Jason Bean

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Jason Bean

Post by pdub »

Again, I don’t think he is void of questioning, but the point is that he’s not the main reason we lost to OSU.

That’s where my response came from in regards to Gutters first post and the one you continue to latch on and claw to.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Devonte Graham isn’t the main reason we lost to Nova.
Ryan Robertson isn’t the main reason we lost to Kentucky.
Wiggins wasn’t the main reason we lost at West Virginia.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

It was a fair and reasonable viewpoint to all facts shown, and he should have (and fairly he was) questioned.

And I could easily argue that I’m way less latched to my viewpoint, as it’s morphed since. But, to not be a cliché,
I’m gonna go be me, P.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

pdub wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:48 am Devonte Graham isn’t the main reason we lost to Nova.
Ryan Robertson isn’t the main reason we lost to Kentucky.
Wiggins wasn’t the main reason we lost at West Virginia.
Wrong thread
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:51 am It was a fair and reasonable viewpoint to all facts shown, and he should have (and fairly he was) questioned.

And I could easily argue that I’m way less latched to my viewpoint, as it’s morphed since. But, to not be a cliché,
I’m gonna go be me, P.
You continue to miss the point though.
Or are intentionally ignoring it.
Just sailing over and over and over again over your head.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

We agree with that about each other here.

I feel I’ve long understood your point. It often refers to his total stats, which are incongruent to his play ‘when it mattered’.

See, we ignoring each other’s thought process.

Because I don’t think you are actually a cunt (American usage), let’s just move on and realize we both care for the success of KU, and on this matter we aren’t going to reach agreement.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It refers to one of the very best games a QB has played in the last 14 years. It refers to a QB who got us 32 points and was directly responsible for every one of them.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Which isn’t the entire story of his game. But I don’t disagree with anything you just said, except maybe the last 14 years one. But I don’t know for sure. At KU, for sure.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The entire story of the Bucknell game isn’t Simiens long catch and back to the basket turnaround that he missed.

It isn’t Priest Holmes fumble after his 170 rushing yards ( and 2 or 3 TDs? ) either.

But you continue to make it that.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

You are literally here trying to keep us hyping Bean in check. You have to realize that.

“Hey he’s been good BUT…”
“Yea he was awesome except…”
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:13 am At KU, for sure.
I meant at KU.
Obviously not in all of CFB.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The point is, and to me this is irrefutable, Bean had one of the best games v OSU we have had a QB have in 14 years, he was responsible for all of our 32 points. Was he perfect? No. If you were to mention the reasons we lost to OSU and bring him up as one of the main ones are you wrong? Yes.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

A good argument for the OSU loss was coaching prep. Some bad play calls. Soft defense against a rag arm QB. OSU had a lucky home schedule too. Played their must win league games at home.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Sparko wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:14 pm A good argument for the OSU loss was coaching prep. Some bad play calls. Soft defense against a rag arm QB. OSU had a lucky home schedule too. Played their must win league games at home.
Again, Sparko posts what I was thinking. And KU is not physically imposing enough to force the run game when the other teams whole game plan is to take that away. It also seems like our D-line gets gassed in the 4th quarter. And yes, OSU's schedule has worked heavily in their favor.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Hey PDub, I must have read past your post accusing me of trying to put the brakes on the Bean Hype train.

I promise you, 100%, that's not the case. I don't dislike Bean at all. Please hype away.

My feelings have morphed about his ability to play well late in games. I hope that continues. I can't comfortably say I'm positive that will continue, but leaning more that way for sure.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yea, I guess I'm getting the general feeling here, on this bored, that several peeps aren't into Bean a. because he's not an elite QB - and he definitely is not and b. that he's not Jalon Daniels.

But he's pretty damn good and he's getting it done and has had some fantastic games at Kansas.
He's at the helm of our best season in a long while.
And people might want to keep that in perspective considering where we've been and what quarterbacks we've had to suffer through.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Was just going to mention this. Was listening to 24/7's Sunday Jayhawk Football podcast. Always enjoy Swain's take.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Redshirt JD6 and let Bean navigate the rest of the season.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

InfiniteJ wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:17 pm Redshirt JD6 and let Bean navigate the rest of the season.
We're a modest favorite over Texas Tech. We will be more than a modest favorite over Cincinnati.

Obviously KSU is, for lots of reasons, the big one. And it'll be fairly close to pick 'em, I think.

So...if Bean gets us to 10-2 (7-2), and into a second-tier bowl...what in the world do you do if JD is healthy and ready to go? I don't think there's a clear, obvious answer.