Maui Invitational 2023

Kansas Basketball.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Maui Invitational 2023

Post by Shirley »

Overlander wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:24 pm
Back2Lawrence wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:23 pm Meh, all this crap is dismissive of other teams actually being talented. Dislike.
Exactly.
^^^
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Finally sitting down to watch today's game. McDowell played great today and may be our best bench player in the very near future.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

twocoach wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:30 pm Finally sitting down to watch today's game. McDowell played great today and may be our best bench player in the very near future.
he may be now

im not sure if that's a compliment to his progress or an insult to the others lack therof
Just Ledoux it
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

InfiniteJ: yeah. Southern Illi. Too many state states.
Last edited by Sparko on Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

TDub wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:32 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:30 pm Finally sitting down to watch today's game. McDowell played great today and may be our best bench player in the very near future.
he may be now

im not sure if that's a compliment to his progress or an insult to the others lack therof
My horses are with boomerang boi.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:57 pm
TDub wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:32 pm
he may be now

My horses are with boomerang boi.
I think thats probably the best bet long term anyway
Just Ledoux it
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

It may depend on matchups between Furphy and McDowell. Speaking of matchups, I think we would have matched up better with Purdue than Marquette.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Any team with good/great team speed is going to give KU fits this year.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:20 pm Well, to be fair, Shaka DID play his Super Bowl last night.
Do you truly believe that? I don't.

Marquette is good. They were good last year too.

I hate Shaka too, but you sound silly. I don't think any mid November match up is a super bowl for top 10 teams.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Marquette kind of pulled a Dayton and peaked a bit early. But never spike the ball in November. They went little brothery.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

does anyone serious NOT think that shaka gets a little more juiced by beating Kansas and Self?

for christ’s sake, Huggy even had a clause in his contract specifically addressing such wins

beating not only a blue blood, but also a HOF’r is absolutely a bigger deal than the overwhelming majority of other wins, regardless of whether or not marquette is currently top 10
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Shaka does out Bill-Bill a bit.

Also, Shakas career trajectory got enhanced a lot by the tourney victory over HCBS
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:18 am does anyone serious NOT think that shaka gets a little more juiced by beating Kansas and Self?

for christ’s sake, Huggy even had a clause in his contract specifically addressing such wins

beating not only a blue blood, but also a HOF’r is absolutely a bigger deal than the overwhelming majority of other wins, regardless of whether or not marquette is currently top 10
Obviously. Everyone does. Especially when KU is #1. I think it's pretty obvious Bill and Shaka hate each other.

It still wasn't their "super bowl" imo. That's taking it to an entire different level than what you're saying in your post.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:18 am does anyone serious NOT think that shaka gets a little more juiced by beating Kansas and Self?

Beating any Top 5 team, especially #1, is a huge thing for a program such as Marquette. It's a great thing to point at in recruiting to show that your program and the way you are doing things works. It doesn't bother me that Smart gets excited to beat KU. It just bothers me that he is yelling expletives at players and having to be faux restrained in some sort of childish performance art to show how engaged and energetic he is. Grow the fuck up and be a professional.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DeletedUser wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:31 am

Obviously. Everyone does. Especially when KU is #1. I think it's pretty obvious Bill and Shaka hate each other.

It still wasn't their "super bowl" imo. That's taking it to an entire different level than what you're saying in your post.
The stupid "we're their Super Bowl" comments are just people trying to feel better about themselves. It's dumb and lazy. KU gets amped up a little extra to play Top 10 teams, too.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i guess we’re just another top ten team
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:11 am i guess we’re just another top ten team
I don't think anyone is saying that.

I am pretty sure KU is widely recognized as a top 2 or 3 program, at worst, by the vast majority of people, even the biggest of haters. And many people's #1.

But that wasn't Marquette's "super bowl" for the season. In mid november. In the semis of the Maui classic.

It would have been Mizzou's super bowl though. Well, if they were actually good enough to get invited to the Maui classic and win a game.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

if we found ourselves with a coaching vacancy. shaka would be near the top of our very short list. probably be our second phone call if jeremy case turns it down.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:40 am if we found ourselves with a coaching vacancy. shaka would be near the top of our very short list. probably be our second phone call if jeremy case turns it down.
🤣🤣🤣

Some of your best work. 👌
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

DeletedUser wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:31 am

What makes you think Bill Self and Shaka Smart hate each? I don't believe that to be true.
I do believe Shaka is cocky and he feels Self is on a pedestal - he would like to be on.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.