Sunflower Showdown Late Starting Game Thread. Pdub Approved, but it’s only because we starting 3rd string QB

Kansas Football.
twocoach

Re: Sunflower Showdown Late Starting Game Thread. Pdub Approved, but it’s only because we starting 3rd string QB

Post by twocoach »

Two mistakes by the offense: 2 INTs
Two mistakes by the defense: 2 dropped INTs
Two mistakes by Special Teams: fumbled punt and missed XP returned for 2 pts.

KU might have survived 4 of them but 6 self-inflicted mistakes was too many. They just aren't quite there yet. the future is bright as they will only continue to improve but these were two very winnable games the last two weeks and KU walked away from them 0-2.
Last edited by twocoach on Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Sunflower Showdown Late Starting Game Thread. Pdub Approved, but it’s only because we starting 3rd string QB

Post by pdub »

Yup.
That and a 7 point mistake by the officials.
Psychhawk

Post by Psychhawk »

Apologies if this was discussed before. That blocked extra point return for 2 turned out to be huge. KU late 4th and 5 interception in the end zone-without those 2 points, it would have been a 2 point lead-KU kicking short field goal for the lead.
lwh69ku

Post by lwh69ku »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:26 pm
lwh69ku wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:24 pm Back to back blown games at home. Feels like a huge step back after OU
Oh, shut up.
k babe
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think if we had any faith in our kicking team we wouldn’t have gone for it in the 4th.

Our kicking game is BRUTAL
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Kansas should be 10-1. That is tough to take. The dropped pick at OSU also cost us. To take the game out of the hands of bad calls, you can't make mistakes. The winning margin was extra point mistakes
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Sparko wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:35 pm Kansas should be 10-1. That is tough to take. The dropped pick at OSU also cost us. To take the game out of the hands of bad calls, you can't make mistakes. The winning margin was extra point mistakes
Errr.
That’s too Sparko for me.
I’ll say we should be 8-3.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I am still stoked.
7-4 seemed a long ways away last year.

1 possession games with our 2nd string QB down.

This team is building something great.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Tech, OSU and tonight. 10-1.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Overlander wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:38 pm I am still stoked.
7-4 seemed a long ways away last year.

1 possession games with our 2nd string QB down.

This team is building something great.
Progress. But I am royally pissed at Sean Snyder
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

The F1 race in Las Vegas starts in a little over 45 minutes.

Hopefully, I'll be asleep.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

I’ll take my ban now for this thread. How long?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Meh.
Third string quarterback.
Doesn’t matter.

If I was ksu I’d be embarrassed.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

pdub wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:31 pm
AlOerter wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:29 pm
Shirley wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:26 pm

^^^
Bobbling the ball has been a clear standard for incomplete pass for years.
I’m fine with the call.
If it had been called incomplete to begin with then that’s the call too.

Instant review should only be for obvious overturns.
No problem with the final call, just saying with the ball moving an NFL crew would probably ruled incomplete. The guest booth official tonight thought it was incomplete. I'm just saying that ruling wouldn't have been "ridiculous".
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Some odd in-game coaching errors again should be talked about. Wilson fielding a bad kick in traffic. Blocking not accounting for rushers on XP. Bad play calls on a couple of first downs.

And a bobble and completed catch OOB is incomplete. Except KState. The loveable soil samplers. One penalty. One.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

AlOerter wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:46 pm
pdub wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:31 pm
AlOerter wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:29 pm

Bobbling the ball has been a clear standard for incomplete pass for years.
I’m fine with the call.
If it had been called incomplete to begin with then that’s the call too.

Instant review should only be for obvious overturns.
No problem with the final call, just saying with the ball moving an NFL crew would probably ruled incomplete. The guest booth official tonight thought it was incomplete. I'm just saying that ruling wouldn't have been "ridiculous".
No.
I actually weirdly agree if it was the NFL that call would be reversed.
Not certain why.

I like in the spirit of how replays should be called that it stood.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

KSU's defense was ass tonight. They should have lost by three touchdowns. They were gifted this pretty clearly. I want to see this team clean up the garbage and rise to the challenge in the last two
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

lwh69ku wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:34 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:26 pm
lwh69ku wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:24 pm Back to back blown games at home. Feels like a huge step back after OU
Oh, shut up.
k babe
Settle down.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

That muffed punt. I hate even catching them. There is also almost always a penalty. Take. The. Ball.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

7-4 is great and all, but this team should be 10-1 and looking forward to playing for that WWE belt. Lance and staff are great, but they have made some shit decisions that have cost KU a minimum of 3 games.