Russell brand

Ugh.
randylahey

Russell brand

Post by randylahey »

Anyone hear about him lately? He's probably most famous from roles like "get him to the greek" and "forgetting Sarah marshall"
Anyways he's gathered a rather large following in recent years for his criticism of various governments and big pharma
Suddenly the establishment is trying to cancel his voice after this sound bit has gone viral

https://twitter.com/TaraBull808/status/ ... arFVQ&s=19
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Russell brand

Post by jfish26 »

Christ almighty you're around the damn bend.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Brand's case may be suggestive of a double standard. He's demonetized by Youtube, for example, while R. Kelly is not.

That said, the idea that he's "being canceled" for anything other than likely being a prolific predator is nutty.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:46 am Brand's case may be suggestive of a double standard. He's demonetized by Youtube, for example, while R. Kelly is not.

That said, the idea that he's "being canceled" for anything other than likely being a prolific predator is nutty.
And to be clear - to the extent a double standard existed...that would be a business choice. Right?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

They are decades old allegations. How come they never came to light until he was taking a stand against the establishment?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:08 am They are decades old allegations. How come they never came to light until he was taking a stand against the establishment?
What does it matter?

One of your many problems is that you are simply closed off to digesting that popular ground has shifted on matters like this. What you decry as "cancel culture" is, in many cases, simply businesses changing their practices so as to, you know, appeal to consumers.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfc…everything is a conspiracy

broken
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I'm not bothering to look it up, and like VSG, there's almost no one I'm less interested in than a POS like Russell Brand, but am I wrong to think they have the medical records from one woman who sought medical attention after Brand's assault, and his very contrite text messages to her, afterwards?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

So, one conspiracy nut wailing at the rest of you conspiracy nuts = Proof?

I scrolled down that feed, a literal museum of stupidity. I can see how you would enjoy ingesting it all.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Overlander wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:58 pm
So, one conspiracy nut wailing at the rest of you conspiracy nuts = Proof?

I scrolled down that feed, a literal museum of stupidity. I can see how you would enjoy ingesting it all.
A feed is customized based on your own personal algorithm... lol
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

It is clearly following yours then.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Overlander wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:03 pm It is clearly following yours then.
Apparently you don't know how social media or algorithms work

But no it followed yours. When I scrolled through the feed I saw mostly dog videos
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I don’t use instagram, numb nuts. Nor would I ever immerse myself in the vat of disinformation that you and the other mouth breathers wallow in.

Try again?