Welcome Labaron Philon

Kansas Basketball.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Welcome Labaron Philon

Post by KUTradition »

seeing as how it’s looking like Barron’s inheritance might only consist of a classified document with secretary instructions scribbled on it, he probably wishes he were dead (or at the very least that he hadn’t been born into that family)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:43 pm seeing as how it’s looking like Barron’s inheritance might only consist of a classified document with secretary instructions scribbled on it, he probably wishes he were dead (or at the very least that he hadn’t been born into that family)
You're pathetic. In a thread about a future Jayhawk commit we should be excited about. You still manage to be an insufferable angry liberal lunatic
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

:lol:
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

randylahey wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:09 pm
KUTradition wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:43 pm seeing as how it’s looking like Barron’s inheritance might only consist of a classified document with secretary instructions scribbled on it, he probably wishes he were dead (or at the very least that he hadn’t been born into that family)
You're pathetic. In a thread about a future Jayhawk commit we should be excited about. You still manage to be an insufferable angry liberal lunatic
But yet, you feed it.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Coming from randy I hope Trad took that as a compliment. His laughing emoji indicates to me that he did. Good.

Getting back to Labaron.

3 Questions/facts.

1. I'm not smart (fact). I believe he attends Link Academy. Does anyone know why he doesn't show up on the roster in Link's website?
https://linkhoops.com/link-academy-roster

2. Is he named after LeBron? No. He's named after his father. Or at least he and his father have the same name. :)

3. Jeremy Case deserves a lot of credit for him coming to KU.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

2 - maybe he was conceived in a Chrysler.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

lol
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

I hate stupid names, and Labaron is plenty stupid, but it’s still not as bad as TyTy.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

JKLivin wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:04 pm I hate stupid names, and Labaron is plenty stupid, but it’s still not as bad as TyTy.
Wow, you make no attempt to disguise it anymore.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

same ‘ol psych
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I would much rather have the first name name Labaron or Tyrone/TyTy (coincidently he and I have the same middle name) than the first name I was given.
JK feels Labaron and TyTy are "stupid" names because.......??????
Last edited by RainbowsandUnicorns on Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:58 am I would much rather have the first name name Labaron or Tyrone/TyTy (coincidently he and I have the same middle name) than the first name I was given.
fire for effect
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Well, after re-reading my post, I suppose "name Labaron" would be a stupid first name. :?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:58 am I would much rather have the first name name Labaron or Tyrone/TyTy (coincidently he and I have the same middle name) than the first name I was given.
Because I have an opinion and am entitled to it?

I also think names like Travis, Jaden/Caden/Raydon, Jim Bob, Bobby Joe, and Leroy are stupid. Oh, and Barron Trump is also a dumb name. I won't get into my list of names for girls that sound like stripper names.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Travis? Seems not to fit your other monikers on the boo boo list.

Also, Leroy is one of my favorite names out there. Have you ever met a bad Leroy (besides Leroy Brown of course)?
Just Ledoux it
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

TDub wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:38 am Travis? Seems not to fit your other monikers on the boo boo list.

Also, Leroy is one of my favorite names out there. Have you ever met a bad Leroy (besides Leroy Brown of course)?
Every Travis I've every known has been a jackass. Of course, I'd never tell Travis Kelce that. He might hurt me.

Everyone is entitled to their list. You may think that my given name is stupid, and, if so, more power to you.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:38 am Travis? Seems not to fit your other monikers on the boo boo list.

I'm not sure why, but to me, "Leroy" has always been the audio-equivalent of seeing a guy wearing a bow tie. That is, my initial inclination, (for some reason?), is to take them less seriously.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Shirley wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:17 am

I'm not sure why, but to me, "Leroy" has always been the audio-equivalent of seeing a guy wearing a bow tie. That is, my initial inclination, (for some reason?), is to take them less seriously.
I think of strong and stubborn old men. I've know ln 2 Leroys. 1 was an old farmer. Tough as leather, grumpy, but nice as the day is long. The other was an old black man and WW2 vet. I used to stop by his porch and play checkers and chess with him occasionally. Great man, quiet but weathered and also tough.

Someday I will own an old hound dog, preferably a Black and Tan hound. I'm saving the name Leroy for him.
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

JKLivin wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:00 am
Because I have an opinion and am entitled to it?

I also think names like Travis, Jaden/Caden/Raydon, Jim Bob, Bobby Joe, and Leroy are stupid. Oh, and Barron Trump is also a dumb name. I won't get into my list of names for girls that sound like stripper names.
Of course you are entitled to your opinion. There are many first names that I don't like - my own included. There are not nearly as many that I feel are "stupid".
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

I had a friend whose last name was Last. I really wanted him to name one of his kids First. Unfortunately he missed the opportunity.