Bye Rapinoe

Other Sports.
Back2Lawrence

Bye Rapinoe

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Like really, I hope you ride into the sunset never to be seen. But you won't. You'll be a pundit soon. And we'll have to listen to you if we watch American Soccer broadcasts.

Maybe you'll grow on me. I hope it's not in an infectious, harmful way. But I have my doubts. Glad 25.622 people showed up in Chicago to see your last game today.

I wonder how many will flood into Soldier Field to see Messi (assuming he's not hurt) later this MLS season. 2 Wednesdays from now? Of course, this won't be opposite a Bears game (in KC). That seems like a good bit of planning and potentially hubris, but I don't know. Maybe the games are always on a Sunday, and remain in the local team's NFL time slot for that week. Bold move.

Female players deserve to be paid what they deserve to be paid. That has been determined to be the same as the men, so whatever, I'm not arguing that. Seems to have come about through unnatural, misinterpretted ways, to this fan. Good for them though. Your careers are only so long, so get yours.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Bye Rapinoe

Post by pdub »

The narrative that the USWNT was being paid less by the US soccer federation than the men was false all along and that’s my biggest problem with the Rapinoe led campaign.

They lied to the public and leveraged the fact that it’s a very tricky subject for men to talk about.

The USMNT took a pay cut for the thing to end and Rapinoe whiffed a penalty which led to their team being eliminated, the superstar womens team doing no better than the men.