#18 wins by 32
#19 wins by 16
#21 wins by 13
#22 wins by 27
#23 wins by 79
#24 wins by 32
#25 wins by 28
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: 2023/2024 NCAA Season

Post by pdub »

Stan is not good.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... /401598037

in other news, kitties lost.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

lol…3 of their starters combined for 10 of 44 shooting
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

At least Kansas State lost to a ranked team. Okie State lost their opener to Abilene Christian.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

5 Worthless facts for the day.......

1. Stan (Stanislaus State) beat Academy of Art University by 6 last season. How bad can they be?

2. If someone told you Kobe, Isaiah, D.J., LeBron, and Boggie were all going to play together on a college team, you would expect them to win every game. Right?
USC has Kobe (not Bryant), Isaiah (not Thomas), D.J. (not Dennis Johnson), LeBron (yes - James), and Boogie (not Cousins) on their team.

3. The Abilene Christian head coach Brette (yes - with an E on the end) Tanner was the head coach at Fort Scott.

4. 6 guys on the CBS Sports website all picked a team to play in the National Championship game. That team is NOT Kansas. The team IS Purdue.
https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... -champion/

5. Last season Grinnell scored 76 in their first game, then scored 155 in their second game, and gave up 126 in their 3rd game.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:13 am At least Kansas State lost to a ranked team. Okie State lost their opener to Abilene Christian.
Holy shit.

KState's Tylor Perry was 4-12.

From 3.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:04 pm
twocoach wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:13 am At least Kansas State lost to a ranked team. Okie State lost their opener to Abilene Christian.
Holy shit.

KState's Tylor Perry was 4-12.

From 3.
For reference, Jalen Wilson, who I considered to be a pretty high volume scorer, never shot more than 10 threes in a game.

If KSU is going to have one dude chucking up that volume of shots then it's going to be a bumpy ride for them.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

wtf is Incarnate Word?

Texas? what is this?
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TDub wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:00 pm wtf is Incarnate Word?

Texas? what is this?
This comes to mind.

AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Indiana taken to the wire by Florida Gulf coast at home.
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

Tyon Grant-Foster in just his second game since leaving Kansas went off for 30 in his debut for Grand Canyon.
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

Is there a particular secondary ticket site better than others? Stubhub? Seatgeek? I don't think I've ever used one. Planning to go to the Champion's Classic.

Is there a good strategy for when to buy? Like, as late as possible, as long as there are a decent amount of tickets still available?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

mjl2 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:36 pm Is there a particular secondary ticket site better than others? Stubhub? Seatgeek? I don't think I've ever used one. Planning to go to the Champion's Classic.

Is there a good strategy for when to buy? Like, as late as possible, as long as there are a decent amount of tickets still available?
Tickets for the CC are ridiculously expensive in the secondary market. Heck, face value is expensive.

Answer to your first question is PROBABLY no. I find none are necessarily "better" than the others.
Fwiw (not much) twice in the last couple of years I have been fucked by Stubhub and once by Vivid. That being said, eventually they both made it right but not after major hassles.

Answer to your second and third questions are...For ME, the best strategy for peace of mind is to buy early. Yes, you will pay more but if peace of mind is more important than some money that won't change your life one way or the other, then pay up and buy now.
If the money truly does matter, then yes - it's is PROBABLY best to wait it out. Tickets will PROBABLY get cheaper being that there are many available.
I would NOT wait until the last minute (meaning a few hours before the games) to buy from a "secondary site". Main reason being if someone doesn't transfer their ticket/s right away, it becomes a pain in the ass waiting - or possibly not even getting them and then hoping the secondary site finds you a comparable replacement - which takes time. I just went through that with Stubhub for a Northwestern Football game. Wanted to get in early. Never was sent the ticket. Had to continuously harp on Stubhub to get me a replacement. Had to wait until about 10 minutes before kickoff to finally get the replacement.

Thing to remember is the CC is on a Tuesday. Not too many college kids will be traveling for this. Most people who want tickets either have them already or are waiting it out until they get cheaper.

Side note - I'm typically given a ticket. For some unknown reason my company chose NOT to get tickets this year. Thus, I will not be given a ticket.
I will NOT pay more than a couple of hundred for a ticket and I will not sit in a bad seat - so it looks like I am not going to the games. While of course it's enjoyable to be in the atmosphere, staying home (or going somewhere) and watching on TV isn't a terrible secondary option.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

TDub wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:00 pm wtf is Incarnate Word?

Texas? what is this?
It’s what Ousdahl gets on Tinder dates.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

AlOerter wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:36 pm Indiana taken to the wire by Florida Gulf coast at home.
Mgbako with just 4 points in 18 minutes for IU. Mark Cuban's NIL investment is not exactly nailing it on this episode of Shark Tank.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Not only have I heard of Incarnate Word, I am fully aware they have played against Big 12 schools in the past. I guess I care about college basketball beyond/besides KU. :?

I also happened to know this (not that I expect/ed anyone else to)....

https://www.sanantoniomag.com/the-educa ... -robinson/
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:17 am
mjl2 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:36 pm Is there a particular secondary ticket site better than others? Stubhub? Seatgeek? I don't think I've ever used one. Planning to go to the Champion's Classic.

Tickets for the CC are ridiculously expensive in the secondary market. Heck, face value is expensive.

Answer to your first question is PROBABLY no. I find none are necessarily "better" than the others.
Fwiw (not much) twice in the last couple of years I have been fucked by Stubhub and once by Vivid. That being said, eventually they both made it right but not after major hassles.

Answer to your second and third questions are...For ME, the best strategy for peace of mind is to buy early. Yes, you will pay more but if peace of mind is more important than some money that won't change your life one way or the other, then pay up and buy now.
If the money truly does matter, then yes - it's is PROBABLY best to wait it out. Tickets will PROBABLY get cheaper being that there are many available.
I would NOT wait until the last minute (meaning a few hours before the games) to buy from a "secondary site". Main reason being if someone doesn't transfer their ticket/s right away, it becomes a pain in the ass waiting - or possibly not even getting them and then hoping the secondary site finds you a comparable replacement - which takes time. I just went through that with Stubhub for a Northwestern Football game. Wanted to get in early. Never was sent the ticket. Had to continuously harp on Stubhub to get me a replacement. Had to wait until about 10 minutes before kickoff to finally get the replacement.

Thing to remember is the CC is on a Tuesday. Not too many college kids will be traveling for this. Most people who want tickets either have them already or are waiting it out until they get cheaper.

Side note - I'm typically given a ticket. For some unknown reason my company chose NOT to get tickets this year. Thus, I will not be given a ticket.
I will NOT pay more than a couple of hundred for a ticket and I will not sit in a bad seat - so it looks like I am not going to the games. While of course it's enjoyable to be in the atmosphere, staying home (or going somewhere) and watching on TV isn't a terrible secondary option.
Thanks Gutter.
There are secondary market tickets that are priced better than face value. I just don't want to have buyers remorse. I think your way of looking at it is more rational.

I go to sporting events little enough and enjoy college basketball enough that I don't mind paying, oh, say, 300 for decent seats
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

mjl2 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:03 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:17 am

Thanks Gutter.
There are secondary market tickets that are priced better than face value. I just don't want to have buyers remorse. I think your way of looking at it is more rational.

I go to sporting events little enough and enjoy college basketball enough that I don't mind paying, oh, say, 300 for decent seats
I was chatting with a buddy of mine and he said he had played 45 rounds of golf this year. "You should play more golf" says my wife and I reminded her that at probably $50 a round, what that guy just described was a $2,000-$3,000 a year hobby when you factor in all the gear and equipment.

I don't play golf so I don't mind spending a few bucks on MY hobby.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

The Cuse dome looking mostly empty tonight against Canisius in the post Boeheim era.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Manhattan has a player named
信义