KU players who transferred

Kansas Basketball.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: KU players who transferred

Post by jfish26 »

Overlander wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:27 pm Damn, I do miss that Chalmers-Robinson defense though.
Just perfectly paired. A guy you could leave on an island, and a ballhawk.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Those 2 played through the heyday of REALLY good guards, and made chaos every game.

There were games that I actually felt bad for the opposition.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Overlander wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:27 pm Damn, I do miss that Chalmers-Robinson defense though.
Rush and Wright were no slouches either.

Those were my favorite days of the Self ers so far. With the last few coming close.

Side note: i really wish Wright would have stayed 1 more year.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

DeletedUser wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:00 pm

Those were my favorite days of the Self ers so far. With the last few coming close.

Side note: i really wish Wright would have settled down just a bit.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Also, I thing Arthur was WAY underrated as a Jayhawk.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Why? We won the national championship once he left. And Darrell Arthur was a MUCH better player and fit for that squad

Shady probably the best forward self ever had. Underrated imo cause his numbers weren't as exaggerated on a loaded team
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Overlander wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:02 pm Also, I thing Arthur was WAY underrated as a Jayhawk.
We hadn't had many guys go pro after 2 years at the time he did. I think that impacts the perception of what his legacy should be. Now-a-days we are happy to get 78 games and 48 starts out of someone.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

randylahey wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:05 pm

Why? We won the national championship once he left. And Darrell Arthur was a MUCH better player and fit for that squad

Shady probably the best forward self ever had. Underrated imo cause his numbers weren't as exaggerated on a loaded team
Wasn't a knock on DA or meant to mean Wright instead of DA.

JW was just such a fun player to watch in college. He played with joy that was palpable, even on TV.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

If you love and miss Julian's game, boy do I have some good news for you.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

randylahey wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:05 pm Shady probably the best forward self ever had. Underrated imo cause his numbers weren't as exaggerated on a loaded team
wtf is this?
Simien. TRob. Jalen Wilson. Marcus Morris.
I'll give you the numbers drop bc of the loaded team to put him around Perry Ellis 2016 zone.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:19 pm If you love and miss Julian's game, boy do I have some good news for you.
I do not miss the version of Julian that jumped 8 feet in the air, and THEN tried to figure out what to do with the ball.
EJ had that same flaw from time to time....and Tyshawn to some degree.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

pdub wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:29 pm
randylahey wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:05 pm Shady probably the best forward self ever had. Underrated imo cause his numbers weren't as exaggerated on a loaded team
wtf is this?
Are you new here?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Overlander wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:33 pm
jfish26 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:19 pm If you love and miss Julian's game, boy do I have some good news for you.
I do not miss the version of Julian that jumped 8 feet in the air, and THEN tried to figure out what to do with the ball.
EJ had that same flaw from time to time....and Tyshawn to some degree.
KJ is what Julian could have been.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:29 pm
wtf is this?
Simien. TRob. Jalen Wilson. Marcus Morris.
I'll give you the numbers drop bc of the loaded team to put him around Perry Ellis 2016 zone.
None of those guys were more talented than shady

Switch Arthur with Jalen Wilson or Trob and he puts up big numbers but more efficiently

Simien wilson or morris compare better skill wise but shady was the more athletic version

Also shady came in as a freshman and took it to back to back champs florida frontcourt of horford and Noah. Those other guys took years to develop and none of them were still better than Arthur in my opinion

If Arthur played on any other team where he was the focal point we wouldn't even be having a discussion about it. But he joined the most balanced Ku squad ever and joined a team of talented older players
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

There's a difference between being the most talented forward self has had and being a high usage upperclassmen. Simien, trob, morris, wilson... loved all those guys. But none were better than shady. Arthur was a freak athlete that had a polished offensive package even in college. He was touch to stop on the block or with his jumper, and used his incredible leaping ability to block shots and dunk on people. Also had quicker feet than any of those guys
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

This song-and-dance is much more enjoyable with hasbeen on the other end.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:06 pm This song-and-dance is much more enjoyable with hasbeen on the other end.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Quicker feet i'll give you.

Simien had a more polished offensive package and was way tougher to stop on the block.
Marcus had a more polished offensive package and was tougher to stop on the block.
TRob was more athletic.
Jalen had high usage but it's tough to look at his numbers and not put him up here.

I agree if you give Arthur more usage he'd be up higher in this convo -- but it also HELPS that he played on such a talented squad as there was fucking fire on the perimeter and a mass of bulk ( DJax, Sasha and Cole ) to throw in the lane. You couldn't just go - well, someone guard Tyshawn and the rest of us will triple team TRob.

Also, trivia question - what was Arthur's 3 point percentage in the 2008 year?
Over or under 15%?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Also consider this my bi-monthly reminder of how much people have forgotten how good Wayne Simien was in college. Get the ball to him within 13 feet of the basket and he was going to score.

( insert obligatory bucknell comment below - that was a 17 foot turnaround jumper )
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

WS is in the conversation for best big since DMan.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"