G’Day Mate Johnny Furphy

Kansas Basketball.
mjl2
Contributor

Re: G’Day Mate Johnny Furphy

Post by mjl2 »

AlOerter wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:48 pm It might be tempting to pull the redshirt from Clemence. He looks improved. Furphy definitely can score. Defense, as is usual with Bill Self, will probably determine playing time for all the potential depth players.
I think that KJ is going to be the backup center. As in, he'll start at the 4, play there around 20 mpg, but will be at the 5 when Dickinson is out. Braun will play when there's foul trouble. I think Self will see how that works and decide on Clemence after that.

It was interesting to hear him qualify Clemence redshirting. "Probably".
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

One lineup I found interesting in that game was our speed lineup. Small lineup tho. The 3 point guards and mccullar and kj. Crazy fast and athletic
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

How tall is Johnny Furphy? I've seen him listed at 6-7, 6-8, and 6-9. He also could still be growing.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Probably still growing. Great to get
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’ve never seen a mullet throw down like that lol
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Looks like he needs to work on his landing a little. Seems like he fell down after most of those dunks.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Kinda bold to tell an Aussie to work on his land down under.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

pdub wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:12 pm Kinda bold to tell an Aussie to work on his land down under.
*** (audible groan)
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

Pdub is officially a Dad
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

You better run,
you better take cover.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:41 am How fun. This dude could literally be anything. He could be something that takes a while to happen (Svi). He could be something that never happens (Enaruna). He sure seems to be built like and play a bit like Christian Braun.

Of course Braun’s BBIQ was elite-elite, and was apparent right away. So that’s a harsh comp to throw on a kid.
https://twitter.com/fansofku/status/168 ... q_-8Yt1KMA
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:34 am
jfish26 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:41 am How fun. This dude could literally be anything. He could be something that takes a while to happen (Svi). He could be something that never happens (Enaruna). He sure seems to be built like and play a bit like Christian Braun.

Of course Braun’s BBIQ was elite-elite, and was apparent right away. So that’s a harsh comp to throw on a kid.
That would be great. Would love to see CB’s cutthroat mindset and Svi’s sharpshooting combined.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Nice call fish! Not only do I think you and Self sort of look alike, you think alike too.

Meanwhile, you and Self are both racist. :shock: : :? :( :lol:
No black players the white boy can be compared to?

How soon before Self tells us the Furph Dawg is young and how many times will Self do it during the 23-24 season? ;)

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 am

Nice call fish! Not only do I think you and Self sort of look alike, you think alike too.

How soon before Self tells us the Furph Dawg is young and how many times will Self do it during the 23-24 season? ;)

I didn't want to make a non-white-kid comparison for its own sake...I genuinely couldn't think of better comps than Svi and CB.

Josh Jackson and Julian Wright are who come to mind when I think of high-energy, creative wings. But I think this dude shoots better than both of them (and is probably not in the same league athletically, to say nothing of Wiggs). I think this guy's bouncier than Releford, and handles it better (but doesn't jump or shoot) as nicely as Ben or Brandon or Xavier.
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:58 am

I didn't want to make a non-white-kid comparison for its own sake...I genuinely couldn't think of better comps than Svi and CB.

Josh Jackson and Julian Wright are who come to mind when I think of high-energy, creative wings. But I think this dude shoots better than both of them (and is probably not in the same league athletically, to say nothing of Wiggs). I think this guy's bouncier than Releford, and handles it better (but doesn't jump or shoot) as nicely as Ben or Brandon or Xavier.
So, Oubre?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

seems a bit more aggressive than Oubs, but i can’t recall what Oubs’ recruiting tapes looked like
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

He looks like a pretty version of former Baylor player Matthew Mayer.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:40 am seems a bit more aggressive than Oubs, but i can’t recall what Oubs’ recruiting tapes looked like
Yeah I don't think Oubre really handled it all that much.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

mjl2 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:26 am
jfish26 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:58 am

So, Oubre?
Meaning that he's going to dress like a woman?
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris