Sadly, These Are Not Serious People

Ugh.
MICHHAWK

Re: Sadly, These Are Not Serious People

Post by MICHHAWK »

my grandbabies cannot afford uncles spending. he's a spending maniac.

but i guess it grows on trees. so whats it matter.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

You were ok with Cheeto Mussolini spending your grand babies’ money?

I have convinced my daughters that I don’t need grand babies. No problem for me 😄
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:41 am my grandbabies cannot afford uncles spending. he's a spending maniac.

Trump burned through your grandbabies money years ago.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

trust me. i am well aware of what the office of Overspending and the Mismanagement of Funds is going through. i have an ageing mother. little bit older than uncle. and i have to watch her checkbook like a hawk.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

trumplethinskin gave $3M of your grand baby's money to me in a PPP "loan" as an incentive to vote for him.

Worry not, I spent it well. Send your grand babies to Solstice 2024 and they can enjoy the byproduct of their contribution.

Is now a good time to talk about extending my tax cuts? My corporate cuts are continuing of course. But an extension of the personal cuts....or if I may be so bold, an increase, is well deserved.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

japhy wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:08 am trumplethinskin gave $3M of your grand baby's money to me in a PPP "loan" as an incentive to vote for him.

Worry not, I spent it well. Send your grand babies to Solstice 2024 and they can enjoy the byproduct of their contribution.

Is now a good time to talk about extending my tax cuts? My corporate cuts are continuing of course. But an extension of the personal cuts....or if I may be so bold, an increase, is well deserved.
Sir, I believe the slides are clear: Republicans favor limited spending and small government.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:12 am
japhy wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:08 am trumplethinskin gave $3M of your grand baby's money to me in a PPP "loan" as an incentive to vote for him.

Sir, I believe the slides are clear: Republicans favor limited spending and small government.
You say that with real conviction, I like you.

Just a 3% rate cut would result in about $20K in tax savings for me next year. That would pay for the countertops and new appliances in my monkey business property, Casa Troche y Moche. That is the kind of limited spending I could get behind.

All I ask is that you think about it. It would be a nice way to say, "Merry Fuckin X-Mas to you Japhy!".
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

japhy wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:53 am
jfish26 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:12 am

You say that with real conviction, I like you.

Just a 3% rate cut would result in about $20K in tax savings for me next year. That would pay for the countertops and new appliances in my monkey business property, Casa Troche y Moche. That is the kind of limited spending I could get behind.

All I ask is that you think about it. It would be a nice way to say, "Merry Fuckin X-Mas to you Japhy!".
Would more goat cheese calm you down?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Bank error in his favor.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Overlander wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:33 pm
japhy wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:53 am All I ask is that you think about it. It would be a nice way to say, "Merry Fuckin X-Mas to you Japhy!".
What about government subsidized drone delivery of medicine and cheese in rural impoverished areas like the Empire?

We are in line to do a couple thousand projects around the country with these folks. We designed their prototype launch platforms and recharging arms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtKdLrJLZ5I&t=4s
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

doubt this is serious, but…

Sen. Hawley to Introduce Bill Reversing Citizens United

per RealClearPolitics
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

japhy wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:18 pm
Overlander wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:33 pm
japhy wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:53 am All I ask is that you think about it. It would be a nice way to say, "Merry Fuckin X-Mas to you Japhy!".
What about government subsidized drone delivery of medicine and cheese in rural impoverished areas like the Empire?

We are in line to do a couple thousand projects around the country with these folks. We designed their prototype launch platforms and recharging arms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtKdLrJLZ5I&t=4s
Not sure goat cheese is indicative of poverty.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:05 pm doubt this is serious, but…

Sen. Hawley to Introduce Bill Reversing Citizens United

per RealClearPolitics
Because, Hawley:

Jane Mayer
@JaneMayerNYer
This ‘reform’ doesn’t touch nonprofit corporations- where most of the dark money is, nor private companies, like Koch Industries. Why are they exempted?
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Completely misleading story (no surprise, since RCP is dark money funded with ties to The Federalist)
Hawley's bill would ban companies such as Disney from big donations--but "non-profits" such as Citizens United(also dark money funded--Koch brothers etc) would be EXEMPT

-------------------------------------------------
End Citizens United
@StopBigMoney

Senator Josh Hawley has introduced a bill to "overturn" the Citizens United decision in order to… punish corporations that support voting rights. 🤦 This bill is nothing more than an empty threat targeted at corporations that didn't want to overthrow the 2020 election results.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Jake Sherman

@JakeSherman
🚨NEWS — SENATE MINORITY LEADER MITCH MCCONNELL went after
@HawleyMO
in a closed Senate GOP meeting today.

HAWLEY signed onto an end Citizens United bill.

MCCONNELL told HAWLEY he's only in the Senate because of the Senate Leadership Fund — which accepts unlimited contributions.

MCCONNELL warned that anyone who signs on will get heavy incoming from the right.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:41 am my grandbabies cannot afford uncles spending. he's a spending maniac.

I think the lack of breathable air will be more of an issue.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Today In: Let's withhold aid to our ally Israel until democrats agree with our plan to make it easier for yacht owners to commit tax fraud, and thereby increase the national debt. Because

"offsets".

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The GOP corruption is in the open
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:39 pm The GOP corruption is in the open
Nice North Atlantic Treaty Organization ya got there, would be a shame if something happened to it.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

The nonpartisan CBO said on Wednesday, however, that Republican’s plan to cut IRS funding could lead to a $26.8 billion reduction in revenue over the next 10 years - resulting in an additional $12.5 billion to the nation’s deficit.
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the billions are nothing these days. the way uncle is tossing the money around. all over the globe.

we used to talk about millions(ho hum). now it's billions(yawn). get back to me when we start talking about whatever comes after billions.

how much has uncle so graciously spread around the globe these last few years. make 26.8 look like chump change.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:33 am the billions are nothing these days. the way uncle is tossing the money around. all over the globe.

we used to talk about millions(ho hum). now it's billions(yawn). get back to me when we start talking about whatever comes after billions.

how much has uncle so graciously spread around the globe these last few years. make 26.8 look like chump change.
DO you understand how stupid it is to be pounding the table over spending money when your solution costs TWICE AS MUCH? It's peak GOP performance art with zero actual attempt to govern.