The Deep State

Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: The Deep State

Post by KUTradition »

what a shallow, ignorant existence…living life meme to meme
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I'll be first in line.
Defense. Rebounds.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:09 am I'll be first in line.
KUTradition wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:07 am what a shallow, ignorant existence…living life meme to meme
^^^

The CDC plans to "urge" that people get a vaccination against an infectious disease that has killed and contributed to the deaths of nearly 7 million people in ~ 3.5 years? OMG! What are they thinking! After all, the total number of hospitalizations due to Covid have only increased every week for the last 4 weeks, 14% over the last week, and 39% in the last month.

I used to "urge" families to keep their firearms out of the reach of children, and unloaded*. Using Randy's reasoning, (I know, right?), I guess what I really meant was, get ready because the Muslim knee-grow from Kenya is coming to take them all away. smfh

*My pistol is loaded, but I have no small children around.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:09 am I'll be first in line.
None of my business and sorry if you already know this, but I'd suggest you wait until ~ late Sept. when the new boosters that are focused on the EG.5 variant that is currently predominant are predicted to be available.

Also none of my business... Although there's no contraindication to having both the flu (influenza) and Covid-19 vaccines simultaneously, theoretically, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get the flu shot in mid-Sept., ~ 2 weeks before you get the updated Covid booster.

Please note that this is not medical advice. It may seem like it and sound like it, but surprisingly, it is not. Readers are expected to do their own due diligence and consult with a medical professional who knows their current and past medical history.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

And you believe its solely for your own well being and has nothing to do with control?

And the fact that big pharma stock and profits are wayyyy down now and the politicians are in big pharmas pockets?

Lollll

Those numbers you post are empty. 8 billion people on earth, continually growing population. About 300000 are born every day, almost twice the daily death rate

The reproducing population was never at risk. Just the sickly. Sheep
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Randy, what sort of “control” do you perceive?

Cuz honestly, I can get on bored with the idea that there’s some component of just trying to keep pharma stock high.

I don’t think it’s necessarily kooky to be skeptical of a for-profit healthcare system. When something as critical to survival as healthcare, with its “consumers” in an inherently vulnerable position, is commodified like it’s just any other old market choice - that seems totally fucked. And, yes, I wouldn’t put it past evil rich people to be so…well, evil.

With that said, I still think vaccines are a good faith attempt to just keep people healthy.

With THAT said, I’d at least consider some counter-narrative of ulterior motives at play. But the thing is, I just don’t think any of the counter-narratives about covid really hold water…

…that is, unless you might be able to kindly articulate why this is all really about “control.”
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:10 am And you believe its solely for your own well being and has nothing to do with control?

And the fact that big pharma stock and profits are wayyyy down now and the politicians are in big pharmas pockets?

Lollll

Those numbers you post are empty. 8 billion people on earth, continually growing population. About 300000 are born every day, almost twice the daily death rate

YOU are trying to control people on this site. In that regard that makes you no better than the government you are criticizing. Right?

YOU say "just the sickly" were at risk. YOU are a fucking idiot and an asshole if you truly believe that.
I may start calling you Alex (as in Jones).
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Randy and his ilk are excellent examples of just how soft and spoiled we’ve become.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:10 am And you believe its solely for your own well being and has nothing to do with control?

Lollll

Control over what? What specifically does offering me a vaccination in case I want to take it some measure of "control" over me? Whether I get or not get a vaccine has nothing to do with anyone "controlling" me any more than any health option that is made available to me that I choose to utilize or not.

Pfizer's stock has dropped back to where it was in mid 2021 after a spike during the peak of COVID. I'd be hard pressed to call that "way down".
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:16 am Randy and his ilk are excellent examples of just how soft and spoiled we’ve become.
It's just an example of how easy it has become to digitally brainwash people.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:32 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:16 am Randy and his ilk are excellent examples of just how soft and spoiled we’ve become.
While calling everyone else sheep.
Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:23 am Randy, what sort of “control” do you perceive?

Cuz honestly, I can get on bored with the idea that there’s some component of just trying to keep pharma stock high.

I don’t think it’s necessarily kooky to be skeptical of a for-profit healthcare system. When something as critical to survival as healthcare, with its “consumers” in an inherently vulnerable position, is commodified like it’s just any other old market choice - that seems totally fucked. And, yes, I wouldn’t put it past evil rich people to be so…well, evil.

With that said, I still think vaccines are a good faith attempt to just keep people healthy.

With THAT said, I’d at least consider some counter-narrative of ulterior motives at play. But the thing is, I just don’t think any of the counter-narratives about covid really hold water…

…that is, unless you might be able to kindly articulate why this is all really about “control.”
If I want to go all "Big Pharma just cares about money" then vaccines are just a way to keep Pharma's clients alive so that they can make it to old age and spend more money on their exorbitant drugs. Keep people alive long enough and the odds that they develop an illness or disease that requires expensive pharmaceutical care increases greatly.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:33 am
While calling everyone else sheep.
Convince the sheep that they are wolves and they'll ignore the wolves walking amongst them.

Convince the sheep that there is a mythical predator out there and they will believe that the wolves walking amongst them are there to protect them and will ignore all evidence that they are there to prey on the weaker members of their flock.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

twocoach wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:45 am
ousdahl wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:23 am Randy, what sort of “control” do you perceive?

If I want to go all "Big Pharma just cares about money" then vaccines are just a way to keep Pharma's clients alive so that they can make it to old age and spend more money on their exorbitant drugs. Keep people alive long enough and the odds that they develop an illness or disease that requires expensive pharmaceutical care increases greatly.
but there’s also the flip side as well (that goes intentionally ignored by the randys of the world), that vaccines 1) either prevent or reduce the risk of severe disease, and 2) often prevent the transmission or reduce the risk of transmission for communicable diseases.

severe disease, and more people contracting a given disease, would generally make pharma more money than a single or hand-full of vaccinations

i work in pharma, and while i don’t deny that our company does well, the cost of care that includes our product/s is dominated by hospital add-ons and not that actual cost of our product/s
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Backwards. Randy as his ilk just want to be left alone. Most people that want to wear masks or get vaccinated will do that. Or will stay home

Only liberals demand that others get vaccinated and wear masks and stay home
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

How we - the most powerful, wealthy, privileged society to exist on earth or, to our present knowledge, anywhere ever - reacted to Covid has made me DEEPLY skeptical we'll last another 500 years even, without regressing to something like modern tribalism (and a massive, massive plummeting quality of life).

Rejection of expertise.

Mythmaking and denialism.

Allergy to collective action.

There's no fucking WAY we can handle climate change, where something as entirely unobjectionable as wearing a cloth mask when around other people indoors causes millions to throw temper tantrums that would put my four year old to shame.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

It made me skeptical too. Forcing a trial medicine on a global scale to react to a virus that posed no threat to most is madness

That's a script out of a nazi holocaust type movie
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:05 am
Backwards. Randy as his ilk just want to be left alone. Most people that want to wear masks or get vaccinated will do that. Or will stay home

Only liberals demand that others get vaccinated and wear masks and stay home
Soft.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:13 am It made me skeptical too. Forcing a trial medicine on a global scale to react to a virus that posed no threat to most is madness

That's a script out of a nazi holocaust type movie
Vaccines aren't medicines.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

And it a virus the affects different people differently. A treatment that affects people differently.

Why the fuck would you find it logical to make one collective action to apply to everyone??? Lollll