Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Wildfires

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:38 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:36 pm
JKLivin wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:28 pm

Cool story, bro. Didn’t realize you and Oprah talked about her motives. Her track record says otherwise.
Forgetting track records, what have you done for the people in Maui?
I’m oUtRAgEd for them. Also, I don’t own property on an island where I don’t reside like Jeff Bezos, Owen Wilson, Mick Fleetwood, and the aforementioned Ms. Winfrey, none of whom seem much interested in the plight of their neighbors.
Cleary Winfrey seems interested in the "plight" of her "neighbors".

and Bezos

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/statu ... 6757942275

and

Fleetwood

https://www.instagram.com/p/CvvvucYIzw2 ... BiNWFlZA==

and......
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Thoughts and prayers and checks. Great. Doesn’t do much for people right now.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Sorry, I'm going to echo twocoach's and Trad's question/sentiment.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:55 pm Thoughts and prayers and checks. Great. Doesn’t do much for people right now.
do.you practice your comedy routine in the mirror or does it come naturally?
Just Ledoux it
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:18 pm Sorry, I'm going to echo twocoach's and Trad's question/sentiment.
Sorry. The Governor of Hawaii is asking all citizens to open their homes to the displaced. I’m just wondering why that only applies to the non-wealthy and powerful. Seems like a question you libs should be asking.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:55 pm Thoughts and prayers and checks. Great. Doesn’t do much for people right now.
You have to have a special kind of "I hate liberals" brain rot to be having and continuing this conversation. You saw Oprah, a well-known liberal, and just made up a complaint in your head, no matter what the facts of the situation are.

You know what DOES "do much for people right now"? Going and getting them the essential items that they need to get through the next few days, which is exactly what she did. She showed up and asked the shelter staff what they needed most and then went and got those things. She didn't post some generic thoughts and prayers tweet. She drove down there in person and walked in the door and DID things for people.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

twocoach wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:22 pm
You have to have a special kind of "I hate liberals" brain rot to be having and continuing this conversation. You saw Oprah, a well-known liberal, and just made up a complaint in your head, no matter what the facts of the situation are.

You know what DOES "do much for people right now"? Going and getting them the essential items that they need to get through the next few days, which is exactly what she did. She showed up and asked the shelter staff what they needed most and then went and got those things. She didn't post some generic thoughts and prayers tweet. She drove down there in person and walked in the door and DID things for people.
So, she’s exempt from opening her home like everyone else, then. Thanks for being honest.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:39 pm
twocoach wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:22 pm

So, she’s exempt from opening her home like everyone else, then. Thanks for being honest.
For all I know, she has opened up her home to others. Since she doesn't appear to be seeking media attention for her actions, we may never know.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

JKLivin wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:09 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:18 pm Sorry, I'm going to echo twocoach's and Trad's question/sentiment.
Sorry. The Governor of Hawaii is asking all citizens to open their homes to the displaced. I’m just wondering why that only applies to the non-wealthy and powerful. Seems like a question you libs should be asking.
"you libs"?
Do you think I am getting emails from the Trump and Ramaswamy campaigns, Ted Cruz, Doug Burgum, Conservative Intel, Senate GOP, etc., because I am a "lib"?
Yes, I tend to be more liberal than conservative but as I have stated numerous times, I have voted for many Republicans in my 38 years of being a registered (both Democratic and Republican) voter.

"Lib" or not, I feel Green's (the Governor) request applies to everyone - or should.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Buddy of mine.....

As a child, Maui was my favorite place in the whole world. Our family would vacation there every Christmas, and we would often sneak a second trip during the summer. I have fond memories of scuba diving, surfing and enjoying the majestic nature of the island. One of my most palpable memories is the feeling I would get upon landing on the island and breathing the tropical air; I felt alive and vital and the island felt vibrant and awake, teeming with unusual, colorful creatures, birds, geckos, giant palm trees gently swaying in the ocean breeze.
It was paradise.
When I returned in September of last year I could not believe what it had become. The once-lush fields and forests had turned brown and lifeless. The south side of the island had transformed into a tropical Vegas, the beaches lined with mega resorts, golf courses, strip malls and franchise restaurants. The dive spot I had explored countless times as a teenager, once a vital reef with schools of tropical fish, eel, reef sharks and sea turtles, was no longer open due to toxic runoff from golf courses, fertilizer and other chemicals. Much of the island seemed heading toward desertification due to disproportionate water allocation.
It was a mess.
I pray for the human, animal and plant lives lost in these fires. I also pray that we as a society wake up to the extreme, sometimes irreversible destruction we are causing. There’s no mistaking it, we’re living in late stage capitalism, but I have faith we can transcend it and leave our children with a world full of magic and wonder.
I’m praying for Maui
I’m praying for us
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Since JK is bitching the people need help - and has implied he feels money does them no good right now - this is for the others of you who may feel a desire to help.....

Maui strong fund
Instagram:
@hawaiicommunityfoundation
https://
www.hawaiicommunityfoundation.org/maui-strong
Maui humane society
Instagram: @mauihumanesociety
https://www.mauihumanesociety.org/donate-olx/
Maui mutual aid fund
https://www.paypal.com/donate...
Ways to help/ Mutual aid google doc
https://docs.google.com/.../1B6dpfOUP0t ... ./htmlview
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

so, apparently there’s a thought that the invasive grasses in the islands are a major factor in these fires
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

My hunch is that we’ll find out that China started the fires. I guess COVID wasn’t enough.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/space/ ... er-hawaii/#
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

my hunch is…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:44 am so, apparently there’s a thought that the invasive grasses in the islands are a major factor in these fires
I read that.

Invasive grasses and way below normal rainfall levels.

70 mph winds don't help.
Just Ledoux it
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:14 am my hunch is it’s Trump’s fault
Finished your post for you.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Why would anyone watch these assholes?

https://youtube.com/shorts/ePgm0LnwqU0?feature=share
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

JKLivin wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:24 am
KUTradition wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:14 am my hunch is psych is an idiot
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:43 am
JKLivin wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:24 am
KUTradition wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:14 am my hunch is psych is an idiot
Brilliant. Come up with that all by yourself?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas