Re: T-Day

Post by jhawks99 »

When I do cook, dinner is usually around 3
Defense. Rebounds.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Same here, 99. Dinner with relatives at their house. Probably never again.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

The Last Waltz was a concert by the Canadian-American rock group The Band, held on American Thanksgiving Day at Winterland Ballroom in San Francisco. The Last Waltz was advertised as The Band's "farewell concert appearance", and the concert had The Band joined by more than a dozen special guests, including their previous employers Ronnie Hawkins and Bob Dylan, as well as Paul Butterfield, Bobby Charles, Eric Clapton, Neil Diamond, Emmylou Harris, Dr. John, Joni Mitchell, Van Morrison, Ringo Starr, Muddy Waters, Ronnie Wood, and Neil Young.

The concert was produced and managed by Bill Graham and was filmed by director Martin Scorsese, who made it into a documentary of the same title
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

man.

ever since the passing of Uncle Don, and the ostracizing of Uncle Rick, there's been a void going forward; a question of who will now be the kookiest relative at Thanksgiving.

I figured it'd be me, cuz man what an opportunity! Except I tend to be less the center of attention, and rather more shy, at bigger social gatherings.

my brother, otoh, says, "hold my beer and watch THIS."

once the food is ready, the cousins hosting the dinner gathers us all together. They express thanks, and say grace. Off to a good start! Nobody's said anything outrageous or conspiratorial or otherwise pissed anyone else off.

Then, once everyone is plated and seated and digging in, a certain silence comes upon the house. Brother seizes the opportunity to break the silence with,

"so where's the nearest gentleman's club?"

Bravo, bro, bravo! I couldn't have elicited a better reaction if I stood up and spewed communist propaganda.

after everyone - everyone! - voiced one objection or another to the comment, of course they expect me to chime in, despite me trying to hide my laughter in the mashed taters. All I could muster was what I can only imagine everyone was wondering deep down:

"...well, is the club open on Thanksgiving?"
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If this really happened it is very funny.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

if...?!

what next, you gonna try and claim BeaverFever is just a sock too?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I thought that was a given
Just Ledoux it