Jason Bean

Kansas Football.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Jason Bean

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:15 am I say his next career might determine that. He could go full on Lamar Jackson if a pro team is smart.
I think that's part of what makes him special - he really might have had at least a look if he'd used his final year to try to be a receiver somewhere. I hope he still does get a look as a gadget player, but his chances would have been better if he hadn't stuck with us, at QB.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:23 pm
Sparko wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:15 am I say his next career might determine that. He could go full on Lamar Jackson if a pro team is smart.
I think that's part of what makes him special - he really might have had at least a look if he'd used his final year to try to be a receiver somewhere. I hope he still does get a look as a gadget player, but his chances would have been better if he hadn't stuck with us, at QB.
If Skeets Nehemiah could play four seasons in the NFL, then Bean can as well.

You can't teach speed.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

He just has some reads and risks to master. He is better than the Broncos' starter
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:45 pm

You can't teach speed.
Nor, unfortunately, can you teach touch. Apparently.

Love Bean to death, but his…adventures…on throws that need to travel 5-15 yards in the air are probably disqualifying.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:54 am
DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:45 pm

You can't teach speed.
Nor, unfortunately, can you teach touch. Apparently.

Love Bean to death, but his…adventures…on throws that need to travel 5-15 yards in the air are probably disqualifying.
I don't disagree. I think he makes a nice living -- just not as a QB.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

He reminds me of Mahomes in college. Who lacked judgment and touch a lot of times. Having that dude with the ball is pretty awesome. I think he would make a great back-up and gadget guy. Would love to see him on the Chiefs for that reason
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We are lucky to have him but there are so many better quarterbacks in just this singular college football season…but I guess if that jersey pizza kid can play ( and win ) a NFL game, Bean could too.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

He'll make a helluva kick returner and a serviceable receiver.

Heck, at 6'3" he'd make nice Red Zone corner as well.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Seeing him turn the corner at the edge of the the LOS was sublime. Nolan Cromwell had that gift. Laverne Smith. But they would lose a race.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Sparko wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:41 pm He reminds me of Mahomes in college. Who lacked judgment and touch a lot of times. Having that dude with the ball is pretty awesome. I think he would make a great back-up and gadget guy. Would love to see him on the Chiefs for that reason
I really like Bean. But...really? he reminds you if Mahomes in college? for real?

I mean, Mahomes last year he threw for over 5,000 yards and had like 40 TDs
Just Ledoux it
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Bean has an arm, is elusive, and just threw six TDs in a game. He also threw the same sideline picks Mahomes rolled out this year.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Bean played amazing and we were lucky to have him, proud of what he has accomplished.

But he thre for 2100 yds and 18 tds.

Let's not be ridiculous here.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Bean kinda reminds me of Kyle Lowry to be honest.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

definetely has the same tools

I mean, mahome has an arm, bean has an arm, Kyle Lowry has an arm, I have an arm. I also have 2 legs. So I'm pretty much Jason Bean....which, by default means I also might be Kyle Lowry...its inconclusive at this point.
Just Ledoux it
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Track runner speed and a good arm. I think he is worth developing. I didn't last year. Some things have clicked
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

worth developing does not equal he is Mahomes

also, developing....isn't that what 6 years of college....nevermind.

Congrats to Bean, proud he is a Jayhawk.
Just Ledoux it
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:33 pm Bean kinda reminds me of Kyle Lowry to be honest.
I laughed.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

TDub wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:00 pm worth developing does not equal he is Mahomes

also, developing....isn't that what 6 years of college....nevermind.

Congrats to Bean, proud he is a Jayhawk.
The time under Lance was golden
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:53 pm He'll make a [...] serviceable receiver.
I hope I am proven wrong, but this strikes me as extremely underestimating of what goes into being a serviceable receiver.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

This sets up my naïve and honest question, why is being a "good route runner" such a big deal for certain NFL receivers? I was not a football player, so educate me. You follow directions and get the timing right. Is there another part(s) to it, or is that somehow so difficult it gets its own category of superlatives?