The other purple Wildcats

Kansas Football.
ChicagoHawk

Re: The other purple Wildcats

Post by ChicagoHawk »

Sounds like Fitz let some bad shit go on under his watch and deserved to be canned. He wasn’t even a particularly great coach, so I’m not sure what the hell people are clinging to.

Unless you’re an idiot who bemoans athletes “playing the race card” and thinks everyone who doesn’t want to be dry humped and belittled is a pussy. Then I get why you’d pick this battle.
surly

Post by surly »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:33 pm
surly wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:02 am paul chryst or david shaw would be more logical to me. ed o is a crook who failed at lsu. collin klein may get another call if they go for a younger assistant with chops.
Chryst and/or Shaw MIGHT make sense.
As far as Klein, do you feel NU is a better gig than KSU - TODAY and in the near future in 2023?
Eddy O - 2019 was hardly a failure and 2020 was a/an anomaly. I will give you that in 2021 he/LSU "failed". I highly doubt NU even interviews the guy.

Willie Fritz is a name a lot of people are throwing around. I happen to know there is a slight conflict of interest but wouldn't be shocked if the powers that be at NU somehow figured out a way to help Tulane replace him.
collin klein will likely be k-state's next head coach. that's a long way down the road though as coach klieman is just 55. and i can't see klein staying on as his o'coordinator for ten, fifteen more years. so, he'll go somewhere as the head dude.

to me, northwestern is a low risk, low reward job. it would be a logical next step for him, albeit unlikely even though guys like ara parseghian, dennis green, and gary barnett developed their coaching chops there.

even david shaw ran out of juice at stanford. and to me, those jobs look a lot alike. a good stepping stone gig.
Last edited by surly on Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChicagoHawk

Post by ChicagoHawk »

Klein will most definitely be KSU’s next HC unless he’s so successful at lower levels that one of the big boys wants him.

NU doesn’t really seem like the ideal place to start. Very low floor, low ceiling. A mid major where he can compete for conference titles and sneak into a 12 team playoff—if he’s as good as people think—seems like a better starting point to me.
surly

Post by surly »

i agree that a mac job, like toledo, would be more logical for klein than northwestern. they'll get a guy with head coaching experience. paul chryst would be my choice.

as for "big boys," i don't know who that is anymore. klieman has said no to both nebraska and michigan state. klein said the same to notre dame's o'coordinator job. and lance has surely said as much to others as well.