Re: Sadly, These Are Not Serious People

Post by DCHawk1 »

I'm with Newt!

Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Looks like democrats are going to leave it up to republicans to solve their own problems, their own "civil war".

Why shouldn't they?

A majority of house republicans voted to not certify the 2020 presidential election results, when Biden clearly won.

A majority of republicans just voted to let the government shut down a few days ago because democrats wouldn't agree to cuts = to ~ 30% from government programs democrats support.

That's not to mention their meritless, evidence-less, Biden "impeachment", etc., etc., etc.

And, even if McCarthy survives, (whether democrats help him or not), we're going to repeat this clusterfuck in another 45 days, because that's what republicans want.

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I had just heard about that, DC.

In light of what I've been hearing from Newt for a very long time I'm surprised, but with him, too.
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:44 pm Looks like democrats are going to leave it up to republicans to solve their own problems, their own "civil war".

Why shouldn't they?

A majority of house republicans voted to not certify the 2020 presidential election results, when Biden clearly won.

A majority of republicans just voted to let the government shut down a few days ago because democrats wouldn't agree to cuts = to ~ 30% from government programs democrats support.

That's not to mention their meritless, evidence-less, Biden "impeachment", etc., etc., etc.

And, even if McCarthy survives, (whether democrats help him or not), we're going to repeat this clusterfuck in another 45 days, because that's what republicans want.

This basically comes down to the same analysis that’s relevant to the Ukraine thread: there can only be successful negotiations where each side is starting from a place the other finds somewhat reasonable.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

To be honest, it wouldn't hurt if democrats would agree to put away their Italian Jewish laser and stop sacrificing children to drink their blood.
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:07 pm To be honest, it wouldn't hurt if democrats would agree to put away their Italian Jewish laser and stop sacrificing children to drink their blood.
I suppose that’s the game theory approach.

FINE, we will get Soros to stand down his space laser, if you will do X Y Z.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:10 pm
Shirley wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:07 pm To be honest, it wouldn't hurt if democrats would agree to put away their Italian Jewish laser and stop sacrificing children to drink their blood.

Reasonable.
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Sadly, I agree:

"...and I promise you, anything that comes after Kevin McCarthy, will be an order of magnitude worse than Kevin McCarthy..."

See ya' Kevin! LP co-founder Rick Wilson reacts to the imminent vote on Speaker McCarthy's political future. The chaos of the MAGA circus is never ending.
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:11 pm
jfish26 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:10 pm

Reasonable.
Then we’ll let go of the blood sacrifices…if we have to to get a deal done.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Sometimes I think you give too much, jfish26!

John Boehner and Paul Ryan say, "Hi, Kevin"!
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I am willing to not activate the microchips tomorrow with the EBS. For some funding of key priorities.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:24 pm I am willing to not activate the microchips tomorrow with the EBS. For some funding of key priorities.
Whoa whoa whoa, don’t give away the farm man. We have to have SOMETHING left.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Sparko wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:24 pm I am willing to not activate the microchips tomorrow with the EBS. For some funding of key priorities.
Wait, did I miss a conspiracy theory? Can Randy fill us in? I had the jab and a bunch of boosters, will that make it worse? Will I fall off the flat earth?
Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:32 pm
Wait, did I miss a conspiracy theory? Can Randy fill us in? I had the jab and a bunch of boosters, will that make it worse? Will I fall off the flat earth?
The good news is that if you walk close to a Tap-To-Pay vending machine, that RFID chip in your shoulder might make it spit out a free drink.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:53 pm
The good news is that if you walk close to a Tap-To-Pay vending machine, that RFID chip in your shoulder might make it spit out a free drink.
If by “free” you mean taxpayer-funded, sure. You commie.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:57 pm
twocoach wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:53 pm

If by “free” you mean taxpayer-funded, sure. You commie.
It's only free if you voted (D). If you voted (R) then it costs $10,000. All part of The Plan. You know, because the US Government has such an amazing ability to tie databases together and use modern computer systems...

Headed out to the DMV soon, where it will take them 2 hours to find my information and another hour for them to tell me the paperwork that I brought because it is listed on their website isn't actually the paperwork I needed to bring.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

McCarthy is out. Vacate: Yes - 216, No - 210

First time in our nation's history a speaker has been ousted.
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

When democrats caucused this morning, Minority Leader Jeffries showed them video of McCarthy making the rounds on the Sunday morning shows blaming democrats for the near government shutdown. This, less than 2 days after My Kevin asked democrats for their help Friday night because he didn't have enough republican votes, stuck in their craw and made them reluctant to make a deal to save him*.

They also feel they can't trust him because of how McCarthy initially came out against Trump right after Jan 6, only to acquiesce and bend the knee shortly thereafter.

For the dems who are in purple districts who were hoping for a deal, it's a nice demonstration of unity for all the democrats to stay in line and vote together as a block.

*McCarthy did not ask democrats to "save" him in the vote to vacate, although some other republicans reached out to other rank and file democrats.
Anand Giridharadas