5 Questions for the last Friday before Thanksgiving

Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

5 Questions for the last Friday before Thanksgiving

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

3 questions that are Thanksgiving based and 2 that are not.

1. Where will you have your Thanksgiving meal? (Town and at who's home/restaurant)

2. You are forced to attend a black tie wedding. On the way to the venue your tux/dress gets completely ruined. You have no choice but to attend and wear one of the following outfits. Which do you choose?

a.Image

b.

c.

d.

e.

f.

3. Right or wrong, I believe in the USA more food is consumed on Thanksgiving Day (and night) than any other day of the year. Let's say there are 300 million Americans who will be eating a meal on Thanksgiving Day. How many collective pounds of shit do you think will be excreted between 11:00am Central time on November 23rd and 11:00am Central time on November 24th?

4. I have a problem with the usage of the word AMAZING. I find it's typically dumb (or at least not smart) people who abuse the word. I know two people in particular who probably use the word 25 times a day.
What (if any) word/s do you feel are used way too frequently?

5. Who do you think will win the Thanksgiving games between the Packers at the Lions, the Commanders at the Cowboys, and the 49ers at the Seahawks?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: 5 Questions for the last Friday before Thanksgiving

Post by jhawks99 »

1) My house. Get to cook for the grandkids.

2)A

3) A butt load.

4) Not so much lately, but my youngest daughter loved to literally use the word literally way too often. Mostly incorrectly.

5)Lions, Cowboys, 9ers
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

1. No way am I giving specific town details to people on this bored but on a house off Penobscot Bay at GBUD's.
2. b
3. 380 million pounds
4. I do sometimes and try to get it out of my conversation but 'like' can be some people's every fourth word
5. What 99 said
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

1.) Pentwater, MI with the in-laws (assuming weather allows). I can provide the address if anyone wants to stalk me.
2.) b
3.) Break up with her
4.) My new annoyance is people who respond to everything with "hundred percent," although, since moving to this part of the country a year ago, "gosh" (pronounced "gaaash")is rapidly moving up the list.
5.) My in-laws are rabid Lions fans and hate the Chiefs, so I will likely sit quietly pretending to root for the Lions while inwardly hoping they loose. And no non-sociopath roots for the Cowboys, so, yeah. Hundred percent, bro.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

1. Too soon for a hotel in Overland Park joke? LOL I’m going to Michigan
2. What am I supposed to answer if my tux was already (b)…guess I’ll go naked as the hot springs thread
3. When I worked that y’all tourists bullshit, the Friday after thanksgiving yielded more clogged toilet maintenance calls than any other day of the year
4. Misuse of literally makes me figuratively insane.
5. I asked my dad michhawk if we could go to the Lions game for thanksgiving, and suggested that it could be a fun family thing to do. He replied, “but I’ve been to Lions games before.” I said I hadn’t. He said that’s my problem.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

1. I’m staying in LFK. North of the River to start, then mostly West over by where Self lives for dinner.

2.C. I’ve lost a lot of weight in last two months because of gut stuffs, and am proud and wanna show it off.

3. I don’t care as long as no one else uses my toilet.

4. Using literally wrong literally makes me cringe and feel awkward. Not the vibe I like to have.

5. Meh.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Interesting -
Seems "literally" is the word of the day. JK calling me out for my 100%.
Seems Michigan is the majority destination for Thanksgiving.

My answers....

1. Highland Park Illinois - Cousin's
2. F
3. 134 million pounds of SHIT.
4. AMAZING
5. Lions/Boys/9ers
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

1. SLC, at my own crib

2. g. i either wear the damaged monkey suit (since i already went to trouble of procuring one), or i go dumb and dumber style

3. 150 million pounds, give or take

4. “literally” is a good one, but i’ll also ad “irregardless”

5. probably couldn’t care less
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

1. Saguache CO; we were invited to spend the day with the KC Mafia.

2. A. I once went to a KC Chamber of Commerce event and they asked us to "dress as our hero". Lots of founding fathers, social justice warriors, political leaders and captains of industry, etc. There was only one person who bought a human size slab of foam and hollowed it out to get inside and be SpongeBob. My daughters used to wear it around the house for fun for years afterwards.

3. It's a complicated calculation. Some will become constipated and not evacuate their bowel until no less than 24 hrs later. There is a variation in the size and age of the participants. Some will die of heart attack and empty their entire bowel in one massive shit.

Factoring all of this in, the number is approximately 56,250 tons.

4. "fabulous" and "intellectually honest".

5. Lions/Cowboys/49ers
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

japhy wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:58 pm 1. Saguache CO
I have mixed feelings about Saguache.

There is that cool antique place that all of those vintage Jeeps (Cool)
The entire place is blasphemed by Trump signs and banners (Sad)

Also, a stop at the gas station in Saguache is like a mash up of episodes of:
The Beverley Hillbillies
America's Most Wanted
Cops
Hannity
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Overlander wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:40 pm
japhy wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:58 pm 1. Saguache CO
I have mixed feelings about Saguache.

There is that cool antique place that all of those vintage Jeeps (Cool)
The entire place is blasphemed by Trump signs and banners (Sad)

Also, a stop at the gas station in Saguache is like a mash up of episodes of:
The Beverley Hillbillies
America's Most Wanted
Cops
Hannity
It's kind like Seneca, MO but with real mountains and no Sonic.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.