Welcome Zach Clemence!

Kansas Basketball.
NewtonHawk11

Welcome Zach Clemence!

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Looks like a big who can shoot a bit. Looking forward to seeing what he can do under Bill Self!

Welcome to Lawrence, Zach!
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
ousdahl

Re: Welcome Zach Clemence!

Post by ousdahl »

Wait

NOW there’s all sortsa shit in tweeter about redshirting next season
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah who knows.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

If he’s gotta shirt, what’s the point?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If it's a mandate that he takes a redshirt, then I'm not certain why this is happening.
He'd be exactly the depth we would want this upcoming season.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

did he get any ink while away?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

247 says: the expectation is that he will redshirt at KU next season. He will have two seasons of eligibility remaining after the redshirt season.
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

KCStar: KU coach Self said Clemence will redshirt this season while continuing to be on scholarship. He is actually eligible to play in games because he never enrolled at Santa Barbara and didn’t begin summer school classes or workouts there.

man, Zach sounds like he’s wanting to do what we all wish Udeh and Zuby would’ve (be patient)

https://news.yahoo.com/announcing-trans ... 45874.html

… “I feel good about our roster,” Self added. “Zach will not come in and impact the guys we recruited (related to how) we told them ... we were going to utilize them. Zach’s thinking was it would be in his best interest in a perfect world to redshirt and help us every day in practice, allow himself an opportunity to help him grow and get better, see how that takes him to a place where he can be a major contributor at this level at some point in time...
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

If he IS redshirting then I guess that means Self is ok with our front court being Hunter/KJ/Braun, in which case I guess a practice player/big stashed for future seasons is cool.

But still, a season already down scholarships is not the ideal for shirts
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I just would think, unless Self really sees some Lightfoot level ability in Braun, that you would want him to participate this season. Of course, Self could still be targeting a big that we don't know about.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

plus, he is eligible…just because he starts the season redshirting doesn’t mean he ends it that way

he’s a nice piece to have in the stable if needed
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Well. He was a horrible fit to play center as an underclassmen. But who knows, as a 4th/5th year player could be pretty nice.

With the redshirt, he won't play in games for another year and a half from today. That's a lot of time to add some weight and toughen him up
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:53 pm I just would think, unless Self really sees some Lightfoot level ability in Braun, that you would want him to participate this season. Of course, Self could still be targeting a big that we don't know about.
Maybe they see incoming frosh Marcus Adams as a small ball rebounding forward a la Jalen Wilson.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:22 pm
pdub wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:53 pm I just would think, unless Self really sees some Lightfoot level ability in Braun, that you would want him to participate this season. Of course, Self could still be targeting a big that we don't know about.
Maybe they see incoming frosh Marcus Adams as a small ball rebounding forward a la Jalen Wilson.
i think this is probably correct
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

"Turn it up!"
Yours truly,
Lynyrd

"He's just a regular guy"

https://twitter.com/mctait/status/16712 ... wsrc%5Etfw
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:58 pm plus, he is eligible…just because he starts the season redshirting doesn’t mean he ends it that way

Yea.
I guess break glass in emergency.
I suppose you just kinda play small ball if HD gets in foul trouble and shift KJ to the 5.

If both get in foul trouble, welp, Braun to the rescue?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

pdub wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:57 pm
KUTradition wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:58 pm plus, he is eligible…just because he starts the season redshirting doesn’t mean he ends it that way

Yea.
I guess break glass in emergency.
I suppose you just kinda play small ball if HD gets in foul trouble and shift KJ to the 5.

If both get in foul trouble, welp, Braun to the rescue?
^^^

How do you use "right track" in a sentence?

pdub certainly is on the right track. We are on the right track. You are on the right track there. She is on the right track.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

The right track??

Take it to the pols bored!

wait…nm
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Maybe Hunter will show him how to play with a chip on his shoulder.