Huggs in trouble again

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: Huggs in trouble again

Post by ousdahl »

KJ will be good, in ways we’ve already seen him be good.

But I dunno if I expect him to show up looking like a legit jump shooter, either.

I’d be thrilled if he did tho!
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

why does every player have to be the complete package?

maybe that’s not what you’re getting at, but it sure seems that’s the case given your comments about DH and KJ

guys that know their roles, and excel at them without trying to do too much, imo, are more valuable to the team
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

agreed.

I think KJs jumper will be improved...but I dont think he needs to be a deadeye to be an impactful power forward
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:01 am why does every player have to be the complete package?

maybe that’s not what you’re getting at, but it sure seems that’s the case given your comments about DH and KJ

guys that know their roles, and excel at them without trying to do too much, imo, are more valuable to the team
Agreed. KJ's role has changed now that Dickinson is here and that role will require him to have a better jumper than he has shown in the past. But the word is that he is putting a ton of work in on it so I am optimistic that he will perform his role this season. Maybe moving off the opponent's biggest player at both ends will free him up to be more of the player he can be. I hope he performs his role great this season.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yes, KJ will be good, regardless of jumper.

And no, not every player has to be a total package.

But all our returning starters aren’t exactly known for their jumpers. That means the bulk of our shooting may have to come from some fresh faces.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

And yea, KJ next to Hunter means a non/limited-shooting forward at the 4 when we often have a shooter there otherwise
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:48 pm Yea.
My expectations are hovering but not quite getting B12 1st team actually.

There’s gonna be a logjam of Jayhawks around there.
I don't see how he'd get the usage to get to 1st team. But, I think his skillset and versatility will (along with Harris) make Hunter sing.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yea, Hunter’s gonna be a huge piece this season.

And, he has to do it all while also making sure he’s not growing his business about it, either.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'm thinking a touch under a Markieff junior year kinda season.
So 2nd team B12.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:31 am I'm thinking a touch under a Markieff junior year kinda season.
So 2nd team B12.
It will be interesting to see how teams defend KU this season and how much Self has Dickinson down in the post. KJ shot 62% last season but if Hunter is down there clogging things up with multiple defenders then I think that percentage will drop. If more teams zone us to try to force Dickinson out of the low post then Admas probably runs the show from the FT line and maybe he keeps that higher % up and ticks his ppg up. Is Dickinson much of a passer out of the post? If so, KJ could thrive getting points on cuts to the basket. And if Timberlake really does turn out to be a sharpshooter that has to be shadowed then that opens up all sorts of chances. Lots of what if's this season.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"If so, KJ could thrive getting points on cuts to the basket."

This.
Dajuan will have lots of options with pick and rolls here as well.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

supposedly Hunter can pass very well. The knock has been that....he doesn't like to. I would bet Bill changes that and helps him see the whole....help me help you line of thinking when it comes to team sports (particularly teams with lots of options)
Just Ledoux it
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Kj has Draymond green type versatility. I mean that as high praise. Can guard anyone. Rebound at a high level. Very good all around offensive player with limited outside shooting

Draymond has a crazy long wingspan, kj doesn't. But kj is more explosive
Psychhawk

Post by Psychhawk »

247sports.com/Article/West-Virginia-bas ... 211744995/

West Virginia’s players have a 30-day window to transfer after Bob Huggins resigned as head coach, CBS Sports’ Jon Rothstein reported, citing an NCAA official. That could reopen some big-time transfer recruitments, as the Mountaineers projected as a borderline top 25 team, one with 247Sports’ second-ranked transfer class.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

There's nothing all that ground shaking about a daughter sticking up for her dad. But it does add some background, and floats the idea that Hugs contract at WVU gave him a bonus each year if he beat Kansas. (Which comes as no surprise.)

https://youtu.be/_GuRewR218s
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Feral wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:21 am There's nothing all that ground shaking about a daughter sticking up for her dad. But it does add some background, and floats the idea that Hugs contract at WVU gave him a bonus each year if he beat Kansas. (Which comes as no surprise.)

https://youtu.be/_GuRewR218s
A few thoughts.....
1. Nice of his daughter to stick up for him but she's not helping him.
2. Why didn't she mention the "incident" on the radio in regards to his being canned?
3. I don't believe she truly knows if her father is an alcoholic or not. I never considered myself an alcoholic but after a couple of stints in rehab I learned the differences between user, abuser, and addict. One doesn't need to be an addict to be "legally" and "clinically" considered an alcoholic.
4. NOT funny that I agree with her 100% on ripping the powers that be at WVU - in regards to exactly what I said, they were enablers.
5. LOFL! The recycling thing was exactly the same excuse I tried to use when I was pulled over on Forest Way Drive in Winnetka. Ok, maybe he didn't drink all those beers (or whatever else were in the containers) in his car but who drank those beers (and other things) and in what amount of time did they consume all of them?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
lwh69ku

Post by lwh69ku »

Feral wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:21 am floats the idea that Hugs contract at WVU gave him a bonus each year if he beat Kansas.
This has been well documented, open knowledge since he took the job there almost 15 years ago. Supposedly the bonus was dropped from a more recent contract, but everyone knew this was the case for at least the first several years.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Psychhawk

Post by Psychhawk »

West Virginia exodus has begun. Tre Mitchell to Kentucky, Kerr Krissa in the portal.