Exercise/fitness

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: Exercise/fitness

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:56 pm
ousdahl wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:39 am But then again, only a right wing extremist would recommend MMA-style training in anticipation of a race war
Again, you seem to have a struggle understanding that words in one order mean different things than words in other orders.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:58 am #caseyspizza
They have that in SLC??

I was pleasantly surprised to see them in the Chicago area. Casey's was one of the few things I missed about Iowa.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Speaking of Nazis working out to pwn the Jews and such, there are some great insults in this thread.

https://twitter.com/GanrielofValdor/sta ... 79521?s=20
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Mjl wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:37 pm
They have that in SLC??

I was pleasantly surprised to see them in the Chicago area. Casey's was one of the few things I missed about Iowa.
Casey's pizza is surprisingly good and inexpensive. It is one of the things I miss about living in Kansas.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Mjl wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:37 pm
They have that in SLC??

i wish

we “have” to stop and get it whenever we’re back in Kansas
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Does Randy think Babylon Bee is a news source?
Defense. Rebounds.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

That Stock photo tells you it is Pulitzer quality
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Can someone, anyone, do me a solid and name something, real, or imagined, that the right isn't currently triggered about?

tia
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Feral wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:23 pm Can someone, anyone, do me a solid and name something, real, or imagined, that the right isn't currently triggered about?

tia
Helping the middle class?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Will our country ever take health and fitness seriously again? Will there ever be a big push with the youth to actually take care of their bodies and fitness?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwX940AA ... FlYzFmZQ==
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

randylahey wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:16 am Will our country ever take health and fitness seriously again? Will there ever be a big push with the youth to actually take care of their bodies and fitness?

I believe about 40% of the country is too busy tanning their balls and ingesting Alex Jones approved boner pills to exercise
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I think it would be a good tweak to this country. "Mandate" some kids actually get a good physical education in school. It's important to take care of your body. That foundation should start young. Good nutrition too

A politician wanting to work that into their campaign seems like a no brainer.

But then again, the big pharma cartel would try to stop them at all costs
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

JFK says hello. His program wouldn't fly in MAGA world . . . government overreach.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

randylahey wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:24 am
That is all you need to hear from a candidate?

Well, no brains is definitely how the GOP needs its’ rubes to be for their brand of shit to work. Congrats?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

defixione wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:26 am JFK says hello. His program wouldn't fly in MAGA world . . . government overreach.
Also, there was...recently...a First Lady who sort of made youth nutrition her thing. Then an administration of the other political party did what it always does, and (to the benefit of its lobbyists and their clients) chopped off a useful program right at the knees (such that it no longer served its purpose).

Why do I suspect, though, that a Randy-imagined "youth physical health and nutrition" program would NOT look very, ah, normal on the ground.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Overlander wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:32 am

Well, no brains is definitely how the GOP needs its’ rubes to be for their brand of shit to work. Congrats?
You sir are absolutely nauseating. No, I'm saying absolutely every candidate should be wanting to improve the health of the people of our country. But none of them do. Unless it lines the pockets of big pharma, not cuts into their profits
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:40 am

You sir are absolutely nauseating. No, I'm saying absolutely every candidate should be wanting to improve the health of the people of our country. But none of them do. Unless it lines the pockets of big pharma, not cuts into their profits
You think "be big and strong and you won't die" is medical advice. Hard pass.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:43 am
randylahey wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:40 am

You think "be big and strong and you won't die" is medical advice. Hard pass.
No I don't. Being physically fit doesn't mean having huge muscles. Just means being in shape, not obese (which comes with a ridiculous amount of health problems) and having some stamina. It's good for the mind body and soul. Exercise literally makes people happier because of dopamine releases that comes with it. Helps with stress. Stress can impact the body in many ways.

There isn't a realistic argument about improving the overall fitness of this country. Healthier bodies will creates happy healthier minds and a happier society. Would save us a fortune in health care costs

(And not to mention something like covid would be lessened to a large degree)
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:16 am Will our country ever take health and fitness seriously again? Will there ever be a big push with the youth to actually take care of their bodies and fitness?

Answer to your first question.

https://www.ihrsa.org/about/media-cente ... challenges.

Answer to your second question - I don't know.
Who exactly would you like to push the youth to take care of their bodies and fitness? I would hope for all children, like most things, it would begin "in the home".
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.