NBA 23/24

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: NBA 23/24

Post by pdub »

I think if you’re 40+ you have a 50% chance of an irrational hate for LeBron. If you’re 50+ it shoots up to 90%.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:04 am I think if you’re 40+ you have a 50% chance of an irrational hate for LeBron. If you’re 50+ it shoots up to 90%.
Sounds about right.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:04 am I think if you’re 40+ you have a 50% chance of an irrational hate for LeBron. If you’re 50+ it shoots up to 90%.
I think if your pdub's age and you run a site that is focused on Kansas Basketball you have an irrational assumption the people who "hate" LeBron, hate him more than they do. ;)

I'm only speaking for myself but I "hate" LeBron less today than I "hated" him earlier in his career. I have always had an extreme appreciation for his talent.
Forgetting me, I hope others feel LeBron is an admirable guy in many ways. On the court and off the court. I also hope people realize AT TIMES (just like most other people - yes pdub, Michael Jordan more so) the man is (or at least has been) a complete twat.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Psychhawk

Post by Psychhawk »

I guess for me at 60+, I just really don't give a sh*t about Lebron one way or another. I follow the NBA to see how Jayhawks do mostly. Every generation has a goat, and there really is no way to compare them given the way the game evolves.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I'm not 50 but it'd more like 99.7% for me. Hes such a little bitch.

I dont think it's necessarily the age thay creates the feeling.....its thay those old enough to remember have seen the actual GOAT play and appreciated the era before everyone was a spoiled little brat and the game was more than who can hit the highest percentage from 40+ feet.

I didnt love Kobe but I had tons of respect for him. I have none for Lebaby bitch.
Just Ledoux it
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I like MJ, Kobe, and LeBron.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

TDubs in that 50 percent.
I am just 40 and am not.
I’m guessing Illy is around that and is not.

Other posters here are closer to 50 plus and that, because of Jordan, brings the percentage up.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:16 pm TDubs in that 50 percent.
I am just 40 and am not.
I’m guessing Illy is around that and is not.

Other posters here are closer to 50 plus and that, because of Jordan, brings the percentage up.
I will never dispute that there are people who are huge Jordan fans that have a negative bias towards Lebron mainly because of their love of/for Jordan.
That being said, one man's "irrational" is another man's "rational".
I had "rational" reasons for disliking LeBron.
The main one being the man disrespected me while I was respecting him.
I've gotten over it. There are still "rational" (TO ME) reasons why I found (and still find) fault in the guy. There are also things about him that I have no problem giving him rightful praise for.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I’m sorry Gutter but I think it’s possible you may overstep boundaries when it comes to celebs.

In nyc I would see them often and would leave them completely alone.

Considering your photo history and all your signatures I think you put yourself in situations where people who have to live their life appeasing the masses every day just got tired of doing so.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

TDub wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:29 am

I didnt love Kobe but I had tons of respect for him. I have none for Lebaby bitch.
Nearly 60 here, and my feelings are pretty much the same.

LeBron is a generational talent, and every year that goes by he becomes more and more of a twat.
It seems to run parallel to his own assertions of his greatness.

I can't remember watching a game he played in where he wasn't at some point flailing around on the floor like he got tazered. Or bitching at a ref while his teammates are trying to stop a break while down 1 whiney bitch.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:37 pm I’m sorry Gutter but I think it’s possible you may overstep boundaries when it comes to celebs.

In nyc I would see them often and would leave them completely alone.

Considering your photo history and all your signatures I think you put yourself in situations where people who have to live their life appeasing the masses every day just got tired of doing so.
I swear I respect your opinion on the subject.
I've explained my LeBron situation. I feel that was in NO WAY overstepping my or his boundary. It was what it was. As I said, I have moved on.

As far as my interactions with other "celebs". I don't feel I am overstepping my (or more importantly THEIR) boundaries if we are in the same location at the same time and I MAY briefly say something respectful to them - without interrupting them.
I 100% agree with you that people who have to live their life appeasing the masses probably get tired of doing so - and I don't/wouldn't fault those who do. Even if it's interacting with me.
What I fault is those who are purposely disrespectful towards someone who is expressing their admiration for them. Tired or not.

Moving on......

The 17-18 10th seed Warriors lose CP3 for a while with a fractured hand. Good news is they get Dray back. I'm not smart enough to know which one of them is more valuable to the team. If I had to guess, I would say Dray.

Mind-blowing worthless thought of the day....
The Brooklyn Nets would be a play-in team if the season ended today. The Lakers would not.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Overlander wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:26 pm

Nearly 60 here, and my feelings are pretty much the same.

LeBron is a generational talent, and every year that goes by he becomes more and more of a twat.
It seems to run parallel to his own assertions of his greatness.

I can't remember watching a game he played in where he wasn't at some point flailing around on the floor like he got tazered. Or bitching at a ref while his teammates are trying to stop a break while down 1 whiney bitch.
yep, then he throws those same teammates under the bus in the postgame
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

“If we are in the same location at the same time and I MAY briefly say something respectful to them - without interrupting them.”

This is where you and I disagree and totally fine. For me if I know a person from celebrity it’s at most a nod or hi.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I have never been googly-eyed over a famous person.

I once washed dishes in Japhy's kitchen, and managed to avoid eye contact the entire time.

His dog Dok though, kept giving me the hairy eyeball.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Psychhawk wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:35 am I guess for me at 60+, I just really don't give a sh*t about Lebron one way or another. I follow the NBA to see how Jayhawks do mostly. Every generation has a goat, and there really is no way to compare them given the way the game evolves.
^^^
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Well except for Bill Russell would be barely better than Bam Morris.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

that's an Ousdahl take.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I am 51 and I don't dislike LeBron more or less than any of the other uber superstars. I've never met any of them and dont "hate" many people I have never met. They all have something about them that's annoying. MJ was a complete prick with a huge gambling problem. Kobe most likely cheated on his wife by raping a woman.

LeBron whines. Whoopdy doo. In my scale of things to hate someone about, he probably rates pretty near the bottom. He seems to do a lot of good things for kids and treats his wife with respect as far as I have heard. Outside that, I don't care.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

I dont think it's necessarily the age thay creates the feeling.....its thay those old enough to remember have seen the actual GOAT play and appreciated the era before everyone was a spoiled little brat and the game was more than who can hit the highest percentage from 40+ feet.

Kobe is a rapist. If that's not being a little bitch more than LeBron, then I don't know.

edit: to be fair, he was never convicted of rape...just settled out of court and bought his wife a $7 million dollar ring. Rumor from living in Colorado at the time has always been it was a little case of forced anal after vaginal consent. And she took the money for the pain in the ass this was for her.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I think if you're 40+ and have an irrational hate of any athlete that you're weird and take the social media presentation of your sports fandom too seriously.