2023/2024 NCAA Season

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: 2023/2024 NCAA Season

Post by ousdahl »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:38 am Manhattan has a player named
信义
How do you pronounce that…General Tso?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:38 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:38 am Manhattan has a player named
信义
How do you pronounce that…General Tso?
Not sure. However you pronounce
Xinyi Li

They also have a player named רזיאל חיון
I figure a bunch of KU students can chant - From the River to the Sea. Or even better/worse - Fuck Israel - if he enters the game.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

casual racism is so much fun!
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

I thought it was the tattoo on Riley Reid’s back. Admittedly, I’ve never tried to find out its meaning, but I understand its purpose.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:28 am casual racism is so much fun!
Sorry.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:43 pm
Sorry.
I'm not.

Here is a joke.... A Chinese guy who plays for Manhattan, an Israeli guy who plays for Manhattan, and a Lithuanian guy who plays for Manhattan, all walk in to Allen Fieldhouse.
The Chinese guy asks, 加拉格尔教练,我可以去看看篮球原来的规则吗?
The Israeli guy asks, המאמן גלאגר, מה לעזאזל מתכוון היזהרו מהפוג?
The Lithuanian guys asks, Kas, po velnių, negerai su Gutteriu?

If anyone bothers to do the translation, it's actually not a terrible joke.
Last edited by RainbowsandUnicorns on Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:28 pm
Sorry.
I'm not.

Here is a joke.... A Chinese guy who plays for Manhattan, an Israeli guy who plays for Manhattan, and a Lithuanian guy who plays for Manhattan, all walk in to Allen Field House.

Wrong. It is a terrible joke. What is wrong with you?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

AlOerter wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:29 pm

Sorry.
I'm not.

Here is a joke.... A Chinese guy who plays for Manhattan, an Israeli guy who plays for Manhattan, and a Lithuanian guy who plays for Manhattan, all walk in to Allen Field House.

In other words....
Either a. You didn't do the translation or b. You are playing on the punch line.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:41 pm

I'm not.

In other words....
Either a. You didn't do the translation or b. You are playing on the punch line.
b.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

AlOerter wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:19 pm
In other words....
b.
The more I think about it, it really isn't a good joke.
In all seriousness, I hope ALL the kids on Manhattan enjoy their experience in Allen.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk KU!
Or as the Israeli kid might say to me..... היית פעם כמו סלע עכשיו אתה רך כאבן גיר.
Translation - You were a rock once, now you're crumbling like old chalk. :lol:
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:50 pm
AlOerter wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:19 pm

In other words....
b.
The more I think about it, it really isn't a good joke.
In all seriousness, I hope ALL the kids on Manhattan enjoy their experience in Allen.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk KU!
Or as the Israeli kid might say to me..... היית פעם כמו סלע עכשיו אתה רך כאבן גיר.
Translation - You were a rock once, now you're crumbling like old chalk. :lol:
Now that's funny.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Nice to see #2 Duke lose at home to # 12 Arizona.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:54 am Nice to see #2 Duke lose at home to # 12 Arizona.
Nice to see Jeremy Roach be the answer to a trivia question.
Who was the only Dook player to play in Coach K's last loss in Cameron and Collins' first loss in Cameron?
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:17 am
mjl2 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:36 pm Is there a particular secondary ticket site better than others? Stubhub? Seatgeek? I don't think I've ever used one. Planning to go to the Champion's Classic.

Is there a good strategy for when to buy? Like, as late as possible, as long as there are a decent amount of tickets still available?
Tickets for the CC are ridiculously expensive in the secondary market. Heck, face value is expensive.

Answer to your first question is PROBABLY no. I find none are necessarily "better" than the others.
Fwiw (not much) twice in the last couple of years I have been fucked by Stubhub and once by Vivid. That being said, eventually they both made it right but not after major hassles.

Answer to your second and third questions are...For ME, the best strategy for peace of mind is to buy early. Yes, you will pay more but if peace of mind is more important than some money that won't change your life one way or the other, then pay up and buy now.
If the money truly does matter, then yes - it's is PROBABLY best to wait it out. Tickets will PROBABLY get cheaper being that there are many available.
I would NOT wait until the last minute (meaning a few hours before the games) to buy from a "secondary site". Main reason being if someone doesn't transfer their ticket/s right away, it becomes a pain in the ass waiting - or possibly not even getting them and then hoping the secondary site finds you a comparable replacement - which takes time. I just went through that with Stubhub for a Northwestern Football game. Wanted to get in early. Never was sent the ticket. Had to continuously harp on Stubhub to get me a replacement. Had to wait until about 10 minutes before kickoff to finally get the replacement.

Thing to remember is the CC is on a Tuesday. Not too many college kids will be traveling for this. Most people who want tickets either have them already or are waiting it out until they get cheaper.

Side note - I'm typically given a ticket. For some unknown reason my company chose NOT to get tickets this year. Thus, I will not be given a ticket.
I will NOT pay more than a couple of hundred for a ticket and I will not sit in a bad seat - so it looks like I am not going to the games. While of course it's enjoyable to be in the atmosphere, staying home (or going somewhere) and watching on TV isn't a terrible secondary option.
Got ticket on StubHub. Seemed like a good deal relative to the other available tickets for the past several days. But man, had to pay $100 in fees.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

mjl2 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:56 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:17 am
mjl2 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:36 pm Is there a particular secondary ticket site better than others? Stubhub? Seatgeek? I don't think I've ever used one. Planning to go to the Champion's Classic.

Is there a good strategy for when to buy? Like, as late as possible, as long as there are a decent amount of tickets still available?
Tickets for the CC are ridiculously expensive in the secondary market. Heck, face value is expensive.

Answer to your first question is PROBABLY no. I find none are necessarily "better" than the others.
Fwiw (not much) twice in the last couple of years I have been fucked by Stubhub and once by Vivid. That being said, eventually they both made it right but not after major hassles.

Answer to your second and third questions are...For ME, the best strategy for peace of mind is to buy early. Yes, you will pay more but if peace of mind is more important than some money that won't change your life one way or the other, then pay up and buy now.
If the money truly does matter, then yes - it's is PROBABLY best to wait it out. Tickets will PROBABLY get cheaper being that there are many available.
I would NOT wait until the last minute (meaning a few hours before the games) to buy from a "secondary site". Main reason being if someone doesn't transfer their ticket/s right away, it becomes a pain in the ass waiting - or possibly not even getting them and then hoping the secondary site finds you a comparable replacement - which takes time. I just went through that with Stubhub for a Northwestern Football game. Wanted to get in early. Never was sent the ticket. Had to continuously harp on Stubhub to get me a replacement. Had to wait until about 10 minutes before kickoff to finally get the replacement.

Thing to remember is the CC is on a Tuesday. Not too many college kids will be traveling for this. Most people who want tickets either have them already or are waiting it out until they get cheaper.

Side note - I'm typically given a ticket. For some unknown reason my company chose NOT to get tickets this year. Thus, I will not be given a ticket.
I will NOT pay more than a couple of hundred for a ticket and I will not sit in a bad seat - so it looks like I am not going to the games. While of course it's enjoyable to be in the atmosphere, staying home (or going somewhere) and watching on TV isn't a terrible secondary option.
Got ticket on StubHub. Seemed like a good deal relative to the other available tickets for the past several days. But man, had to pay $100 in fees.
You're in! Glad to hear/read it!
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

If anyone needed proof that Mizzou is no longer Kansas' biggest rival, they lost last night at home to an 0-5 Jackson State team that lost to Cal Baptist by 14 and NO ONE has made fun of them here yet. Too funny.

So much for the "Dennis Gates is putting Mizzou back on the map"
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

They are still our biggest rival.
But they are also wonderfully irrelevant ( in basketball ).

I've actually hate watched them in football a few times for a quarter or so this season.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:46 am They are still our biggest rival.
But they are also wonderfully irrelevant ( in basketball ).
This.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

one of the consequences of conf realignment. we may not have a true "biggest" rival at the moment. one or two might be bigger than the others. but we may not have a "blood thirsty i hate your guts" rival at this time.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"