Southern border

Ugh.
randylahey

Re: Southern border

Post by randylahey »

Most people have been anti illegal immigration for a long time. The dems insist on it for political reasons, but some of them are learning first hand the consequences now

Yes everyone should he working together to solve illegal immigration. Glad you are finally on board
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

A few years ago if I tried to talk illegal immigration with a liberal, all they would do is cry "racist"
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:04 am A few years ago if I tried to talk illegal immigration with a liberal, all they would do is cry "racist"
And you should ask yourself hard questions rather than impugn those who are more perceptive.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:03 am Most people have been anti illegal immigration for a long time. The dems insist on it for political reasons, but some of them are learning first hand the consequences now

Yes everyone should he working together to solve illegal immigration. Glad you are finally on board
I’ll take you seriously when the number of employers punished is about 1% of the number of employees who are punished, related to unauthorized employment. Talk to me when the HR department of Tyson is perp walked.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

The potato harvest just started this week in the Empire. Joaquin makes good money this time of year because he can speak Kʼicheʼ. If you can't speak a little Mayan, you can't communicate with the 2,000 workers from Guatemala it takes to get the potatoes out of the ground and into the barns. Joaquin has taught himself enough Kʼicheʼ to be an indispensable crew boss. He will restart his construction projects once the potatoes are done. Being a Contractor doesn't pay as well.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

japhy wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:10 pm The potato harvest just started this week in the Empire. Joaquin makes good money this time of year because he can speak Kʼicheʼ. If you can't speak a little Mayan, you can't communicate with the 2,000 workers from Guatemala it takes to get the potatoes out of the ground and into the barns. Joaquin has taught himself enough Kʼicheʼ to be an indispensable crew boss. He will restart his construction projects once the potatoes are done. Being a Contractor doesn't pay as well.
Wait. Are trying to tell us that these Guatemalans are STEALING jobs from honest Americans???
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Overlander wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:20 pm
japhy wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:10 pm The potato harvest just started this week in the Empire. Joaquin makes good money this time of year because he can speak Kʼicheʼ. If you can't speak a little Mayan, you can't communicate with the 2,000 workers from Guatemala it takes to get the potatoes out of the ground and into the barns. Joaquin has taught himself enough Kʼicheʼ to be an indispensable crew boss. He will restart his construction projects once the potatoes are done. Being a Contractor doesn't pay as well.
Wait. Are trying to tell us that these Guatemalans are STEALING jobs from honest Americans???
^^^

Real Americans love stoop labor!

Does it surprise anyone that Biden's open-border policy makes it almost impossible for any except elite liberals who comprenda Kʼicheʼ to get jobs harvesting potatoes?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

There is $350M worth of fresh Yukon Gold to process in three weeks. Bring a sleeping bag and a change of clothes. The ranchers will find you a piece of cardboard to sleep on and a tent cover of some sort to sleep under. 10-12 hour days, 7 days a week, until the last potato is in the barn. They are making $2000/week. That's better than adjunct professor money! There will be about $10M wired from Martha's store to families in Guatemala in the next month. With the tariffs on fresh potatoes shipped into Mexico having been recently struck down by the Mexican Supreme Court, the valley ranchers may export $100M in potatoes across the border.

Globalism, it's what's for dinner.

And no Randall, I do not want to supersize my fries, but thanks for asking.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

japhy wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:34 pm
There is $350M worth of fresh Yukon Gold to process in three weeks. Bring a sleeping bag and a change of clothes. The ranchers will find you a piece of cardboard to sleep on and a tent cover of some sort to sleep under. 10-12 hour days, 7 days a week, until the last potato is in the barn. They are making $2000/week. That's better than adjunct professor money! There will be about $10M wired from Martha's store to families in Guatemala in the next month. With the tariffs on fresh potatoes shipped into Mexico having been recently struck down by the Mexican Supreme Court, the valley ranchers may export $100M in potatoes across the border.

Globalism, it's what's for dinner.

And no Randall, I do not want to supersize my fries, but thanks for asking.
Some of your best work to date
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:48 am
randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:11 am Shipping illegals to democrat cities was the best controversial move made in awhile. Now even the democrats are talking about how unsustainable illegal immigration is

https://twitter.com/simonateba/status/1 ... 77YRg&s=19
Surprise surprise! I'm actually going to give you a pat on the back for your comment - despite my feeling you are kind of an asshole if you are taking even an ounce of joy in it. Like others I know who are taking gallons of joy in it.
To me, it was not "the best controversial move" FOR ANYONE but it surely was a successful fuck you to the "Dem run" "sanctuary" cities.
How's this? Repubs, Dems, citizens, migrants, EVERYONE is suffering from this issue. Gee, let's continue to make it a political one so EVERYONE continues to suffer instead of ALL working together to try and figure out the best solutions. Pubs being assholes and Dems being ignorant isn't working.

P.S. I feel "the wall" is NOT "the solution" - but can and will admit it MAY be SOMEWHAT helpful. It might not be either.

P.S.S. Remind me again where you live. I'm thinking of hiring 10 busses and bussing them to your house.
Might be "the best controversial move" I have made in a while ;)
https://www.borderreport.com/immigratio ... port-says/

"Sections of former President Trump’s border wall between the U.S. and Mexico continue to cost the government millions in maintenance to fix sections breached by smugglers.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection records obtained by the Washington Post show that suspected smuggling gangs managed to hack through the heavy steel bollards making up the fence 3,272 times between 2019 and 2021.

The cost to repair the 30-foot-tall beams added up to $2.6 million over that period, the CBP records show."

So no, spending more on a big ugly wall that manages to only block the movement of wildlife does not seem to be the answer at all. They are cutting holes big enough to drive vehicles through.

https://www.borderreport.com/regions/na ... tal-crash/
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Keep in mind, the border wall mostly exists only in areas that make good photo ops.

Ted Cruz has a map you can borrow
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Tell Randy my neighbors need him to roof their house after he gets down with harvesting potatoes.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Sparko wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:11 pm Tell Randy my neighbors need him to roof their house after he gets down with harvesting potatoes.
I had first dibs.
My house needs cleaned
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Sparko wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:11 pm Tell Randy my neighbors need him to roof their house after he gets down with harvesting potatoes.
I think randy will change his tune when he pays $5 for a pound of potatoes or $8 for a head of lettuce, picked entirely by “legal” workers.

Hey randy: here’s a proposal. Why don’t you, as a self proclaimed libertarian, start a business producing goods and services that only use “legal” workers/immigrants? If there are enough people who put their money where their mouth is, you know the likes of psych, then you should have a competitive advantage. Otherwise you and your MAGA cult just prove that you’re just a bunch of malcontent hypocrites.

Take the challenge. Put up or shut up.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

So why does the msm not cover the border crisis? It's not worth a story? That millions of illegals from countries all over the world are flooding into our country?
Last edited by randylahey on Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

And Biden wants to use tax dollars to give them IDs
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Maybe some, you know, properly-vetted facts would help us understand what exactly it is you’re on about this evening?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Whatever the right wing Pearl clutching is for the upcoming week
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:39 pm Maybe some, you know, properly-vetted facts would help us understand what exactly it is you’re on about this evening?
It's pretty straight forward I'm not sure what you are confused about. Also It's pretty simple to look things up if you are uninformed