The Deep State

Ugh.
randylahey

Re: The Deep State

Post by randylahey »

Here's a fact. If you have a virus, and don't have symptoms, or barely do. You don't need a fucking vaccine. That describes most "covid cases"
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

twocoach wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:44 am
randylahey wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:29 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:27 am As always, Randy (intentionally and/or ignorantly) plays the subjective endpoints game.

Randy constantly wants to muddle timelines, and (as and where convenient) use what we DIDN'T know in early 2020 to criticize what was done in early 2020, and handwave over very obvious tactical and strategic errors that WERE made in early 2020, because the worst case scenario failed to come to pass.
We knew from the very beginning that covid had a very low fatality rate
You're teaching a master class in alternative facts today.
It's a fact. If you didn't realize that by now then holy shit. There was never once a report that covid had a high mortality rate. Minimal percentages start to finish
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the key to never getting the china fungus is don't get tested for the china fungus. i have never tested for the china fungus. i have never had the china fungus.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:46 am
randylahey wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:29 am

We knew from the very beginning that covid had a very low fatality rate
It's a fact. If you didn't realize that by now then holy shit. There was never once a report that covid had a high mortality rate. Minimal percentages start to finish
More than a million Americans.

More than a million.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:56 am

More than a million.
Percentages bud. That's a very small percent of American.

Not to mention that number is inflated. Most of them had other conditions
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

randylahey wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:34 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:29 am
randylahey wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:23 am The vaccine had known side effects before it was released. It wasn't tested to see if it would stop the spread before it was released. It was a flawed vaccine.

So for every exception that the vaccine saved, it also created heart problems within young healthy people who didn't need it
On one hand, there's Randy and his youtube videos.

On the other hand, there's the scientific community and their peer research and adherence to the scientific method.

Quite a cage match.
There's nothing accurate about this statement. There were all kind of varying opinions within the scientific community

And sometimes, people would have the same opinions and still suggest different approaches to a problem
lol

this is the same bullshit muddying of the water that happens among climate change deniers

so, so special
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:00 pm

More than a million.

What percentage would have been high enough for you to take the extreme, burdensome step of wearing a mask indoors when around others?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

More than a million.

That's as dumb as saying that a gunshot suicide isn't a gunshot suicide because "the guy had cancer anyways".
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Keep in mind, Randy and Mich vote.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:03 pm

More than a million.

What percentage would have been high enough for you to take the extreme, burdensome step of wearing a mask indoors when around others?
It would take more than just primarily a group of old, fat, unhealthy people dying from a virus for me and a lot of other people to become genuinely concerned
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:06 pm

More than a million.

That's as dumb as saying that a gunshot suicide isn't a gunshot suicide because "the guy had cancer anyways".
This is also a very silly part of the timeline to draw conclusions. No one dead from Covid is coming back to life. Some number of people - very likely in the hundreds of thousands AT LEAST - will have long term problems from Covid that are not even apparent yet.

And it is simply TRUE that the situation could not possibly have been made any worse by better masking practices, and would almost certainly have been improved by better masking practices.

Masking practices that have ZERO meaningful detriment other than to rubes’ delicate sense of self, or something.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:13 pm
jfish26 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:03 pm

It would take more than just primarily a group of old, fat, unhealthy people dying from a virus for me and a lot of other people to become genuinely concerned
Answer the question!
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Overlander wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:11 pm Keep in mind, Randy and Mich vote.
Maybe Randy should take a page out of Vivek’s playbook, and not exercise that right.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:50 am the key to never getting the china fungus is don't get tested for the china fungus. i have never tested for the china fungus. i have never had the china fungus.
Is that the strategy you hope your financial advisors take with your 401k? If so, I’ve got some bad news about the fax machine manufacturing industry stock you may be long on.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:19 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:50 am the key to never getting the china fungus is don't get tested for the china fungus. i have never tested for the china fungus. i have never had the china fungus.
Is that the strategy you hope your financial advisors take with your 401k? If so, I’ve got some bad news about the fax machine manufacturing industry stock you may be long on.
Herman Cain was never tested and died with some pretty nifty depreciating assets.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

One of the sickest things about this thread is that it has caused me to wonder if randy's wife or kid/s died from Covid, if he would have the same attitude. I'm sincerely grateful they didn't - and we wont know. Unfortunately we do know that for over a million other Americans, they lost a mother, father, wife, husband, sister, brother, son, daughter, but randy being randy - it sure seems he chooses to minimize that because it wasn't HIM - and all the other people are irrelevant to HIM.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:27 pm One of the sickest things about this thread is that it has caused me to wonder if randy's wife or kid/s died from Covid, if he would have the same attitude. I'm sincerely grateful they didn't - and we wont know. Unfortunately we do know that for over a million other Americans, they lost a mother, father, wife, husband, sister, brother, son, daughter, but randy being randy - it sure seems he chooses to minimize that because it wasn't HIM - and all the other people are irrelevant to HIM.
And I think it’s really important to focus on masking. Not something you put in your body, not something that has any meaningful effect on anything.

Say all you want about fat people, old people, whatever. The fact is that these people’s absolute (in the literal sense) egoism cost lives and livelihoods.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:27 pm One of the sickest things about this thread is that it has caused me to wonder if randy's wife or kid/s died from Covid, if he would have the same attitude. I'm sincerely grateful they didn't - and we wont know. Unfortunately we do know that for over a million other Americans, they lost a mother, father, wife, husband, sister, brother, son, daughter, but randy being randy - it sure seems he chooses to minimize that because it wasn't HIM - and all the other people are irrelevant to HIM.
Everyone loses people. We are not immortal. But you can't go around blaming others just because bad things happen
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I know a lot of people who had never been tested for cancer - until they tested for cancer - and they found out they had cancer. Would they have not had cancer if they weren't tested for it?

Maybe after work I'll walk over to the Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center and yell in the area where people are going through chemo and their loved ones are waiting in the waiting room that MICHHAWK feels they are all foolish. Had they not been tested for cancer, they wouldn't have cancer.
Last edited by RainbowsandUnicorns on Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:34 pm
Everyone loses people. We are not immortal. But you can't go around blaming others just because bad things happen
God forbid it happens, I won't blame the drunk driver that kills your kid. Cool?
You won't blame the driver either. Right?