Puerto Rico

Kansas Basketball.
mjl2
Contributor

Re: Puerto Rico

Post by mjl2 »

thekid6 wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:03 pmScore?
We won by 5
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

I'm tell you guys right now, HD has some Joker in his game. If you have watched much Nuggets' games, you know what I mean. he will look to pass before a taking a shot. Look for him to has triple doubles in many games.
thekid6
Contributor

Post by thekid6 »

mjl2 wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:04 pm
thekid6 wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:03 pmScore?
We won by 5
Thanks!
Don't give up, don't ever give up. -Jimmy V
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Hunter going 26/6/4 good?
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:22 pm Hunter going 26/6/4 good?
gotta rebound better, he stands on the floor and thinks his 12 foot reach will capture the ball ... j/k

He and KJ both need to go after the rebounds like they are important
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

Hunter is amazing on offense.
Need to figure out what we're going to do with him on defense
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Bill said in post game Hunter and KJ should have at least 18 rebounds a game between them. I know it's early but free throws drive me crazy. I've watched too many KU teams over the years lose games they should have won because they missed so many free throws. Missed 13 or 14 in this one.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

mjl2 wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:40 pm Hunter is amazing on offense.
Need to figure out what we're going to do with him on defense
I’m betting that was part of his reasoning for choosing KU. Self will make him a better defender or he won’t play.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

KJ and Hunter worked well together.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

ramjet wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:06 pm I'm tell you guys right now, HD has some Joker in his game. If you have watched much Nuggets' games, you know what I mean. he will look to pass before a taking a shot. Look for him to has triple doubles in many games.
I hope your right but......
If I am not mistaken, according to sports-reference, the dude had 5 or more assists in a grand total of TWO of his 94 games. He's had more turnovers than assists in his career.

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:02 am
ramjet wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:06 pm I'm tell you guys right now, HD has some Joker in his game. If you have watched much Nuggets' games, you know what I mean. he will look to pass before a taking a shot. Look for him to has triple doubles in many games.
If I am not mistaken, according to sports-reference, the dude had 5 or more assists in a grand total of TWO of his 94 games. He's had more turnovers than assists in his career.

Maybe he's had a coach previously that lets him get away with being careless with the ball. He doesn't now.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

AlOerter wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:07 am

Maybe he's had a coach previously that lets him get away with being careless with the ball. He doesn't now.
Yup. His previous coach was mainly interested in showcasing his son for the NBA scouts. Self is altogether on a different level than Howard.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Michigan averaged 12 assists a game last year on 73 ppg. KU averaged 16 assists a game on 75 ppg. A 33% increase in assists in just a 3% increase in scoring. Self's system clearly involves much more passing and sharing of the ball while Michigan's system doesn't seem to have focused much on it at all.

I think KJ and Dickinson are going to settle into a nice groove as the season goes on and the two will really establish a nice connection. Dickinson is huge and can play above the defense and KJ can fly to play above the defense. I suspect we'll see a lot of passing between those two down low.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Saw some pretty good offense from the Jayhawks for not having anything installed or having worked on it at this early date. Also loved they way the pushed the ball. They seem to have an up tempo mindset - they just need to tighten up the execution. Also think this team will eventually be pretty good defensively - right now that looks pretty sloppy at times.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Elmarko Jackson has really impressed me with his speed. Some key steals too.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Sparko wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:35 pm Elmarko Jackson has really impressed me with his speed. Some key steals too.
He's a hell of a prospect. He's a little behind the older guards due to being young and raw, but he's gonna impact this team. I love his upside
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:56 pm
Sparko wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:35 pm Elmarko Jackson has really impressed me with his speed. Some key steals too.
He's a hell of a prospect. He's a little behind the older guards due to being young and raw, but he's gonna impact this team. I love his upside
He is gettingng the start Monday. Self said he has rotated through that 5th spot by age with Timberlake, then Morris and now Elmarko.

Arterrio Morris won't play Monday as he has a bruised knee. Could play if he had to but no reason to push it.
Jayhawkerr

Post by Jayhawkerr »

Juan is getting off to a fast start today.
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

Broadcast just die,or is it just me?