Jason Bean

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Jason Bean

Post by pdub »

But like, was he cleared to play?
I’m guessing this will be hush hush but if cleared and we went with Ballard, with no plays rotating in Bean, well, that was pretty dumb.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

There was never a chance that Bean would play; Lance tried getting KSU to be all unsure of who to prepare for; Bush League.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Is this the football version of “Fire Bill Self”?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:52 pm But like, was he cleared to play?
I’m guessing this will be hush hush but if cleared and we went with Ballard, with no plays rotating in Bean, well, that was pretty dumb.
Unless Lance is lying.....

“Just based on practice time and things like that, we had made the decision that it was going to be best to go with Cole and see how that was,” Leipold said. “And he was available if something happened.”
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Well sorry Lance, fucking great plays using the wildcat but if Bean could play and you didn’t play him, you done fucked up.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

pdub wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:45 am Well sorry Lance, fucking great plays using the wildcat but if Bean could play and you didn’t play him, you done fucked up.
Agreed. Seeing this as just another game rather than the monumental opportunity to end the streak that it was is infuriating. Having Bean available for Cincinnati is pretty meaningless compared to having Bean available for K-State.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It’s possible Lance knows Bean well enough to think he’d play even if not recovered from a concussion and was trying his best to protect him from himself.

Who knows.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

JKLivin wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:58 am
pdub wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:45 am Well sorry Lance, fucking great plays using the wildcat but if Bean could play and you didn’t play him, you done fucked up.
Agreed. Seeing this as just another game rather than the monumental opportunity to end the streak that it was is infuriating. Having Bean available for Cincinnati is pretty meaningless compared to having Bean available for K-State.
I have a colleague who works for the neurologist the Chiefs use (no, his name is not Tuby) who told me last week that Bean had been in for evaluation and that there was “no way” he’d play against K-Suck and probably not vs. Cincinnati. I didn’t believe him at the time, but who knows? Maybe he’s done for the year, too. Definitely consistent with the luck the program has had.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

InfiniteJ wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:54 am There was never a chance that Bean would play; Lance tried getting KSU to be all unsure of who to prepare for; Bush League.
Why wouldn't Lance take advantage of anything possible to make K-State's job of preparation more difficult? He doesn't owe them or us, any "transparency".
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

My guess is that Bean was actually never ready or ever going to play. Lance and company might have leaked he would start to affect ksus plan. And now he’s saying Bean was ready to play to cover his ass.

All masterclass if true.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Shirley wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:27 am
InfiniteJ wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:54 am There was never a chance that Bean would play; Lance tried getting KSU to be all unsure of who to prepare for; Bush League.
Why wouldn't Lance take advantage of anything possible to make K-State's job of preparation more difficult? He doesn't owe them or us, any "transparency".
This.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JKLivin wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:02 am
I have a colleague who works for the neurologist the Chiefs use (no, his name is not Tuby) who told me last week that Bean had been in for evaluation and that there was “no way” he’d play against K-Suck and probably not vs. Cincinnati. I didn’t believe him at the time, but who knows? Maybe he’s done for the year, too. Definitely consistent with the luck the program has had.
Sad to hear that your friend is unprofessional and violated Bean's lawful right to privacy. Your friend broke the law, assuming your story is not made up...
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

That occurred to me too, twocoach.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

twocoach wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:09 am

Sad to hear that your friend is unprofessional and violated Bean's lawful right to privacy. Your friend broke the law, assuming your story is not made up...
He did, indeed. Not a choice I would have made personally.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Shirley wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:27 am
You're right; he doesn't owe anyone transparency. I just think that "guess which QB is gonna play" tactic is beneath where this program is now. Line our guys up with their guys and out-coach the other sideline.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Gambling is the main (only?) reason injury reports exist.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I call Bullshit!
You wouldn't have waited until today to tell us that.
You posted various things during the week that implied you thought he may play. Right?
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:38 pm

I call Bullshit!
You posted various things during the week that implied you thought he may play. Right?
Talked to my friend Saturday afternoon about 4:00 EST. Wanted to wait and see what happened.

Or, call b.s. Doesn’t really matter at this point.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

JKLivin wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:42 pm

I call Bullshit!
Talked to my friend Saturday afternoon about 4:00 EST. Wanted to wait and see what happened.

I read "who told me last week" and assumed that meant you were told last week.
Whatever. You're right, it doesn't really matter at this point.
Sucks he didn't play in his last home game - if he was cleared to play.
I hear so much bullshit from the head coach of the NFL team that I support - it's sometimes hard for me to give Lipeold the benefit of my doubt because of it.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:05 pm
JKLivin wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:42 pm

I call Bullshit!

I read "who told me last week" and assumed that meant you were told last week.
Whatever. You're right, it doesn't really matter at this point.
Sucks he didn't play in his last home game - if he was cleared to play.
I hear so much bullshit from the head coach of the NFL team that I support - it's sometimes hard for me to give Lipeold the benefit of my doubt because of it.
I should have written “who told me that last week.” The price of typing while trying to keep a 1 year old from taking a header off the couch, I guess.