The Deep State

Ugh.
MICHHAWK

Re: The Deep State

Post by MICHHAWK »

randylahey wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:14 am Would love to hear the explanation for this thought?
"over stimulated internet drama queen" would be the explanation.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

yup, that’s randy to a tee
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

And Mich tosses a bomb of vacuousness into the fray.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

defixione wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:11 am And Mich tosses a bomb of vacuousness into the fray.
I have to admit, I had to Google this one.
Tip 'o the hat sir......
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Mich as sock, stinks today.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Wouldn't this be nice

Devastating to who?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxyNiOfu ... FlYzFmZQ==
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Mike Johnson finally gives the people a voice again. He's the last guy the deep state wanted for speaker of the house

https://twitter.com/KanekoaTheGreat/sta ... SZAyQ&s=19
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

At least Republicans finally have a party platform. Force women to give birth to save Social Security. Christian nationalism personified.
https://x.com/ronfilipkowski/status/171 ... q_-8Yt1KMA
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

it’s supposed to be the Speaker of the HOUSE…not just of the house pubs
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:18 pm Mike Johnson finally gives the people a voice again. He's the last guy the deep state wanted for speaker of the house

AKA he doesn't fit your model of "the Deep State is in charge of everything". If the Deep State was in charge of everything as you claim and they didn't want him to be speaker then he wouldn't be speaker.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:30 am it’s supposed to be the Speaker of the HOUSE…not just of the house pubs
Then explain pelosi?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Randy's back
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:18 pm Mike Johnson finally gives the people a voice again. He's the last guy the deep state wanted for speaker of the house

Mike Johnson hasn't done anything here but pat antisemite Elon Musk on the back for censoring different people than used to be censored by Twitter.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:45 pm

Mike Johnson hasn't done anything here but pat antisemite Elon Musk on the back for censoring different people than used to be censored by Twitter.
Because Mike and Elon have, fundamentally, the same concept of “free speech”. And, spoiler alert, it has hilariously little to do with the First Amendment.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:26 am sad, funny or scary?

https://www.thenation.com/article/socie ... ues/tnamp/
Yes?

I’ll just repurpose my last post:

Mike and Hamas have, fundamentally, the same concept of “freedom of religion”. And, spoiler alert, it has hilariously little to do with the First Amendment.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:36 am

Yes?

Mike and Hamas have, fundamentally, the same concept of “freedom of religion”. And, spoiler alert, it has hilariously little to do with the First Amendment.
i don’t disagree
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:53 am

Yes?

i don’t disagree
I went back and reread the article you posted.

I was struck by the lack of historical support for the notion that the Constitution could be read to prohibit abortion…and also even the notion that the Bible prohibits abortion.

The Bible gets fairly granular on things that are prohibited, and abortion isn’t one of them. In fact, I would disagree with the adverb in the article’s sentence: “(Interestingly, abortion is not mentioned in the Bible either.)”

Maybe it’s really not very interesting at all.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:59 am

Yes?

i don’t disagree

I was struck by the lack of historical support for the notion that the Constitution could be read to prohibit abortion…and also even the notion that the Bible prohibits abortion.

The Bible gets fairly granular on things that are prohibited, and abortion isn’t one of them. In fact, I would disagree with the adverb in the article’s sentence: “(Interestingly, abortion is not mentioned in the Bible either.)”

i wonder how many know that abortion was perfectly legal and generally accepted for roughly the first half of this country's history
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:01 pm
jfish26 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:59 am
i don’t disagree

i wonder how many know that abortion was perfectly legal and generally accepted for roughly the first half of this country's history
It’s on the Culture Wars Mt. Rushmore for sure. Along with…what?

Vaccines, guns and climate change?