Crimson/Blue Fest headcount 2023

Coffee talk.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Crimson/Blue Fest headcount 2023

Post by Shirley »

The spelling in the article was foreign to my spell checker, too.

It wouldn't have occurred to me to mention muffuletta, if the article hadn't:

"A milder variety of giardiniera is used for the olive salad in the muffuletta sandwich."[8]
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Giardiniera is typically left to sit for several days and is often hot, it's got a lot a lot more liquid/oil in it.

The olive salad for muffulettas has olive oil but it isn't nearly as soupy. Has less vegetables like celery and carrots as well. This is almost never hot.

As my hero Tommy Chong would say, "It's the same thing only different. "
Defense. Rebounds.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Adding, I'm hanging out on my back deck drinking beer, listening to Allen Toussaint with no power and wishing for either an Eye-talian beef sammich or a muffuletta.
Defense. Rebounds.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I have never had giardiasis but my dog Dok has had it twice and it sucks.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

japhy wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:28 pm I have never had giardiasis but my dog Dok has had it twice and it sucks.
But, the water was so clear.
Anand Giridharadas
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

After living here for 14 years, I have forgotten that there are people who don't know what giardiniera is. It's so ubiquitous here. It's a Subway topping.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

mjl2 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:18 pm After living here for 14 years, I have forgotten that there are people who don't know what giardiniera is. It's so ubiquitous here. It's a Subway topping.
With the unrelenting march towards the homogenization of all the various regional distinctions that have served to make our nation what it was, from the foods we eat to the dialects we speak, et al, largely due to the impact of mass media being programmed nationally and no longer regionally/locally, it warms my heart to learn this.
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

My apologies! I have no idea this thread would evolve to my taking a shit and Giardiniera.
Depending on where I get an Italian beef often I am asked if I want sweet, mild, or hot, peppers. It's interesting when Giardiniera is used as "hot peppers" or "mild peppers".
Sorry 99! I don't like peppers on my beef. I know, no cheese on a burger and no peppers on an Italian Beef is sacrilegious. Fuck me. Right? Meanwhile. I like RAW onions on my Italian Beef sandwiches.
On Saturday I asked the kid to have my beef dipped, which I feel is a necessity. The kid looked at me like I asked him to explain brain surgery. I should have known right then and there that either the kid should never be working in a restaurant that specializes in Italian Beef and/or the sandwich would probably suck.

Back to the Fest!
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

How was the sandwich?

dammit
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

It actually didn't suck but it would have been a hell of a lot better dipped and with RAW onions.
On a side note - Yesterday I got a meatball sandwich. They handed it to me in one of the hot dog tray things - see pic below.
BIG problem was they put a shit ton of sauce on it so it was all over the sandwich and filling up the tray - and they had NO NAPKINS nor did they have a fork and knife. So how the f was I supposed to eat it without getting sauce all over my hands/face/clothes/etc.?
Thankfully my buddy went to a different food stand and grabbed what I needed. Fuckers!
Oh, most importantly, the sandwich was actually pretty darn good.

Back to the FEST......

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

I made it home yesterday and into the office today. So happy I made it to the Empire. Kinda weird being back on the boards and now I actually know what some of you look like. To those who do not know, everyone is even better in person!
Regarding a Colorado vacation: I-70 traffic was terrible. Colorado National Monument was much better than expected. I could have stayed in Ouray a couple of weeks. I see the appeal of the SLV... let's keep it a secret.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Ouray is Ourawesome
Just Ledoux it
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

DrPepper wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:04 pm I made it home yesterday and into the office today. So happy I made it to the Empire. Kinda weird being back on the boards and now I actually know what some of you look like. To those who do not know, everyone is even better in person!
Regarding a Colorado vacation: I-70 traffic was terrible. Colorado National Monument was much better than expected. I could have stayed in Ouray a couple of weeks. I see the appeal of the SLV... let's keep it a secret.
Glad you made it back safe!
It was great to meet you in person.

And yes…I-70 eastbound is a PIA….especially the 25 miles before the Eisenhower tunnel.
Then, the ever-present jam up at I-70/I-225
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, great to meet/meet again in person you all!

And speaking of “you all,” go figure this thread is a syllable deduction away from becoming another rant about tourists.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Did the topic of 'Russia is bad but USA is also bad' come up during the fest?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

if ousie was there, you know it did
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

pdub wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:19 pm Did the topic of 'Russia is bad but USA is also bad' come up during the fest?
The only shit talking that goes on is related to Mizzoo and UNC; and there was that one Broncos fan that showed up and I had to give him hell for his Russell Wilson jersey.

I did get "that look" from Dok during the Mizzoo game replay; the one that says "do you have to be such an asshole?" His new lady friend, Dr Pepper, was sitting next him and he didn't want her to know that he comes from "those kind of people".

My response was, "be a good boy and fetch me another beer why doncha."

I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Oh shit, I hope we won that game, looks like we were loosing.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

DrPepper wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:04 pm Regarding a Colorado vacation: I-70 traffic was terrible. Colorado National Monument was much better than expected. I could have stayed in Ouray a couple of weeks. I see the appeal of the SLV... let's keep it a secret.
Glad everyone made it home safe.Tell Gigi that next time she comes out, I will get her into the haunted house. Hopefully she doesn't regret it.

One of the criteria we had when we went looking for "the place" to build your little art community is the you had to be able to get there in less than 4 hours from Denver without getting on I-70. Emphasis on, not getting on I-70. Your can get on 285 in Lakewood and it will take you "straight" there.

Next time I will have a full kitchen so the food can be a little fancier in presentation.

The SLV is no longer a secret. But we are working to keep our appeal narrow so that we keep the crowds down. Our motto is "no pomp all circumstance". Also the Town is hidden in plain sight. If you don't know there is anything worth getting off 285 to see, you will drive right by.

Some good news from Town. Special K bought the trampoline boxing gym. So there may be amateur "kangaroo style" boxing in the gym by the time the 2025 Fest rolls around.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

pdub wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:55 pm Oh shit, I hope we won that game, looks like we were loosing.
One of the points Dok harps on; yelling is not going to change the outcome of the game!

Doubly so when the game was played 11 years ago!

He makes a good point.