Totally Random BB Thread

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: Totally Random BB Thread

Post by ousdahl »

MOP is an outlier of sorts. You need to just get hot for no more than 6 games tops, and/or make some ridiculous hero play.

I’d give it to our other newcomer dynamic guard, but for the fact come tourney time there’s a nonzero chance he’s in jail.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:56 pm MOP is an outlier of sorts. You need to just get hot for no more than 6 games tops, and/or make some ridiculous hero play.

I’d give it to our other newcomer dynamic guard, but for the fact come tourney time there’s a nonzero chance he’s in jail.
Lol. Strange x factor for sure
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Charles talks about watching the Super Bowl, losing big when the Chiefs beat the Eagles, going to Vegas with his friends, the Eagles being his favorite band, his 10 month old grandson, turning sixty years old, getting terrible gifts from Shaq, being in Salt Lake City for All-Star Weekend on TNT, the first time he ever met his idol Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Guillermo playing in the NBA All-Star Celebrity Game, and Kevin Durant going to the Suns.

https://youtu.be/Qvs5AvhyZrI
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

This is great.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

AS THE 2023-24 season approaches, the schedule for the 2024 men's NCAA tournament -- also known as "March Madness" -- has been released. First Four games begin Tuesday, March 19 in Dayton, Ohio, and the Final Four is scheduled to take place April 6 and 8 at State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona.

First- and second-round cities for 2024 March Madness are: Brooklyn, New York; Charlotte, North Carolina; Indianapolis, Indiana; Omaha, Nebraska; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Salt Lake City, Utah; Spokane, Washington; and Memphis, Tennessee. The regional semifinals and finals will take place in Boston, Massachusetts (East); Dallas, Texas (South); Detroit, Michigan (Midwest); and Los Angeles, California (West)...
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:13 pm AS THE 2023-24 season approaches, the schedule for the 2024 men's NCAA tournament -- also known as "March Madness" -- has been released. First Four games begin Tuesday, March 19 in Dayton, Ohio, and the Final Four is scheduled to take place April 6 and 8 at State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona.

First- and second-round cities for 2024 March Madness are: Brooklyn, New York; Charlotte, North Carolina; Indianapolis, Indiana; Omaha, Nebraska; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Salt Lake City, Utah; Spokane, Washington; and Memphis, Tennessee. The regional semifinals and finals will take place in Boston, Massachusetts (East); Dallas, Texas (South); Detroit, Michigan (Midwest); and Los Angeles, California (West)...
If KU is in the Omaha pod then I'll buy a beer for whoever shows up here for the game.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Funny! No, I was not at that game but I was at plenty where I got myself a Big Mac or a Hot Dog.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/redeye/c ... story.html

P.S. I take both pride and shame in this. I would pull a major scam to make myself some money.
I had floor seats on the baseline next to the visitors bench. BEFORE they would have the Dunkin Donuts race they would have a kid come to the baseline and they would hand the kid the card with the winning number. I would see the card. AFTER the race the camera man would put the kid holding the winning number on the video board.
Most of the people around me were clueless and wouldn't be paying attention so BEFORE the race I would bet them on the winning number. They would take the bet because the odds would be in their favor.
Got to the point where some of the regulars thought I had some special gift.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaKFIbm8Nnc

Look at the 1:07 mark here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7YvNRHrc_M
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Gutter gonna Gutter!
Anand Giridharadas
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

InfiniteJ wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:23 pm
This is great.
feels like we're getting Rick-rolled here. who's clicking on that link without any more explanation?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

hoopla wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:57 am
InfiniteJ wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:23 pm
This is great.
feels like we're getting Rick-rolled here. who's clicking on that link without any more explanation?
People trust me, implicitly.
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:48 am https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... atform=amp

:lol:

fucking joke
Myron is and always has been a joke.

Also...the same 11-12 Kentucky team that got taking to the wire by Trob, Tyshawn and 5 dudes from Robinson?

19-20 jayhawks at 23rd is a travesty also.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don't have a problem with that Kentucky team being up so high.
Obviously our 08 team was better than Baylor's 21 team.
And yea, 19-20 should be higher than basically any team that didn't win a National Title.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:48 am https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... atform=amp

:lol:

fucking joke
Meh, you can put most of those teams in a hat and pick them. Hard to put them in order.

Just offseason content generation to justify a paycheck. Gotta write something.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That Baylor team played in a weird year, a season balancing COVID, and got to play in arenas without fans.

Their strength of schedule wasn't top 50.

To put KU 08 behind them, a team with a much better defense, and at least on par on offense, who lost their 3 games on the road, 2 of those looses against top 25 teams, by an average margin of under 5 points, had a top 15 strength of schedule and came out of the only Final Four with four number one seeds?

Nah fam.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

all i had to look at to know that ranking was trash was where the ‘08 team landed
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Champions Classic

8:30pm (or later) start.

Boo! As in bad. Not Halloween.

Pre-sale is tomorrow.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Wish we could stream Late Night.

Matt Tait
@mctait
23m
#KUbball Late Night is under way. Pretty packed house. Similar set-up to last year. They're starting with the women and KU coach Brandon Schneider gets a huge cheer by saying, "There really is no debate, Kansas has the best basketball fans in the world."
Anand Giridharadas