Southern border

Ugh.
dolomite
Contributor

Re: Southern border

Post by dolomite »

twocoach wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:50 am
dolomite wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:48 am With the labor market so tight (I.e. more jobs than workers) why not put the immigrants to work in those jobs or is it too complicated.
What "those jobs" are you referring to?
[/
Here you go Coach, easy read
https://www.uschamber.com/workforce/und ... -the-most-
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

dolomite wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:01 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:50 am
dolomite wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:48 am With the labor market so tight (I.e. more jobs than workers) why not put the immigrants to work in those jobs or is it too complicated.
What "those jobs" are you referring to?
Here you go Coach, easy read
https://www.uschamber.com/workforce/und ... -the-most-
A quick, one, too.

"404 We can't find that page. Please try back, or start from our homepage to find the content you’d like to see."
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:20 am
japhy wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:57 am I walked by Lori Lightfoot's house three times this weekend. There are traffic cones blocking off the parking in front of the place. There was a hispanic police office sitting in a car in front of her house every time. She is not the mayor now.

Coincidence?

I think NOT!

The Cuban flood at Cafecito on Chestnut was great.

The graffiti and murals in Logan Square are not a good as the murals and graffiti in Pilsen.
Probably not a coincidence.

My 2nd apartment was in 215 E. Chestnut. The building where Cafecito is located.

I agree about Pilsen vs. Logan Square. Many years ago I lived on West Armitage. I would venture out in to the neighborhoods nearby. Some impressive murals. Your comment gives me the incentive to look for pics of them.

Sorry I missed you in Chicago! Asshole me would/should have invited you (and your daughter and whoever else you were with) up on my rooftop for the A&W show.
I like that neighborhood on Chestnut. We went to the Logan Square Farmer's Market yesterday. I was impressed with the quantity and quality of the food and produce for sale there. Much larger than I expected. The farmers were all from WI and IN for the most part. They must sell a lot to haul all of that into the city and still make a profit. The neighborhood obviously supports them because the place was packed.

We walk through Unity Park to get to the Blue Line station. My daughter says the locals set up a ring and stage a neighborhood lucha libre event there in September, we just missed it this year. When "THEY" replace the tiki torch crowd, the US will be a much more vibrant and entertaining place.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

Are you suggesting granting then work visas?
Practically it makes sense right now, solves two problems at once. Problem is it incentives more to cut in line, and just isn't fair to those who do go through the proper steps.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Two Coach
https://www.uschamber.com/workforce/und ... industries

Give the jobs to whoever wants them. Forget about this cutting in line crap.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The demographic crash is real. Need workers. . .
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

We probably do need to mention that the US Chamber is not exactly nonpartisan.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Surely there's a logical explanation?

https://twitter.com/WallStreetApes/stat ... wlRqg&s=19
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:46 am Surely there's a logical explanation?

https://twitter.com/WallStreetApes/stat ... wlRqg&s=19
I give you credit. You put a question mark at the end of your sentence - basically admitting your ignorance.
Many of us realize you don't typically take the time to research the shit you post.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Figured you guys would have a logical explanation? Why is Arizona determined to have an open border

Coincidentally after a democrat took over as governor in another controversial election
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

they’re flood gates to accommodate monsoon rains

them being open isn’t anything new

do you like being led to believe falsehoods? does it feel good being gullible? or, are so dense that you’re just completely oblivious?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KUTradition wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:00 am they’re flood gates to accommodate monsoon rains

them being open isn’t anything new

do you like being led to believe falsehoods? does it feel good being gullible? or, are so dense that you’re just completely oblivious?
You're telling me water can't get through that without the gates being open????
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Most Americans hate Trump and right wing lies spread to hurt immigrants. Moving on. There is really no point in engaging Randy. It is never about the humanity, always about grievance.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I see illegals flooding through. Not flood waters

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwQxcz7A ... FlYzFmZQ==
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

And that's from the damn new York post. Typically a left winged outlet
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Sparko wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:17 pm Most Americans hate Trump and right wing lies spread to hurt immigrants. Moving on. There is really no point in engaging Randy. It is never about the humanity, always about grievance.
Illegal immigration is a horribly inhumane thing to encourage
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Sparko wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:17 pm Most Americans hate Trump and right wing lies spread to hurt immigrants. Moving on. There is really no point in engaging Randy. It is never about the humanity, always about grievance.
Considering that he got more votes in 2020 than any other Presidential candidate in history, I’d say you were a bit biased in your assertions.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

randylahey wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:11 pm And that's from the damn new York post. Typically a left winged outlet
Sparko wrote:...Moving on. There is really no point in engaging Randy. It is never about the humanity, always about grievance.
Trad wrote:...are (you) so dense that you’re just completely oblivious?
Sparko and Trad have points.

Sadly, Randy is so stupid, he's calling The NY Post, which has been owned by Rupert Murdoch's New Corp since 1993, "a left winged outlet".

You can't make Randy's kind of oblivious, clueless, ignorance up, although Psych tries.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:11 pm And that's from the damn new York post. Typically a left winged outlet
VGR!

You really are fucking ignorant.

* EDIT - Sorry Shirley! I responded before I read your post.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Shirley wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:11 pm
Sparko wrote:...Moving on. There is really no point in engaging Randy. It is never about the humanity, always about grievance.
Trad wrote:...are (you) so dense that you’re just completely oblivious?
Sparko and Trad have points.

Sadly, Randy is so stupid, he's calling The NY Post, which has been owned by Rupert Murdoch's New Corp since 1993, "a left winged outlet".

You can't make Randy's kind of oblivious, clueless, ignorance up, although Psych tries.
Disagreeing with you is not ignorance, unless you are such a narcissist that you can’t fathom anyone having a different perspective. Surely you’re not that much of a narcissist. Anyway, that spot has already been claimed by Overlander.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris