The Deep State

Ugh.
defixione
Contributor

The Deep State

Post by defixione »

The Deep State, like 'woke', has never been sufficiently or adequately (for me) defined on these boreds. Maybe we can back into a definition by listing everything that is deep state? I'll start with the only deep state politician mentioned in another thread. Mitch McConnell. Randy, please indulge us with your knowledge of others that wear this designation.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: The Deep State

Post by KUTradition »

whatever/whomever it is, i bet soros and pedophiles are involved
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Deep dish pizza state
Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

It's "they". They are the Deep State.

(I thought Republicans hated pronouns?)
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Deep state are government employees with integrity who root out corruption.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Ok, I wanna play!

To begin:

Does the “deep state” include only kooky conspiracies that tend to vilify one party/side of the aisle only?

Or does the deep state count for stuff like, “no way that shit’s real…*checks CIA.gov*…oh shit, our gummint like totally did do that?!”
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Here's some deep state ya. It's openly known that our government interferes in other countries affairs, overthrows leaders, and places ones they want there. Yet many Americans fail to accept they are doing it domestically as well

https://twitter.com/WallStreetApes/stat ... 0eoBw&s=19
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Amplifying Chinese disinformation Randy? WTF is wrong with you? You a big fan of our enemies? Try some Chinese justice.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Randoid loves him some authoritarian dictatorships.
Defense. Rebounds.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

randylahey wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:58 pm Here's some deep state ya. It's openly known that our government interferes in other countries affairs, overthrows leaders, and places ones they want there. Yet many Americans fail to accept they are doing it domestically as well

Sparko wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:28 pm Amplifying Chinese disinformation Randy? WTF is wrong with you? You a big fan of our enemies? Try some Chinese justice.
^^^

Where's DC when we need him to repeat that new word, "oikophobia", he recently learned?

Oikophobia (Greek: oîkos, 'house, household' + phóbos, 'fear'; related to domatophobia and ecophobia) is an aversion to a home environment, or an abnormal fear (phobia) of one's home and also a tendency to criticize or reject one's own culture and praise other cultures.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

It was a shocking lack of awareness that illustrates how successfully China and Russia drive wedges that cause MAGA to actually be anti-American.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Feral wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:46 am
Oikophobia (Greek: oîkos, 'house, household' + phóbos, 'fear'; related to domatophobia and ecophobia) is an aversion to a home environment, or an abnormal fear (phobia) of one's home and also a tendency to criticize or reject one's own culture and praise other cultures.
And here I was thinking this was a fear of Greek yogurt.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Sparko wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:31 pm It was a shocking lack of awareness that illustrates how successfully China and Russia drive wedges that cause MAGA to actually be anti-American.
How have you twisted around the "make america great again" crowd the anti American crowd
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

randylahey wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:45 pm
Sparko wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:31 pm It was a shocking lack of awareness that illustrates how successfully China and Russia drive wedges that cause MAGA to actually be anti-American.
How have you twisted around the "make america great again" crowd the anti American crowd
You would do well to learn about the origins and history of the “America First” movement from the late 30s - early 40s. It was Germany then. It’s Putin now. China, if they’re involved are mostly invisible.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

zsn wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:11 pm
You would do well to learn about the origins and history of the “America First” movement from the late 30s - early 40s. It was Germany then. It’s Putin now. China, if they’re involved are mostly invisible.
"Make America Great Again" = back when women and darkies knew their place.
Anand Giridharadas
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Yeah that's complete bullshit tho. Youve fallen for propaganda once again
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

randylahey wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:33 pm Yeah that's complete bullshit tho. Youve fallen for propaganda once again
In that case, what does "Make America Great Again", mean?
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Because fucking over American workers and consumers with a trade war with China while telling 50% of the citizens that they aren't capable of deciding what they do with their bodies and while a chunk of your population thinks that the best way to support America is to try to overthrow the Presidential election results is about as anti-american as it gets.

You've been sold a grift that this MAGA movement is a measure of patriotism and your ability to choke down and regurgitate these obvious lies is a measure of how well the grift has worked.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:58 pm Here's some deep state ya. It's openly known that our government interferes in other countries affairs, overthrows leaders, and places ones they want there. Yet many Americans fail to accept they are doing it domestically as well

Do I believe that our government has interfered with foreign elections? Yes. Whether that was to make them MORE fair or less fair would require more information.

Do I believe that our government has planned to assassinate or has successfully assassinated leaders of other nations? I do, yes. Have any or all been patently bad things? I would need more information to make that decision.

And yes, members of our own government absolutely tried to interfere with our most recent Presidential election. Several of those people are now facing charges for it, including our last President.