InfiniteJ
Contributor

Re: KU vs Illini exhibition thread

Post by InfiniteJ »

Small margin for error this year.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Sports sucked today. Dickinson is overrated.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:14 pm
Overlander wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:50 pm I like Underwood
You should. He's a cross between you and Self. ;)
Which part of him is me?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Overlander wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:28 pm
Overlander wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:50 pm I like Underwood
Which part of him is me?
You're the best of the both of them!
You look like a combo of the two of them too. Fish looks like Self to me but that's another story.
One of the Underwood parts of him/you is that you both lived in Texas.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Biggest difference in this one was 3 pt shooting. New guys learning the hard way that KU is biggest game for everyone they play - exhibition or not.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:22 pm
Overlander wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:28 pm

Which part of him is me?
You're the best of the both of them!
Awwwww… now you have me blushing, Gutman!
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

This should have been on a neutral floor. I do not like blood pacts in exhibition either. No reason to injure anyone. If they had just played game scenarios, okay. But this would have drawn better at KU if they are talking fund raising.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

didn't realize Elmarko didn't start. Turned on the game with 19 minutes left in the 1st, and he was already in.

Right now I'm thinking that dood is this team's ceiling.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

wait I think I'm reading that box score wrong. I'm tired
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

20 shots to get those 22 points for Dickinson. He is going to cause a lot of arguments this year.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

twocoach wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:44 am 20 shots to get those 22 points for Dickinson. He is going to cause a lot of arguments this year.
I figure we will get a bunch of he sucks and he's awesome. Probably not a lot in-between.
Assuming he doesn't do anything stupid to embarrass the team and/or the university, I don't foresee any valid arguments that the team is worse off having him on it.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

I could make one
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I could also make one.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:27 am
twocoach wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:44 am 20 shots to get those 22 points for Dickinson. He is going to cause a lot of arguments this year.
I figure we will get a bunch of he sucks and he's awesome. Probably not a lot in-between.
Assuming he doesn't do anything stupid to embarrass the team and/or the university, I don't foresee any valid arguments that the team is worse off having him on it.
Just feels like DC's vision of "Dedric Lawson vibes" may be a serious possibility where we have "but he had 20 and 10" on one side and "the entire offense ground to a halt for him to get that" on the other.

Dunno, this is not a confidence building roster makeup for me at this point. Lots of holes out there.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

mjl2 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:29 amI could make one
same. We shall see how the year plays out and I'd love to be wrong.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

twocoach wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:52 am
Just feels like DC's vision of "Dedric Lawson vibes" may be a serious possibility where we have "but he had 20 and 10" on one side and "the entire offense ground to a halt for him to get that" on the other.

Dunno, this is not a confidence building roster makeup for me at this point. Lots of holes out there.
Lawson was maybe rhe most frustrating Jayhawk for me to watch in the last 40 years.

He was incredibly difficult to get excited about and surprisingly hard to cheer for....I hope Hunter is not that, but I can see the potential comparison
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’m not sold one way or the other on the roster yet, but yesterday’s performance by HD (at least in the first half) didn’t instill much confidence

KJ seemed to struggle a bit, too

DH, KM, and even Elmarko were solid on the limited minutes i was able to watch

all that said, it was closed-door scrimmage that was turned into an exhibition for charity. i’m gonna try to not read too much into it
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:29 am

i’m not sold one way or the other on the roster yet, but yesterday’s performance by HD (at least in the first half) didn’t instill much confidence

KJ seemed to struggle a bit, too

DH, KM, and even Elmarko were solid on the limited minutes i was able to watch

all that said, it was closed-door scrimmage that was turned into an exhibition for charity. i’m gonna try to not read too much into it
Agreed. The odds of a roster with this much turnover looking great from Day One were pretty low and the three returning players all have major holes in their game.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'm confident that Bill Self will have this team cookin' by February, per usual.