Official Jayhawks Dominate the Kitties Thread

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Official Jayhawks Dominate the Kitties Thread

Post by pdub »

I think Kentucky will end up being good ( really good, I dunno, not sold on Cal as a top coach anymore ).
But TDub is right.
I think we'll get some better shooting from McCullar, Furphy and Timberlake.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Shirley wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:22 am
KUTradition wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:01 pm there is literally no team i like beating better than kentucky
For me, it's a tossup between UK and Duke.

But, yeah!
with K that was definitely the case

for whatever reason, i don’t really have as much of an issue with them with scheyer at the helm
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:47 am I think Kentucky will end up being good ( really good, I dunno, not sold on Cal as a top coach anymore ).
But TDub is right.
I think we'll get some better shooting from McCullar, Furphy and Timberlake.

oh I think UK will be good. They are very athletic and talented. I just think the will improve less over the year than we will.

There is also something to be said about how Kansas teams remain calm and focused and always continue to fight when when down and things not going well. Very few teams have thay resolve and mental toughness
Just Ledoux it
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

this is a nice win. on the big stage. in mid november. i love it.

last night makes 4 straight wins in the cc. nobody else has done that. i love it.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"there is literally no team i like beating better than kentucky"

MIZZOU for me ( even though it's so complicated in not wanting to play them in the first place )
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Speaking of remaining calm and focused, Parker Braun moves like he's stoned.
Was he stoned?
Is he always stoned?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

TDub wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:55 am There is also something to be said about how Kansas teams remain calm and focused and always continue to fight when when down and things not going well. Very few teams have thay resolve and mental toughness
our big 4 have 15+ years of semipro collegiate like athletics experience. they are veterans. they should never panic. never get rattled. they have all done it. did it. been there.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

To say we were lucky that none of UK's three 7-footers were on the floor, is a gross understatement.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Shirley wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:32 am To say we were lucky that none of UK's three 7-footers were on the floor, is a gross understatement.
that was my initial thought as well

however, had they been available it seems likely that uk would’ve played a slightly different style, and that those 9 first half threes wouldn’t have happened

those big bodies would have also negated at least some of uk’s athleticism
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

The lack of punch off the bench is going to be a definite issue.

Braun is never going to be more than what we saw last night.

Elmarko will be good once he gets out of his own head (hopefully that's this year).

Furphy has as good of a shot to make an impact as anyone else coming off the bench once he gets caught up (again, hopefully this year).

I'm intrigued by McDowell...I know he didn't play much, but he definitely doesn't look overwhelmed by the moment(s)

Timberlake...dude looks like he's in over his head...I know it's early, but if he's not hitting 3's, then it's pointless to have him on the court.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’m not sure who is more/most important among those 4 newcomers (Jamari, Nick, Furphy, or Elmarko)

i’m tempted to say it’s Furphy or Nick for their outside shooting alone
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

right now we have no bench. so they better do whatever. and speed that process up.

we will need something from a bench next week. when we are playing 3 games in 3 days.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:54 am i’m not sure who is more/most important among those 4 newcomers (Jamari, Nick, Furphy, or Elmarko)

i’m tempted to say it’s Furphy or Nick for their outside shooting alone
Furphy and elmarko
Just Ledoux it
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

I know someone keeps barking about at least one newcomer having a OAD type year for the team to reach its full potential. I can’t remember who it is though.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:07 am I know someone keeps barking about at least one newcomer having a OAD type year for the team to reach its full potential. I can’t remember who it is though.
someone was saying scouts were drooling over Furphy and that he wasn’t likely to be here past this season

obviously that could still be the case, given that drafting on potential is definitely a thing, but i wonder how many nights like last night it’ll take before that shine starts to fade
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Bill loves to recruit those super athletic kids who can't shoot.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Shirley wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:32 am To say we were lucky that none of UK's three 7-footers were on the floor, is a gross understatement.
Every one of then you put on the floor takes minutes out of the game from one of the guards who was canning threes left and right so maybe if they had them, UK doesnt have 9 first half threes. And maybe our team isn't torched on drives to the rack by a fast guard every other possession.

You don't just add a player, you replace one.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:23 pm
Back2Lawrence wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:07 am I know someone keeps barking about at least one newcomer having a OAD type year for the team to reach its full potential. I can’t remember who it is though.
someone was saying scouts were drooling over Furphy and that he wasn’t likely to be here past this season

obviously that could still be the case, given that drafting on potential is definitely a thing, but i wonder how many nights like last night it’ll take before that shine starts to fade
"Someone" says lots of things that turn out to not be accurate.

I'd put the odds of him being a 3 year player higher than the odds of him being a 1 year player.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Freshman. Big stage. He will figure it out in time to be drafted on potential