The other purple Wildcats

Kansas Football.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

The other purple Wildcats

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Whole buncha crap going down at Northwestern. It's getting ugly kids.
Not just Football either. Their Baseball Coach is going to get shit canned too.

Only reason why I am posting this is because I believe how this is dealt with by the powers that be at Northwestern and possibly in courts of law will set a huge precedent going forward.
I'm saying that wondering to what extent/s the negative repercussions of players spilling the beans when they feel they have been wronged will bring.
Did these kids at Northwestern really endure what they claim they did or are they NOT so simply coming up with a plan and then vendetta to try and take down a program because they are butt hurt (no pun intended) they are no longer a part of the team?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: The other purple Wildcats

Post by pdub »

There’s hazing and then there’s what these guys are implying.

I think some hazing should be allowed to a degree.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

A good friend of mine is a college athletic director, and the stories he tells me about things coaches are disciplined for these days blow my mind. Coaches can't yell at kids anymore without parents filing complaints. They also can't use running as a form of discipline because kids will go to the hospital claiming that they have rhabdo from it and sue the school. They also get all kinds of complaints when kids don't get the playing time they think they deserve and then play the race card. Any complaint requires involvement of Title IX and often some kind of mental health consultant so that no one's rights or feelings are violated. It almost always involves multiple meetings and interviews and discussions about damage control. It is ridiculous.

I don't know how much of the stuff coming out of NU is true and how much is kids joining forces to try to gain control, but it seems really crazy that they would fire someone like Fitzgerald. I was hazed at all levels of sports I played. It was never sexual, but it was stressful. It also served as a rite of passage and built a sense of belonging. I think it has value until a line is crossed.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I think Northwestern has this preppy boys-school vibe to them. I bet there was a lot of that stuff going on. And head coaches know everything going on. So, I see why Northwestern made the move that they did.

Also, he's also 14-31 in his last 5 seasons. 3-9, 7-2, 3-9, 1-11.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:45 am I think Northwestern has this preppy boys-school vibe to them. I bet there was a lot of that stuff going on. And head coaches know everything going on. So, I see why Northwestern made the move that they did.

Also, he's also 14-31 in his last 5 seasons. 3-9, 7-2, 3-9, 1-11.
THIS. If he was winning and had these problems then it would be a 3 week suspension during a dead time.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

In truth, once you have endured this kind of hazing, there is a real bond. Usually a $100,000 Bail Bond.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:45 am head coaches know everything going on.
Yep. Even our coaches. In all our sports.

That said, anyone at Northwestern worth targeting? Have to think they are going to have a bit of an exodus (can players leave this late when something like this happens?)
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Back2Lawrence wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:31 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:45 am head coaches know everything going on.
Yep. Even our coaches. In all our sports.

That said, anyone at Northwestern worth targeting? Have to think they are going to have a bit of an exodus (can players leave this late when something like this happens?)
I respectfully disagree. Did Bill Self know EVERYTHING that has gone on during his tenure at KU in regards to his player's behavior/s and actions? For whatever they are worth, according to "media reports" it seems the answer is no.
Now that being said, getting back to Northwestern, my GUESS is Fitzgerald did know what was going on. Maybe not to what extent that is being ALLEGED but I figure he knew there was "hazing" going on.

What will happen at NU? Good question!
I have people close to me who work for the University and who are BIG "philanthropists" - in regards to Northwestern. I am yet to discuss this with them and my guess is I won't get much more than a "it's a big problem" and a sad head shake response to my questions.

I am very surprised ALL the Assistant Football Coaches have been retained. My guess is that may change candor some leave on their own free will.
I have no idea what will happen to/with the Baseball Coaches.

This is a somewhat interesting conundrum that has risen because of the "scandal".

https://www.chicagotribune.com/business ... story.html
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

I hear ya, Gutter, but I have a hard time believing Self wouldn’t know everything. I’m mostly glad all the rules changed and it had seemingly rendered anything KU did ‘wrong’ as mostly moot.

To my point, you demonstrate media reports as proof Self didn’t know everything, then guess Fitzgerald did based on, I am not sure what. I have no issue with this, but definitely the (potential) bias you might have, with me also guessing your appreciation and fandom is greater towards KU than NU.

It’s not unimportant, though, to point out that these allegations are way more troubling coming out of Northwestern.

And it is particularly strange all the other staff has been retained. Like head scratching strange.
surly

Post by surly »

northwestern will have to make a sizable payment to pat fitzgerald before this is over. they have handled the matter poorly, to put it mildly.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Please, Sweet Baby Jeebus, make this happen:

https://twitter.com/On3sports/status/16 ... 4150117376
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
surly

Post by surly »

paul chryst or david shaw would be more logical to me. ed o is a crook who failed at lsu. collin klein may get another call if they go for a younger assistant with chops.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Does anyone, anywhere like you?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:16 pm Please, Sweet Baby Jeebus, make this happen:

https://twitter.com/On3sports/status/16 ... 4150117376
Not sure if there could possibly be a bigger mismatch of coach personality to booster personality than Orgeron to Northwestern but it would sure be spectacular to watch it happen.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

surly wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:02 am paul chryst or david shaw would be more logical to me. ed o is a crook who failed at lsu. collin klein may get another call if they go for a younger assistant with chops.
Chryst and/or Shaw MIGHT make sense.
As far as Klein, do you feel NU is a better gig than KSU - TODAY and in the near future in 2023?
Eddy O - 2019 was hardly a failure and 2020 was a/an anomaly. I will give you that in 2021 he/LSU "failed". I highly doubt NU even interviews the guy.

Willie Fritz is a name a lot of people are throwing around. I happen to know there is a slight conflict of interest but wouldn't be shocked if the powers that be at NU somehow figured out a way to help Tulane replace him.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Les Miles is available.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

JKLivin wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:30 am A good friend of mine is a college athletic director, and the stories he tells me about things coaches are disciplined for these days blow my mind. Coaches can't yell at kids anymore without parents filing complaints. They also can't use running as a form of discipline because kids will go to the hospital claiming that they have rhabdo from it and sue the school. They also get all kinds of complaints when kids don't get the playing time they think they deserve and then play the race card. Any complaint requires involvement of Title IX and often some kind of mental health consultant so that no one's rights or feelings are violated. It almost always involves multiple meetings and interviews and discussions about damage control. It is ridiculous.

I don't know how much of the stuff coming out of NU is true and how much is kids joining forces to try to gain control, but it seems really crazy that they would fire someone like Fitzgerald. I was hazed at all levels of sports I played. It was never sexual, but it was stressful. It also served as a rite of passage and built a sense of belonging. I think it has value until a line is crossed.
lol this guy won't go camping because its uncomfortable. Do a lot of hazing in elementary level track? What a load of shit.
Just Ledoux it
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

TDub wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:38 pm
JKLivin wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:30 am A good friend of mine is a college athletic director, and the stories he tells me about things coaches are disciplined for these days blow my mind. Coaches can't yell at kids anymore without parents filing complaints. They also can't use running as a form of discipline because kids will go to the hospital claiming that they have rhabdo from it and sue the school. They also get all kinds of complaints when kids don't get the playing time they think they deserve and then play the race card. Any complaint requires involvement of Title IX and often some kind of mental health consultant so that no one's rights or feelings are violated. It almost always involves multiple meetings and interviews and discussions about damage control. It is ridiculous.

lol this guy won't go camping because its uncomfortable. Do a lot of hazing in elementary level track? What a load of shit.
I read about the hazing Christian Braun endured this last year at Denver. The veterans gave him a pink Hello Kitty backpack that he had to wear on road trips and he had to carry vets’ luggage for them. His good attitude about it was is a big part of his successes this season. He accepted his place as a newcomer and was, in turn, accepted by the team. That’s the kind of hazing that works.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

JKLivin wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:44 am

I read about the hazing Christian Braun endured this last year at Denver. The veterans gave him a pink Hello Kitty backpack that he had to wear on road trips and he had to carry vets’ luggage for them. His good attitude about it was is a big part of his successes this season. He accepted his place as a newcomer and was, in turn, accepted by the team. That’s the kind of hazing that works.
Right!
Now tell us about the kind of hazing when your teammates rub their sweaty nutsack/s on your face. :o
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:43 am
JKLivin wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:44 am

Right!
Now tell us about the kind of hazing when your teammates rub their sweaty nutsack/s on your face. :o
I'm not down with that at all. Should never happen under any circumstances.