Exercise/fitness

Ugh.
randylahey

Re: Exercise/fitness

Post by randylahey »

Sparko wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:21 pm Fitness starts with vaccinations. Let us all get on board
Fitness makes vaccinations pointless. Dumb dumb dumb
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:15 pm
randylahey wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:18 pm The left is this point is blatantly trying to make us a weak unhealthy nation

Both physically and mentally
Man

I think I’ve said this before, but…

your understanding of “the left” is even worse than those goofs in the frightening perspective thread
And I'd suggest that your understanding of the practical Left is worse than his.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

without debating whether vaccines specifically should be pointed to in an exercise/fitness thread, I think it's fair to say there really are a LOT of factors at play here.

healthy food tends to be more expensive, and less available/accessible. And cooking a wholesome meal is difficult to do when we also gotta work all day. and on and on and on.

but if we're gonna pick a single culprit to scapegoat, I'll say sugar.

...oh! And I just actually read the OP article that Joe "my entire head is now one big steroid" Rogan got his panties in a twist about, conflating "healthy" with "fitness," and such.

A cursory read suggests some correlation between MMA training and far-right extremist ideologies, and offers some examples.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:07 pm
randylahey wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:18 pm The left is this point is blatantly trying to make us a weak unhealthy nation

Both physically and mentally
Man

your understanding of “the left” is even worse than those goofs in the frightening perspective thread
And I'd suggest that your understanding of the practical Left is worse than his.
at least you didn't respond this time with a medieval meme?
Last edited by ousdahl on Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:25 pm but if we're gonna pick a single culprit to scapegoat, I'll say sugar.
Can we also blame the gummint that told us for 40 years to eat a shitton of grain but to eat fat (and even protein) sparingly?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:26 pm

Man

at least you didn't respond this time with nothing more than a medieval meme?
LOL.

Q: "WhAt DoEs ThE lEfT wAnT?"

A: De-industrialization (in picture form!)

R: mEdIeVaL mEmEs!
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Man

So...what DOES the contemporary Left want? Who IS the contemporary Left? What are its principles?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

The left is compromised by foreign influence and actively working to weaken this country from within. Only logical way to fit the prices together anymore

No other reason to try to feminized and fatten the population

A weakened population is easier to control
Last edited by randylahey on Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Someone needs to defrag Randy.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Just think if our whole population was people like Feral, sparko, kutrad, and rainbows.

Big government could control every aspect of our lives. They'd be obedient and subservient. So long as the appointed leaders had a D next to their name
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

DeSantis has a D next to his name.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:32 pm

So...what DOES the contemporary Left want? Who IS the contemporary Left? What are its principles?
as generally as possible?

ummmmmm...

mostly just memes.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:28 pm
ousdahl wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:25 pm but if we're gonna pick a single culprit to scapegoat, I'll say sugar.
Can we also blame the gummint that told us for 40 years to eat a shitton of grain but to eat fat (and even protein) sparingly?
They stopped doing that and obesity rates continue to rise.

It's not the what, it's the how much. And being sedentary.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Ousie: I think that your problem is that because you believe the tenets of the Old Left (i.e. the pre-New Left) you think that others do as well. But that Left has been dead since before you were born.

Thank Tom Hayden and Herbert Marcuse.
Last edited by DCHawk1 on Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Mjl wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:40 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:28 pm
They stopped doing that and obesity rates continue to rise.

It's not the what, it's the how much. And being sedentary.
They stopped doing it -- but reluctantly and only partially. Habits are set.

I'm not saying it's the government's fault entirely, but it shoulders a significant chunk of the blame.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:41 pm Ousie: I think that your problem is that because you believe the tenets of the Old Left (i.e. the pre-New Left) you think that others do as well. But that Left has been dead since before you were born.

Thank Tom Hayden and Herbert Marcuse.
Ok, if we actually get to have a dialogue, cool!

But, I’m afraid I’m not sure exactly when or where or how you’re going when you use terms like old left and pre-new left and such.

So, before we go any further, just to give myself a little bearing:

Where does “seize the means of production” fit into your time frame?

And, before we go any further, fwiw one of the weirdest parts about me being RaDiCaLiZeD!! is that DCHawk1 suddenly made more sense…

…but maybe that just the shift key talking?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

randylahey wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:35 pm The left is compromised by foreign influence and actively working to weaken this country from within. Only logical way to fit the prices together anymore
Actually, this sounds more like exactly what the US gummint does to any other country who tries for anything toward “the left”
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:35 pm The left is compromised by foreign influence and actively working to weaken this country from within. Only logical way to fit the prices together anymore

No other reason to try to feminized and fatten the population

A weakened population is easier to control
Or people are just inherently cheap, lazy and gluttonous and what is cheap, fast and satisfying is mostly fattening, sugary crap.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:25 pm without debating whether vaccines specifically should be pointed to in an exercise/fitness thread, I think it's fair to say there really are a LOT of factors at play here.

healthy food tends to be more expensive, and less available/accessible. And cooking a wholesome meal is difficult to do when we also gotta work all day. and on and on and on.

but if we're gonna pick a single culprit to scapegoat, I'll say sugar.

yknow what I blame? people content with doing nothing. Maybe in a roundabout way I blame my favorite enemy....technology.

I also am always somehow surprised about how many of my friends (and people in general...when I've lived both city and rural) are content to sit and eat and drink and watch TV or.... do...nothing when we get together...

Its like hey...instead of that...lets cook...and drink if ya want....but also....work on this fence while you're here...or...lets take food and go for a hike and eat up there....or...lets have a couple beers while we're accomplishing something else....anything else.....even just walking around. Also.. (when I had time and money to golf) do we really need a damn golf cart to play 9 holes? like...we're not that old, our legs still work...maybe we can walk it?
Just Ledoux it
randylahey

Post by randylahey »