

Post by JKLivin »

zsn wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:36 pm Proud to be ignorant! I don’t think Lincoln knew that “you can fool some of the people all of the time” would not only be contagious but also hereditary!!
I have no quarrel with science. I do, however, with social engineering.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JKLivin wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:38 pm
zsn wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:36 pm Proud to be ignorant! I don’t think Lincoln knew that “you can fool some of the people all of the time” would not only be contagious but also hereditary!!
Says the person who shares more propaganda nonsense than anyone here.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

twocoach wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:53 pm
JKLivin wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:38 pm
Says the person who shares more propaganda nonsense than anyone here.
If, by propaganda, you mean truths that you find frightening or inconvenient, then, yes, I plead guilty.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

No. By propaganda we mean you are in the thrall of lunatics and shiny objects, dazzled by confirmation bias and shamelessness.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Sparko wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:01 pm No. By propaganda we mean you are in the thrall of lunatics and shiny objects, dazzled by confirmation bias and shamelessness.
I’ll go with my definition. Based on my experiences here, it is a much better fit.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

japhy wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:13 am Just another day in the life of schoolteachers.

Newest "anti-woke" tantrum: Right-wingers don't think kids of different races can be friends
For decades, whenever I heard republicans lamenting life back in "the good old days", I subconsciously assumed they had a blind spot about how bad things were for women, but especially minorities, and especially Blacks.

I don't think that anymore.

It turns out, racism/bigotry isn't at all a "bug" for them, it's who that are.

Silly me. I need to learn to stop projecting my admirable virtues onto people who not only don't deserve them, but who see them as a weakness, in me.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Feral wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:02 am
japhy wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:13 am Just another day in the life of schoolteachers.

Newest "anti-woke" tantrum: Right-wingers don't think kids of different races can be friends
For decades, whenever I heard republicans lamenting life back in "the good old days", I subconsciously assumed they had a blind spot about how bad things were for women, but especially minorities, and especially Blacks.

Silly me. I need to learn to stop projecting my admirable virtues onto people who not only don't deserve them, but who see them as a weakness, in me.
Thank God we have morally superior individuals such as yourself to not only point out our deficiencies, but to work so hard to balance things out, not to mention posting about it 95 times a day. Where would our world be without people like you?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:23 am Image
THIS!

THIS is the sort of CRT shit that could make racists feel bad about themselves!

Good to know that Greg Abbott and Mama Bears Descending are doing the lord's work and protecting children and their racist parent's feelings!
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

JKLivin wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:52 am

Thank God we have morally superior individuals such as yourself to not only point out our deficiencies, but to work so hard to balance things out, not to mention posting about it 95 times a day. Where would our world be without people like you?
https://flic.kr/p/2oPZy4U
Anand Giridharadas
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Feral wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:15 pm
JKLivin wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:52 am

https://flic.kr/p/2oPZy4U
Perfect. Thanks for making my point.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Sarah Sanders is orders of magnitude the most horrible excuse for a human being. That’s saying a lot, in a world with DeSantis, Trumps, McConnell, Clarence Thomas, MTG, Boebert and Ted Cruz.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Looking good, Bootsie!

Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Fascist parents raise their children with fascist values, beliefs & policy preferences. Fascists try to keep a tight control over their children so that their fascism won't be contradicted or challenged. Schools challenge fascism, which is why the fascists want to abolish them.

@ItsDocumented uncovered leaked videos and recordings that expose the Alliance Defending Freedom’s plot to wipe out public schools in America.

Their goal is to take down the entire system of education — and replace it with religious schools.

Here’s how they plan to do it.
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Or military schools. See Trump.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

So, Wisconsin republicans think farmers should to have to pay more in taxes so there can be more private, government-funded schools, that ban books? Got it!

Video of feckless republican silence lasting 35 seconds, in service to the Christo-Fascist oligarchy.

It's impossible not to see the similarity to Trump's 2017 tax cuts, which will add nearly $2 Trillion to the national debt. The bill was a typical republican give-away to the wealthy, banks, and other corporations, for whom the tax cuts are permanent. You read that right, the law cut corporate tax rates permanently but individual tax rates temporarily, because individual tax provisions expire after 2025. It also permanently removed the individual mandate—a key provision of the Affordable Care Act—which was likely to raise insurance premiums and significantly reduce the number of people with coverage.

Fewer people with medical insurance?

Meh, let them eat cake...
Anand Giridharadas