Huggs in trouble again

Kansas Basketball.
TDub
Contributor

Re: Huggs in trouble again

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:17 am Yea.

I was concerned with Braun, when, in the underclassman years, the dood self-billed as a bow-and-arrow shooter seemed hesitant to shoot, or to do much of anything at all. But, in a development no one expected, he turned himself into a pro-caliber…utility slasher?, and the crauw remains delicious.

Dajuan still kinda makes me nervous, cuz he stands to play a ton of minutes, even tho he may never be that late-game just go make buckets happen kinda guy that a contender kinda needs. I’d be pleased to be wrong, again, tho.

The different between all that, is I don’t wake up and spend my whole day looking for reasons to loose my mind about it, like pdub’s done with Hunter, and like tdub does with me.
lol if you think I spend anytime thinking about you other than when I read your posts......youre as delusional as you appear in the war thread.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:21 am
TDub wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:38 pm the sun sets in the west.

KJ is gonna start.
Maybe I'm wrong here.. but I kind of expect kj to take another big step forward this season. He could be one of the best forwards in the league

We know his defense/rebounding/athleticism is going to be elite. That already makes him one of the better players in college. But I think he averages more points than some might be thinking. He can really attack the rim
He's too short to be one of the best forwards in the league but I but also believe that he will take another step forward. Sounds like he has been in the gym getting up shots and will a little more range this season. With Dickinson covering a lot of the work at the rim and also getting up threes, KJ kind of needs to fill the space between and develop a better mid range shot.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

twocoach wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:12 am
TDub wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:38 pm the sun sets in the west.

KJ is gonna start.
Maybe I'm wrong here.. but I kind of expect kj to take another big step forward this season. He could be one of the best forwards in the league

We know his defense/rebounding/athleticism is going to be elite. That already makes him one of the better players in college. But I think he averages more points than some might be thinking. He can really attack the rim
He's too short to be one of the best forwards in the league but I but also believe that he will take another step forward. Sounds like he has been in the gym getting up shots and will a little more range this season. With Dickinson covering a lot of the work at the rim and also getting up threes, KJ kind of needs to fill the space between and develop a better mid range shot.
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:19 am
twocoach wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:12 am

He was getting pushed around through conference play last season and will continue to have the same done this year. Having Dickinson will help draw some attention away from him but he won't be one of the bets forwards in the Big 12 next season.

I hope I am wrong but I don't see it at this point. Maybe his jumper has improved so much this offseason that I have to eat crow. I would love to be completely wrong about it.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I blame WVU a lot for this. There were a lot of cries for help being locked in the attic. They preferred to isolate him away from microphones but do not seem to have addressed some real problems.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

I'd take Edwards for depth but I don't think he's interested in coming off the bench. Would still rather have Jordan Brown but I don't think we're on his radar.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Kj was too short to be one of the best centers in the league. He played center last season. He ain't playing center this year, he's going to abuse people athletically. He's going to be one of the best forwards in college next year as a junior
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Sparko wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:37 am I blame WVU a lot for this. There were a lot of cries for help being locked in the attic. They preferred to isolate him away from microphones but do not seem to have addressed some real problems.
I agree with this. I would contend that losing his coaching job/possibly career is not Bob Huggins' biggest problem. His success has surrounded him with enablers and yes men who have distracted from an increasingly pathological way of living. It is sad to me to wonder how the story might have ended differently if he took the problem seriously back when he got in trouble the first time in Cincinnati.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

KJ is plenty tall enough to be a top forward in the league.
He played out of position as the lone big and still did well.
Perry Ellis was an inch taller but 10 lbs or so lighter and did alright for us.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

PE should be in the rafters inside AFH.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

No.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:22 am
ousdahl wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:17 am Yea.

I was concerned with Braun, when, in the underclassman years, the dood self-billed as a bow-and-arrow shooter seemed hesitant to shoot, or to do much of anything at all. But, in a development no one expected, he turned himself into a pro-caliber…utility slasher?, and the crauw remains delicious.

Dajuan still kinda makes me nervous, cuz he stands to play a ton of minutes, even tho he may never be that late-game just go make buckets happen kinda guy that a contender kinda needs. I’d be pleased to be wrong, again, tho.

The different between all that, is I don’t wake up and spend my whole day looking for reasons to loose my mind about it, like pdub’s done with Hunter, and like tdub does with me.
I agree w/regard to Dajuan. It would be great if he found his way into the weight room this offseason and put some muscle on his frame. It sucked last season holding my breath every time he drew contact.
Yea.

And I don’t mean to devalue all the good things that Dajuan DOES do for us, either. As far as defense and taking care of the ball, he’s really good.

But, maybe even more than the point about contact, I dunno if he’s the kinda dood who can just consistently take his guy off the dribble to get his own shot, and/or get the ball to a teammate for an easy bucket.

But the other thing is, we might not need Dajuan to be that guy, cuz we’ve got a bunch of new guys who might fit that role, too.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:26 pm KJ is plenty tall enough to be a top forward in the league.
PE always had a bigger “big” alongside him, and never spent any time…at all? at the 5, where KJ spent most of his time last year.

To me, it’s a question of how much we can realistically expect from Braun.

If he’s ready for extended minutes if, say, Hunter picks up quick fouls and KJ is getting pushed around by some bigger front court, then maybe our roster is complete.

But if he ends up looking more like a 7ppg west coast midmajor role player now on a blue blood elite team is likely to look, yea, one more big body would be nice on this roster.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:49 pm
pdub wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:26 pm KJ is plenty tall enough to be a top forward in the league.
PE always had a bigger “big” alongside him, and never spent any time…at all? at the 5, where KJ spent most of his time last year.

To me, it’s a question of how much we can realistically expect from Braun.

If he’s ready for extended minutes if, say, Hunter picks up quick fouls and KJ is getting pushed around by some bigger front court, then maybe our roster is complete.

But if he ends up looking more like a 7ppg west coast midmajor role player now on a blue blood elite team is likely to look, yea, one more big body would be nice on this roster.
Judging from Braun’s highlight vids, he prefers camping out around the 3 point line to playing down low with his back to the basket. Love him or hate him, Dickinson at least appears willing and able to mix it up down on the low blocks.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

we’d all love to have another big…i don’t think anyone is denying that

but, nobody of note is coming to sit behind HD or KJ. that seems rather obvious at this point
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The argument I chimed in on was whether KJ could be a good forward in this league. I think he can and will be.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:41 pm The argument I chimed in on was whether KJ could be a good forward in this league. I think he can and will be.
As Bill is fond of saying, I don't think KJ could be a good forward in this league. I think he could be a GREAT one.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yea.
My expectations are hovering but not quite getting B12 1st team actually.

There’s gonna be a logjam of Jayhawks around there.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KJ is going to do just fine as a 4. He's gonna have a lottle.more space to operate woth Hunter taking attention and he is a great passer from the high post
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Just Ledoux it