Welcome Labaron Philon

Kansas Basketball.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Welcome Labaron Philon

Post by Shirley »

Full Disclosure: It makes me uncomfortable when grown men go by "Timmy, Tommy, Jimmie", etc., rather than Tim, Tom, Jim. I guess because it seems like they're being infantilized, emasculated.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

mjl2 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:21 pm I had a friend whose last name was Last. I really wanted him to name one of his kids First. Unfortunately he missed the opportunity.
I had a friend whose last name was Pipes. When he and his wife had a son, he pushed really hard to name him Rusty. It took his wife threatening to file for divorce to let that one go.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:04 pm
mjl2 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:21 pm I had a friend whose last name was Last. I really wanted him to name one of his kids First. Unfortunately he missed the opportunity.
I had a friend whose last name was Pipes. When he and his wife had a son, he pushed really hard to name him Rusty. It took his wife threatening to file for divorce to let that one go.
nothing stopping anyone from attaching a nickname to the kid, surely it would stick.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

In college I dated a chick named Randi Pounds

And by dated I mean, hooked up in the garage at a house party
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

where no one would see, we get it oussy. and no one is surprised...

btw, she has like 1600 followers on tiktok, so there's clearly something there. good on ya.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Shirley wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:51 pm Full Disclosure: It makes me uncomfortable when grown men go by "Timmy, Tommy, Jimmie", etc., rather than Tim, Tom, Jim. I guess because it seems like they're being infantilized, emasculated.
Full disclosure: I have an identity crisis. When I introduce myself I use 3 different names depending on who I am introducing myself to. My sister, mother, other relatives, friends, co-workers, acquaintances, call me all 3 names and there is usually zero rhyme or reason as to why they call me what they do when they do. My favorite of the 3 names ends in a Y.

Back to Labaron. I apologize if someone else already posted this.
His cousin is Darius Philon. Who happened to tweet/X this in the past hour.

https://twitter.com/dukephilon_07/statu ... 9750712515
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas