Contributor

Re: Jason Bean

Post by Sparko »

He matured winning last week. He was awesome
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He made several great throws today against a top 25 defense on the road and got Kansas to the most wins in 15 years.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

I’m glad his success at end of game against OU seems to have carried over to this week. 3 more regular season games of that and we will be good.

Also glad the defense played mostly a good game behind the offense in this game.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:25 pmWinner.
Russ Robb of the 2023 KU Football team.
Crazy thing to me is.....
One of his L - he threw for 410 yards and 5 TD.
One of his W - he threw for 218 yards and 0 TD.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

In the game where he had 410 yards and 5 TDs our defense allowed over 550 yards and 39 points.

Had the defense played even average, or the officials correctly called an offsides, we’d be in complete control of a B12 title appearance.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Yep. The game where he fucked up at the end and his offense, which out scored OSU 25-24 only scored once (on first drive) of second half.

Look, you need validation that your thoughts have always been right. That’s a long time MO of yours.

I don’t mind eating crow that he was better at end of OU game (the last drive was clutch), and last night he was able to play a good full game. We did almost give up almost a 21 point lead (but that’s all on the defense, but nothing to do with offense, right?), but in that momentum switch, the pass to Arnold was a brilliant call and brilliantly executed. We are all happy for that.

All this said, I won’t be fed crow from someone with your ‘my way was the only way’ to view things standpoint.

But, good on ya for having more faith than I had. Don’t mistake that with wanting success more than myself or anyone else that disagreed(s) with you, minus the likes of tmcats.

Rock Chalk, and now let’s all hope for 10 wins (dare I say perhaps 11), even if that doesn’t get us a kinda shitty bowl opponent for those who agree with you there.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

At this point, I’m pretty much done with Daniels.

The fact that he didn’t even make the trip to Ames on his sixth or seventh week of inactivity says a lot - or at least suggests that he doesn’t really care. He’s a better QB than Bean, but the reality is that you go with the guy who’s suited up and ready to go every day.

I respect that Bean got cheap-shotted in the knee last night and came back in after one play. That’s heart and that’s commitment to the team. He’s not a quitter, and has (mostly) shown improvement week over week.

My main metrics of a successful season are 1) beating KSUck and 2) getting a bowl game win. I’m more hopeful about those today than I was two weeks ago.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Maybe he had back spasms right before travel so travel would be painful and potentially bad for him?

And ya, I will now be shocked if he is an option the rest of the season.

Your injury analysis is brutal, btw. We are all glad could come back and play. I highly doubt Daniels would choose not to play if he could, or was advised it was his best option. That said, NIL conspiracy theories do make one go, hmmmm here.

K-State should be a good game. Hope the team can get up for Tech this weekend with K-State looming.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:13 am Yep. The game where he fucked up at the end and his offense, which out scored OSU 25-24 only scored once (on first drive) of second half.

Look, you need validation that your thoughts have always been right. That’s a long time MO of yours.

I don’t mind eating crow that he was better at end of OU game (the last drive was clutch), and last night he was able to play a good full game. We did almost give up almost a 21 point lead (but that’s all on the defense, but nothing to do with offense, right?), but in that momentum switch, the pass to Arnold was a brilliant call and brilliantly executed. We are all happy for that.

All this said, I won’t be fed crow from someone with your ‘my way was the only way’ to view things standpoint.

But, good on ya for having more faith than I had. Don’t mistake that with wanting success more than myself or anyone else that disagreed(s) with you, minus the likes of tmcats.

Rock Chalk, and now let’s all hope for 10 wins (dare I say perhaps 11), even if that doesn’t get us a kinda shitty bowl opponent for those who agree with you there.
I don’t need validation I am pointing out facts. Those are stats that happened. If it keeps coming up that Bean was to blame for the OSU loss I will continue to point out facts.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Lance said the team doctors didn't want JD on a long bus ride.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Bean definitely had a part in the loss to OSU. If we could only count first half stats, he would have had a career day and led them to the win, and been absolutely wow!

Unfortunately, he would have also, but really of no fault of his own, been the losing QB in the OU game.

But it’s less than genuine to only use the stats that support your argument.

I really dislike doing this with you, mostly because of how you argue things, as it’s kinda cunty (British usage, of course), but also bc I feel like I’m rooting against KU or a player (absolutely not the case).

And I know I’m a cunt, so don’t worry about that.

Onto Tech and hopefully win 8.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Your argument is flawed though.
That’s the point.
People who blame Wayne Simien for the loss v Bucknell are wrong in doing so. He had the best performance in that game.

Yes he had the chance to win it and didn’t but that’s ignoring everything before that ( 24 points, 10 rebounds ). And ignoring the bigger issue: that Giddens and Miles combined for 1-12.

And also yet, here you are, on a thread about how our starting QB just won one of the biggest games for the program for a while, just trying to be sure you keep him in check.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Bean had a great performance in the first half. Out of this world-like. But not so much in the second. And you blindly don’t even recognize that as a contributing factor.

If we gonna love on him for final drive at OU (we should), and give him credit for him leading the team to victory, it’s ok to see flaws in second half of the OSU game, and attribute some of the reason for loss to his lack of execution.

I know I never put the entire game on him, and have agreed with your defense and officiating points. But you need to drum that it was in no way Bean’s fault, and state he had a career game.

Sucks his career game was a loss. Wish it would have been a win. But stupid defense. Stupid officials. It’s their fault he didn’t execute what he could control towards the end of that game.

Really glad he seems to be starting to figure that out. Kinda sucks he’s doing that with 5 games left in his time at KU. Wish him continued growth and success.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Not trying to keep anyone in check, Lol.

That’s dumb.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I’ve never said none of it was Beans fault.
Simien could also have hit that shot.
Priest Holmes could have not fumbled v the Colts in 03.

But the point is they aren’t the main reason for the loss. And not even close to it.

The defense gave up 550 plus yards and 39 points.
Giddens and Miles couldn’t hit a shot to save their lives.
The Chiefs defense couldn’t even get Manning and the Colts to punt.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:28 am Not trying to keep anyone in check, Lol.

That’s dumb.
Then why are you continuing in this thread about how Bean rules ( and he does ) insisting “hey! He’s not that good! Remember the end of the OSU game!”.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

I have never once suggested he’s not that good. I argued at the time, and still believe what I did at OSU game.

My thoughts and attitudes have moved to a less puckered state regarding his late play capabilities the last drive of OU and last night.

I’m
Continuing to argue with you because I’m dumb. Not in my thoughts or viewpoints regarding this, but because it’s generally not fun to argue with you.

With continued KU success, I look forward to your ah-ha told you so moments for weeks to come. It’s pretty awesome, and reminds me of….yeah Nevermind.

Cheers man, enjoy your Chiefs the rest of the morning. Hope they beat the Dolphins.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I like it when our players do well.
I don’t like it when I feel like our players are unfairly shat on.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Me either. But he deserved some questioning based on performance to that point. And we can agree to disagree.