Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Sadly, These Are Not Serious People

Post by jfish26 »

japhy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:13 am
twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:39 am
randylahey wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:18 am

Imagine being dumb enough to ignore all the problems that stem from democrat leadership just because a democrat is in the wh
A significant percentage of what you claim stems from having a Dem in the White House has nothing to do with there being a Dem in the White House.
Imagine being dumb enough to think that all of the problems in this country stem from having a D in the WH. Then go a step further and try to imagine being even dumber, and thinking that a convicted rapist and financial fraud who talks about fucking his own daughter and stoked a violent insurrection to overthrow our government who has an obvious cognitive deficit and narcissistic personality disorder was somehow the answer to all of these problems.

It is a serious stretch of the imagination, but there are people out there who are that far down the rabbit hole. Makes you wonder how they function in the big scary world on a day to day basis.
Obviously there’s a lot of power to narrative.

TV-friendly twat builds company on shady practices. Uses the wealth derived from that company (and its shady practices) as a proxy for intelligence and success. Effectively laundering (or, if you prefer, alchemizing) the shadiness into something unearned but durable. The unearned-but-durable perception of intelligence and success then becomes its own argument for the guy’s fitness for power, circular proof of the intelligence and certain-success of all future endeavors - especially since the guy can proclaim himself to be an outsider; inexperience is now a feature, not a bug.

But, enough about Vivek.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

For years Kevin McCarthy has been a handmaiden of the MAGA movement. Losing a Speaker fight doesn't change that

Mitchell Minute - Let's remember the real Kevin McCarthy

Or, as I like to say, "My Kevin".
D. Trump
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

japhy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:13 am
twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:39 am
randylahey wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:18 am

Imagine being dumb enough to ignore all the problems that stem from democrat leadership just because a democrat is in the wh
A significant percentage of what you claim stems from having a Dem in the White House has nothing to do with there being a Dem in the White House.
Imagine being dumb enough to think that all of the problems in this country stem from having a D in the WH. Then go a step further and try to imagine being even dumber, and thinking that a convicted rapist and financial fraud who talks about fucking his own daughter and stoked a violent insurrection to overthrow our government who has an obvious cognitive deficit and narcissistic personality disorder was somehow the answer to all of these problems.

It is a serious stretch of the imagination, but there are people out there who are that far down the rabbit hole. Makes you wonder how they function in the big scary world on a day to day basis.
It took convincing people that you were voting to save your country, your rights, your children and your way of life to get Trump elected. If it was framed like any other election, Trump would have been tossed out after the "grab 'em by the pussy" comment.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

True, twocoach.

Trump was able to project his persecution complex onto the chronically aggrieved, appeal to their basest instincts, and connect the dots for them.
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Shirley wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:17 am True, twocoach.

Trump was able to project his persecution complex onto the chronically aggrieved, appeal to their basest instincts, and connect the dots for them.
“The Democrats don’t matter. The real opposition is the media. And the way to deal with them is to flood the zone with shit.”

Steve Bannon is why we're all in this fucking nightmare.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:34 am
Shirley wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:17 am True, twocoach.

“The Democrats don’t matter. The real opposition is the media. And the way to deal with them is to flood the zone with shit.”

Steve Bannon is why we're all in this fucking nightmare.
Exactly, sadly.

And if perhaps you thought things would change for the better, and maybe, just maybe, in addition to having a new speaker that doesn't lie constantly and make agreements he later rejects, that we might expect more comity, I wouldn't get my hopes up:

The Republican Party kicked Nancy Pelosi & Steny Hoyer out of their Capitol office spaces.

How small, how petty of republicans.

Bill Kristol:

"When Hakeem Jeffries is elected Speaker next week with moderate Republican support, he should restore to Nancy Pelosi and Steny Hoyer their Capitol hideaways—and also follow House custom and courtesy in providing a hideaway to former Speaker McCarthy.

In victory, magnanimity."
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Just another day in the republican personality cult that's more concerned about how they look on TV, than on any policies that might benefit the American people.

Just think, only 7 weeks from now the circus will be back in town and they can threaten to shut the government down.........again. Because, a minority of Americans have decided if they can't have their way, then they'll do whatever it takes to make sure there isn't a "way" for the majority.

What a bunch of shameless hypocrites.

GOP Rep. says he’s in favor of kicking Gaetz out of the Republican conference

Rep. David Joyce (R-OH) slams Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) as "pathetic," saying he would be in favor of expelling him from the House GOP conference along with the other seven Republicans who voted to remove Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) as speaker.
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Don't worry Overlander, it is not a link to a Beatles song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ewVvVCRWxE
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

japhy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:31 pm Don't worry Overlander, it is not a link to a Beatles song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ewVvVCRWxE
Much better!
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

To the surprise of no one, republicans have spent the majority of the time since their latest episode of rank incompetence blaming democrats for not saving McCarthy's ass, even tho he didn't have the nads to ask. Probably because he was too busy blaming democrats for his dysfunctional speakership the day before while making the rounds of the "conservative" media propaganda outlets.

Gaetz is held in high esteem by his fellow republicans.
Anand Giridharadas
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Shirley wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:24 am To the surprise of no one, republicans have spent the majority of the time since their latest episode of rank incompetence blaming democrats for not saving McCarthy's ass, even tho he didn't have the nads to ask. Probably because he was too busy blaming democrats for his dysfunctional speakership the day before while making the rounds of the "conservative" media propaganda outlets.

The Republican Party, remaking itself in the image of the Donner Party. How fitting.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

japhy wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:56 am
Shirley wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:24 am To the surprise of no one, republicans have spent the majority of the time since their latest episode of rank incompetence blaming democrats for not saving McCarthy's ass, even tho he didn't have the nads to ask. Probably because he was too busy blaming democrats for his dysfunctional speakership the day before while making the rounds of the "conservative" media propaganda outlets.

The Republican Party, remaking itself in the image of the Donner Party. How fitting.
But, without the view.
Donner Lake is beautiful!
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Meet the likely next republican speaker of the house.

Jim Jordan is a perfect fit, because he can carry on the proud tradition of former republican Speaker, and serial child molester, Dennis Hastert*, two heart beats away from the presidency.
Think about that, Jim Jordan, next in line for the presidency.

Thanks republicans, nice to know we can count on you. Don't ever change!

Jim Jordan “called me crying, begging me for half an hour” to cover up hundreds of sex abuse allegations in the program he was coaching.

".......Dennis Hastert, former third-ranking member of the US federal government, admitted in open court to molesting children. "I'm sorry to those I hurt and misled. First I wanted to apologize for the boys I mistreated when I was their coach," he said. "What I did was wrong and I regret it. They looked to me, and I took advantage of them."
Anand Giridharadas
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Shirley wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:10 pm Meet the likely next republican speaker of the house.

Jim Jordan is a perfect fit, because he can carry on the proud tradition of former republican Speaker, and serial child molester, Dennis Hastert*, two heart beats away from the presidency.
Think about that, Jim Jordan, next in line for the presidency.

Thanks republicans, nice to know we can count on you. Don't ever change!

Jim Jordan “called me crying, begging me for half an hour” to cover up hundreds of sex abuse allegations in the program he was coaching.

".......Dennis Hastert, former third-ranking member of the US federal government, admitted in open court to molesting children. "I'm sorry to those I hurt and misled. First I wanted to apologize for the boys I mistreated when I was their coach," he said. "What I did was wrong and I regret it. They looked to me, and I took advantage of them."
Worse than a senile old man suffering from functional encopresis who has succeeded in wrecking the economy in three years and a woman with an IQ ~25 points below average who got her current position by means other than merit whose response to every serious question is to cackle awkwardly and then offer a series of meaningless non sequiturs?

Hmmmm.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Defending child molester enablers is prime Psych!

Nice to know some things never change.
Anand Giridharadas
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I see you mentioned Hastert. You'd think by now that these dipshits would stop it with the fucking wrestling coaches.

FFS
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Shirley wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:34 pm Defending child molester enablers is prime Psych!

I’m sorry - I missed the part where he was convicted in a court of law or even charged with a crime.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

JKLivin wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:45 pm
Shirley wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:34 pm Defending child molester enablers is prime Psych!

I’m sorry - I missed the part where he was convicted in a court of law or even charged with a crime.
…at which time there are other excuses you’d pull out of the bag? Just trying to get my bearings, with reference to other indictments you do not seem to give much weight to.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:16 am
JKLivin wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:45 pm

…at which time there are other excuses you’d pull out of the bag? Just trying to get my bearings, with reference to other indictments you do not seem to give much weight to.
Innocent until proven guilty?!? Anyone?!?

The Trevor Bauer and Johnny Depp cases both seem relevant here, but the bottom line is that, just because someone says you did something doesn’t mean you did, much less that you deserve to be treated as if you did.

But you already knew that.