G’Day Mate Johnny Furphy

Kansas Basketball.
randylahey

Re: G’Day Mate Johnny Furphy

Post by randylahey »

I don't think anyone that gets drafted 13th is ever making a bad choice. We can dream about sophomore grady but we will develop just as much in the nba as he would here as a college student, probably more. From a basketball standpoint he made the right choice

Being a kansas kid, dreaming of playing at KU, maybe he regrets being worshiped as a jayhawk one more year, but who knows
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Could you imagine how much opposing fan bases would have hated us if dick was here?? They hated dick (undeserved) and they hate dickinson (maybe a little deserved)

The dick Brothers domaniting together together at KU would've rivaled the hate levels some fans had for some of those old Duke teams
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:09 pmDumb.
Man I dunno. Even if you assume we wouldn't have lost Udeh...

Harris
Furphy
McCullar
Adams
Udeh/Braun

Jackson
Timberlake
Braun/Udeh

You see a 4-seed or better there? I do not.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Udeh/Zuby/Zach Clemence.
Adams takes on a bigger role.
Udeh is far better than he is showing at TCU ( Kansas is just far better with bigs like Udeh ).

It's Bill Self - he's never not a 4 seed or better.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:30 pm Udeh/Zuby/Zach Clemence.
Adams takes on a bigger role.
Udeh is far better than he is showing at TCU ( Kansas is just far better with bigs like Udeh ).

It's Bill Self - he's never not a 4 seed or better.
I think this rotation would test him even more than when we had Conner Teahen playing >20mpg, because in this example I'm not sure we'd have one guy better than Robinson/Withey/Taylor were that year. We only had seven guys, but they were ALL old.

I'm aware that Kevin is playing better than Withey or Taylor did that year - but I do not have a lot of confidence that Kevin would be playing this well.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:45 pm I'm aware that Kevin is playing better than Withey or Taylor did that year - but I do not have a lot of confidence that Kevin would be playing this well.
I think that's where we will agree to disagree bc a. I think Kevin's collection of moves he's become confident in just make him very tough to guard regardless and b. I think my sophomore version of Udeh at KU is better than yours.

We'd be better on defense ( think Kenpom top 10 instead of top 25 ) b/c we'd have two shot blockers/rim protectors with much less worry about foul trouble.

If Iowa State can be top 25 with their squad, we certainly could with our hypothetical above.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Fran Fraschilla
@franfraschilla

Johnny Furphy may have changed trajectory of @KUHoops season last night. Two All Americans & two solid contributors on a national championship team weren’t enough. His energy in transition & on the offensive glass are game changers—maybe.
@Big12Conference
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

way to go out on a limb, fran
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Trivia time!

Johnny Furphy is now the sixth true freshman to record a 20-point double-double under Self.

Who can name the other 5?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Andrew Wiggins
Josh Jackson
Kelly Oubre
Brandon Rush

Not sure on the 5th.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Here are 3 to start. Give me a minute or 3 and I'll get the other 2.

Wiggins
Och
Josh Jack
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Deleted gave you the other two.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:41 pm Here are 3 to start. Give me a minute or 3 and I'll get the other 2.

Wiggins
Och
Josh Jack
Och did it? Wow.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Actually it was a trick question....

Devon Dotson did it too. In the same game Ochai did it.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Brush is a good one. I was at that game!

but actually, the source said true freshmen in the last 15 years, go figure. I'm getting old.

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/ ... sive-list/
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Hard to believe it's been that long.

The days go slow, but the years go fast.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DeletedUser wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:41 am
jfish26 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:40 am
DeletedUser wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:28 am

And look how much better he got during that time.

....and he still is having trouble getting run in the league.

It's so much harder than these young players think. They think if they are ranked top 40 in HS that means "guaranteed NBA" and that's just not realistic.
Yep. It’s ok to develop.
Especially now that you can get a free degree and make a million plus dollars during your time in college.
A friend points out that it's presently unclear whether non-US athletes can (based on their visa status) get NIL payments. Would be a real kick in the dick if that fig-leaf-fiction, along with a pretty weak crop of college basketball freshmen generally, contributes to Furphy making a premature jump.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:56 am
DeletedUser wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:41 am
jfish26 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:40 am

Yep. It’s ok to develop.
Especially now that you can get a free degree and make a million plus dollars during your time in college.
A friend points out that it's presently unclear whether non-US athletes can (based on their visa status) get NIL payments. Would be a real kick in the dick if that fig-leaf-fiction, along with a pretty weak crop of college basketball freshmen generally, contributes to Furphy making a premature jump.
i’ll adopt him
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I'd be shocked if Furphy isn't getting $250k+ in NIL. If nobody was following the old rules then I doubt anyone is following the new ones they don't enforce.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

furphy got more work to do before we are going to open up the big checkbook. he has strung together a few nice games. so he can have all the chickennuggets and p*$$y he can handle.

but he has more work to do before we can open up the big checkbook.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"