9 scholarship players

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

9 scholarship players

Post by ousdahl »

Another new hoops thread!

Starting a new one to purge any bad juju that might be left over in the lineup thread

10 if we count Zach, who’s otherwise supposed to shirt, and doesn’t address the issue of loosing a rotation/potential starting guard

But figure there’ll be some chatter about this.

Can we expect much from Jamari?

Or a walk on?

Or try to SDS someone here by semester?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: 9 scholarship players

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:07 pm Can we expect much from Jamari?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I like the way you think.

let's roll with it...

Here's Jackson!

Here's Hunter!

Here's Adams!

Here's Kevin!

Here's Jank!

Here's Braun!

Here's Charlie!

Here's Justin!

Here's Timberlake!

Here's Morris!

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

No injuries and we will be a ok.
And, even if so, if to a big, Clemence is an incredible break glass in emergency luxury that only the most elite can afford.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Also did Ousdahl sleep over at Gutters bc that follow up post was so very Gutter.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:59 pm Also did Ousdahl sleep over at Gutters bc that follow up post was so very Gutter.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

and here I thought somebody would go full gutter like, BuT YoU PuT WaLkOnS In ThE ScHoLaRsHiP ThReAd!!!!

but yea, no injuries and we should be ok.

Guards: Dajuan, Elmarko, SexyBack, Jamari

Wings: Kevin, KJ, Johnny

Bigs: Mickelson, Haunkey Taunk 2.0

That's actually still a pretty rad lineup. And could also/maybe more appropriately list KJ as a big but didn't wanna put him twice. Plus maybe listing him as a wing here means he'll show up ready to shoot 3s
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

and I also wonder how much Elmarko will play backup lead, but also open to just having Kevin play backup lead like he should have last year
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

pdub wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:57 pm No injuries and we will be a ok.
And, even if so, if to a big, Clemence is an incredible break glass in emergency luxury that only the most elite can afford.
Might need to break that now anyway.

Just based on what I've seen so far, Braun isn't playable if you want to win the title. But with now more limited guard depth, we might need KJ to be a full time 4. So we need a competent backup 5.

Clemence played exclusively as a 4 in the Bahamas, so I think Self's idea is that Clemence just isn't going to develop a back to the basket game and so we'll redshirt him and develop him as a 4. But I think that plan is going to be thrown out the window if Braun is useless. I'm hoping that Braun is much better than what we saw in the Bahamas and that it's just a matter of adjusting.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Elmarko is gonna be a beast. He was gonna end up with the most minutes in that spot anyway.

I haven't watched Braun play enough to have any opinion. But, my optimism wants to say people said much of the same about Mitch Lightfoot. He played a fairpy significant role on a title team.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

yea, after all the Crauw I ate about his bro, Imma be cautiously optimistic about Parker.

mjl has an interesting theory about KJ as a full time 4. But, last year might suggest he's just too effective as a 5 to not play him there at least a little. And if Parker sucks as much as mjl fears, and Hunter struggles to move his feet on D, that prob means we just can't play KJ exclusively at the 4.

I guess where I'm going with this is, at this point with Self I'd expect a "best 5 out there" approach, before him playing a bad big just cuz they're big. But that also means we have enough good perimeter depth to offset our lack of bigs, and we don't have a ton of perimeter depth, either.

Also of note: if we DO need size, Johnny Furphy is the third biggest scholarship player available, now listed within an inch of Parker anyway...

also, speaking of that growth spurt that hits our players, Zach listed a 6'11" and Kevin 6'7"