Nov 2023: I voted thread

Ugh.
DrPepper

Nov 2023: I voted thread

Post by DrPepper »

PSA: If you are on the Poli-Bored, I assume you give a fuck. Go vote. There are resources freely available and time to figure out your plan. Tuesday, November 7th, 2023 is an election day, and I am fairly certain there is something in your neighborhood to vote for. Most of us can vote today or this weekend... it can't get much easier.

I live in an area with slightly more registered Democrats. However, Republicans get out and vote. If you are not voting, it is a vote for the local crazy candidate.

Use google if you have to. Make your plan.
Last edited by DrPepper on Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Nov 2023: I voted thread

Post by jfish26 »

DrPepper wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:55 am If you are on this page, I assume you give a fuck. Go vote. There are resources freely available and time to figure out your plan. Tuesday, November 7th, 2023 is an election day, and I am fairly certain there is something in your neighborhood to vote for. Most of us can vote today or this weekend... it can't get much easier.

I live in an area with slightly more registered Democrats. However, Republicans get out and vote. If you are not voting, it is a vote for the local crazy candidate.

Amen. AND, if you don’t vote, don’t complain.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

^^^^
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

The rot starts at the school board level.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

I just got back from voting. The average age there was ancient.
There was one short line. It took 6 minutes from when I joined the line to when I left the polling place. Considering that I can go to any early voting location in my entire county, thus they are printing each ballot individually, that is super quick.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

I know I’m not voting for the candidate who wants to close the local library because it had a section they deemed too sexual in nature .😳
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:58 am
DrPepper wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:55 am If you are on this page, I assume you give a fuck. Go vote. There are resources freely available and time to figure out your plan. Tuesday, November 7th, 2023 is an election day, and I am fairly certain there is something in your neighborhood to vote for. Most of us can vote today or this weekend... it can't get much easier.

Amen. AND, if you don’t vote, don’t complain.
Yeah, I used to have that attitude too.
Sad thing is I think I complain more because I DID/DO vote.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

If you are worried that your vote does not count for much, know that it counts for more this year. It is not a Presidential election year, so there are fewer people voting. Therefore, your vote can pull more weight.
Decent people who stay home elect crazies and shills.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

partisan push:
If you do not know who to pick and they all seem like scum, think of it like driving a car. Pick D to drive forward and pick R if you want to go in Reverse. If you want to stay away from the major two parties, pick the candidates on one of those lines, but actually vote for them on a different (minor party) line.
For example, perhaps you want to go in Reverse to the good ol' 1950s with its racism, homophobia, xenophobia, rampant teen pregnancy due to poor sex education, stigmatization of the mentally ill, wife beatings, marital rape, corporal child abuse, and people glorifying war, so you choose to vote for the Republican candidate. But pick him (probably not a female candidate if R) on the Conservative Party line (or whatever similar-sounding party exists in your area with the same candidate listed). That way you do not feel quite so dirty as if you chose him on the Republican line.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DrPepper wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:48 am partisan push:
If you do not know who to pick and they all seem like scum, think of it like driving a car. Pick D to drive forward and pick R if you want to go in Reverse. If you want to stay away from the major two parties, pick the candidates on one of those lines, but actually vote for them on a different (minor party) line.
For example, perhaps you want to go in Reverse to the good ol' 1950s with its racism, homophobia, xenophobia, rampant teen pregnancy due to poor sex education, stigmatization of the mentally ill, wife beatings, marital rape, corporal child abuse, and people glorifying war, so you choose to vote for the Republican candidate. But pick him (probably not a female candidate if R) on the Conservative Party line (or whatever similar-sounding party exists in your area with the same candidate listed). That way you do not feel quite so dirty as if you chose him on the Republican line.
Many, many thanks for your perspective and promotion of voting!

But, be careful, or you're likely to hurt pdub's and Gutter's feelings:

"If you do not know who to pick..."
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Shirley wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:38 am
DrPepper wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:48 am partisan push:
Many, many thanks for your perspective and promotion of voting!

But, be careful, or you're likely to hurt pdub's and Gutter's feelings:

"If you do not know who to pick..."
Nothing for me to ponder. There is nothing for me to vote for tomorrow.
If I had to vote for the November 5th Presidential Election today, neither Biden nor Trump would get my vote.
For vastly different - and some similar - reasons.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I wasn't referring to tomorrow's elections.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas