OFFICIAL OUSDAHL FINALLY GOT A TINDER THREAD

Coffee talk.
ousdahl

Re: OFFICIAL OUSDAHL FINALLY GOT A TINDER THREAD

Post by ousdahl »

I think the adult method is just approaching it like an adult either way, whether it’s the apps or otherwise.

But, since you seem to suggest the apps are some method less than adult, what IS an adult method?

Go get gushered at the crooked creek saloon and see where you wake up the next day?

Cuz I done that one too, and honestly, the apps feel more grown up than that.

So far, easier on the liver too.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:14 am tell yourself whatever you want, pdub, but yea, every single relationship ends.

now, put some clothes on and get out. There's cab money on the dresser for ya.
Thanks sweetie.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Why are you still here?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I need JK's definition of 'ho' here.
Plz don't say my mom, or tk's mom or someone else here's mom.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

pdub wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:14 am
You never let me have any fun.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:14 am I need JK's definition of 'ho' here.
Stacy's mom
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I believe his definition was, any female.
Defense. Rebounds.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

A sexually promiscuous woman.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Afraid of marriage because it might end in divorce.

That is how a loser thinks.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

So that for JK is what - women who have had 5+ sexual partners in their lifetime?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:10 am I think the adult method is just approaching it like an adult either way, whether it’s the apps or otherwise.

But, since you seem to suggest the apps are some method less than adult, what IS an adult method?

Go get gushered at the crooked creek saloon and see where you wake up the next day?

I can only go on my experience - personally and in 25 years of doing therapy with people who are trying to either find or work out a relationship - but it seems like women you meet in everyday life - work, volunteer opportunities, church, etc. - is a better source of quality people.

They tend to share more of your your interests and values, and it helps do the primary work of attraction, which is proximity. I met my wife because her office was across the hall from mine for four years, not because one of us swiped right. My opinion is that apps don't work because you base things on a few pics and some flirty banter, which is a foundation for a meaningless hookup, but not a relationship.

But, again, I'm an old(ish) fart and, depending on who you listen to around here, I don't know anything. If you want guidance on how to marry someone 15 years younger than you and wind up with a 14-month old at age 54 and live in a constant state of sleep deprivation, then I can point you in the right direction. If you want to up your Tinder game, I'm sure there are plenty of ballers around here to give you tips.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

pdub wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:11 am So that for JK is what - women who have had 5+ sexual partners in their lifetime?
I'm not prepared to quantify that construct. And, anyway, it's my opinion - not something I'd want to hold out to others as a standard. Overlander, who I'm sure has more game than anyone here, will likely have some trenchant insights on both the issue in question and my intrinsic worth as a human being, so I'd go with what he says.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:17 am

But, again, I'm an old(ish) fart and, depending on who you listen to around here, I don't know anything. If you want guidance on how to marry someone 15 years younger than you and wind up with a 14-month old at age 54 and live in a constant state of sleep deprivation, then I can point you in the right direction. If you want to up your Tinder game, I'm sure there are plenty of ballers around here to give you tips.
Well, whoever this is will have a kid that can change his diapers when the time comes.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:25 am

Well, whoever this is will have a kid that can change his diapers when the time comes.
Zing!

I hope to be already dead by that point.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Oh it’s you? I need a glossary.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:20 am
pdub wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:11 am So that for JK is what - women who have had 5+ sexual partners in their lifetime?
Overlander, who I'm sure has more game than anyone here, will likely have some trenchant insights on both the issue in question and my intrinsic worth as a human being, so I'd go with what he says.
No game here.

Met my wife online. The online part was, for me, a way of sifting through women that I found attractive AND shared some degree of personality that aligns with mine. I never approached it as a hook up site. Hooking up isn't that difficult.

Through communication, it was easy to discern how we meshed. Then, a meeting in person to get the real feel. This is the point where 90% of the interactions didn't vibe...for myself or for them.

What attracted me to my wife, outside of the fact that I find her EXTREMELY attractive...both inside and out.... is that she had her shit together. She owned her own home, had her own stuff, was 4 years removed from her first marriage (a marriage that fell apart after her husband decided that they needed to live a life of strong Christian values), and she is very kind and caring.

My wife and I have been together since our first meeting. I have never been happier.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:10 am I think the adult method is just approaching it like an adult either way, whether it’s the apps or otherwise.

I can only go on my experience - personally and in 25 years of doing therapy with people who are trying to either find or work out a relationship - but it seems like women you meet in everyday life - work, volunteer opportunities, church, etc. - is a better source of quality people.

They tend to share more of your your interests and values, and it helps do the primary work of attraction, which is proximity. I met my wife because her office was across the hall from mine for four years, not because one of us swiped right. My opinion is that apps don't work because you base things on a few pics and some flirty banter, which is a foundation for a meaningless hookup, but not a relationship.

Take it to the workplace hookups thread.

But yes, in real life is best, you don’t have the weird constructs and relative internet disconnectedness of the apps.

With that said, I’m trying to make the most of the apps by trying to engage in more than just flirty banter, and avoiding the dumb flakiness and ghosting kinda norms. I haven’t ghosted anyone, and don’t plan to.

I’d rather just afford a gal some closure like “sorry but I just don’t think we’re connecting,” or, “thanks for the full body pic but you just don’t have the elite wingspan I’m trying to recruit.”

I’m more like, let’s play music together! Or talk about spirituality! Or start the revolution!
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:43 pm

Take it to the workplace hookups thread.

But yes, in real life is best, you don’t have the weird constructs and relative internet disconnectedness of the apps.

With that said, I’m trying to make the most of the apps by trying to engage in more than just flirty banter, and avoiding the dumb flakiness and ghosting kinda norms. I haven’t ghosted anyone, and don’t plan to.

I’d rather just afford a gal some closure like “sorry but I just don’t think we’re connecting,” or, “thanks for the full body pic but you just don’t have the elite wingspan I’m trying to recruit.”

I’m more like, let’s play music together! Or talk about spirituality! Or start the revolution!
I wish you the best. The dating world is tough.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:43 pm I’m more like, let’s play music together! Or talk about spirituality! Or start the revolution!

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

whoa, 69, nice