Foreign aid to ukraine

Ugh.
JKLivin
Contributor

Re: Foreign aid to ukraine

Post by JKLivin »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:27 am
JKLivin wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:12 am I’d rather see us spending my tax money on the poor brown people in Hawaii that the live hate so much than on the white folks in Ukraine. But that’s just how I roll.
It's not a one-or-the-other thing, which you know, but carry on.
It’s a zero sum game, ergo, the more spent on the foreigners, the less available for the citizens. Which you know, too, but carry on.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

JKLivin wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:30 am
JKLivin wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:12 am I’d rather see us spending my tax money on the poor brown people in Hawaii that the live hate so much than on the white folks in Ukraine. But that’s just how I roll.
It’s a zero sum game, ergo, the more spent on the foreigners, the less available for the citizens. Which you know, too, but carry on.
(For better or worse, it's not really a zero sum game. And even to the extent, for the sake of argument, it is...then there are many many many many many things that are more worthy of ending up on the cutting room floor than Ukraine aid. But I'm hesitant to even engage with you on this, where last I checked you were still insistent on knowingly parroting misinformation on the extent of the aid that is being and will be provided to affected Maui residents and businesses.)
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:34 am

(For better or worse, it's not really a zero sum game. And even to the extent, for the sake of argument, it is...then there are many many many many many things that are more worthy of ending up on the cutting room floor than Ukraine aid. But I'm hesitant to even engage with you on this, where last I checked you were still insistent on knowingly parroting misinformation on the extent of the aid that is being and will be provided to affected Maui residents and businesses.)
It’s fine. I’m going to go with what people who actually live on Maui are saying rather than government toadies who are propping up the pro-Brandon narrative. I respect your right to choose the latter.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

JKLivin wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:37 am

It’s fine. I’m going to go with what people who actually live on Maui are saying rather than government toadies who are propping up the pro-Brandon narrative. I respect your right to choose the latter.
I do choose not to get sucked into hyperfocused storytelling that is not (and cannot be) representative of the bigger picture.

It is simply knowingly false to use $700 cash payments as representative of the extent of the aid that has been provided to affected residents and businesses. Nor is it accurate to paint a picture of the big, bad federal government opportunistically and at scale gobbling up property by eminent domain - BUT I fully expect you to seize on isolated incidents of takings that will occur as evidence of such a broadbased conspiracy.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:51 am

I do choose not to get sucked into hyperfocused storytelling that is not (and cannot be) representative of the bigger picture.

It is simply knowingly false to use $700 cash payments as representative of the extent of the aid that has been provided to affected residents and businesses. Nor is it accurate to paint a picture of the big, bad federal government opportunistically and at scale gobbling up property by eminent domain - BUT I fully expect you to seize on isolated incidents of takings that will occur as evidence of such a broadbased conspiracy.
You’re being duped, but it’s your right to choose that.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The incredible scope of devastation in Ukraine is something people also fail to consider. The best way to end the war is to completely defeat what is left of Russian military capability. Russia has dialed up the disinformation game with witting media allies and it is working on the tiny hive-minds of bandwagon voters on the right and tankies on the left. Russia keeps essentially kidnapping new swaths of soldiers and sending them to the front to die in human waves. Incredible to see this form of combat again. Reminiscent of the Iran/Iraq war in 1981.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

JKLivin wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:55 am

When you are ever not duped politically, it will be a first. Jeebus you surpass even Russian troll farms on your posts.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Sparko wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:59 am
JKLivin wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:55 am

When you are ever not duped politically, it will be a first. Jeebus you surpass even Russian troll farms on your posts.
Bol’shoye spasibo
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:49 am If you're serious, you should really seek some help. This isn't even funny anymore. Please talk to a professional. I'm not joking and I'm not trying to make a point. You should talk to someone.
https://twitter.com/RobertKennedyJr/sta ... kVb9Q&s=19
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

randylahey wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:23 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:49 am If you're serious, you should really seek some help. This isn't even funny anymore. Please talk to a professional. I'm not joking and I'm not trying to make a point. You should talk to someone.
Today In: You really can't make this shit up.

Randy quoting RFK Jr as an authority to make a point about mental health tells you everything you need to know about just how stupid he is.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Shirley wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:37 pm
randylahey wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:23 pm

Randy quoting RFK Jr as an authority to make a point about mental health tells you everything you need to know about just how stupid he is.
Which part do you disagree with?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

randylahey wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:43 pm
Shirley wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:37 pm

Which part do you disagree with?
I agree that you are, indeed, stupid
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

There were 4 parts to that rfkj post. I asked which part you didn't agree with? Instead you offer nothing. Which proves his points about the political divide in this country. You disagree simply because he's not one of the politicians you've sworn obedience to. Instead of considering other viewpoints or treating other people like people, you suckle on the teets of your deep state main stream programming, and make enemies of anyone that doesn't

That is exactly rfkjs point and why this country is heading down a dark path. A few posters on here embody that
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

your ilk embodies what is wrong with this country
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

KUTradition wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:50 am your ilk embodies what is wrong with this country
Yes
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Has the biden administration ever tried to prioritize America? Another 100 billion in tax money now for both ukraine and Israel

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cykv154AI8c ... BiNWFlZA==
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

“alongside border security funding”
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Why just today, the administration is putting forth a $3.5 Billion plan to strengthen and modernize the American electrical grid. Reminds me of the way he strengthened the general infrastructure with needed investments and brought microchip manufacturing back from offshore. He has shored up allies, oil production, and has the economy in a better place than it has been in our adult lives. What has Biden for us?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

The finest hour by any President in a long long time

-Jeremy Bash, former Chief of Staff at the CIA and DoD, speaking of Biden’s Israel visit
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Sparko wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:16 am Why just today, the administration is putting forth a $3.5 Billion plan to strengthen and modernize the American electrical grid. Reminds me of the way he strengthened the general infrastructure with needed investments and brought microchip manufacturing back from offshore. He has shored up allies, oil production, and has the economy in a better place than it has been in our adult lives. What has Biden for us?
"Economy in a better place than it has been in our adult lives"

Absolutely delusional lol